What next for the Federalist Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 07:43:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  What next for the Federalist Party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: What next for the Federalist Party?  (Read 4020 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 22, 2020, 03:25:05 AM »

Open Question: What next for the Federalist Party?

It hasn't ran a unified ticket for the Presidency for a year.

They haven't won the House for over a year.

They haven't controlled the Senate for almost a year.

Labor have sucessfully repealed the lynchpin of conservatism & anti-trade unionism: Taft-Hartley, along with passing an assault weapons ban, killing the Mexico City Policy and a whole host of other progressive reforms.

I don't know what the federalist party would even do if they had a majority

Perhaps the final nail in the coffin is that this time they ran someone who is arguably to the left of myself- can they go any lower?  
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 03:35:28 AM »

Obviously the next step for the Federalists is to run PSOL / Haley-Ryan of course. Or SWE / Extreme Republican

Now seriously, this development is certainly worrying.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2020, 03:38:30 AM »

>Has a dominant majority of posters that is only growing because of real life elections and Trump
>Actually has to ask what the hell is wrong with the Federalist Party.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 03:44:05 AM »

Our turnout was not bad as a party and was not too far below Labor's turnout %. The difference is that there is a 40 plus poster registration edge, most of whom vote completely based on partisan affiliation or how they are asked with little to no in game considerations or candidate quality even entering the equation.

We could run the best ticket ever and still not even come close. So all of this handwringing about "oh you guys ran a terrible ticket", is really just obfuscating the reality stated above.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 03:48:58 AM »

The main problem is that there is no incentive for any split in Labor. We are winning so why would we even bother?

The party is honestly too united and has clearly "won" Atlasia, whatever that means at this point. Our current victories make the JCP domination from back in the day look like childs play

On hindsight I wish MB had split the party back in February, at least that way we get actual competitive elections; even if it is between MB cultists and "Labor proper".

Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 04:17:30 AM »

The real political divide in this country is not between the right and Labor, but between Frémont and the East. This election was an overwhelming victory for the free West, as 98% of voters prefer a Frémonter president. In the next Congress, Frémonters and expatriates will control 9 of 16 seats including the vice presidency. Feds pulled off a major coup in recruiting Frémont patriot Siren to run on their slate, but negated most of her appeal by nominating the secesh border ruffian Muaddib for vice president. They would have done better to endorse the all-Frémonter Pericles/Sestak ticket, turning their 32-point loss into a 70-point victory.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 04:18:58 AM »

The real political divide in this country is not between the right and Labor, but between Frémont and the East. This election was an overwhelming victory for the free West, as 98% of voters prefer a Frémonter president. In the next Congress, Frémonters and expatriates will control 9 of 16 seats including the vice presidency. Feds pulled off a major coup in recruiting Frémont patriot Siren to run on their slate, but negated most of her appeal by nominating the secesh border ruffian Muaddib for vice president. They would have done better to endorse the all-Frémonter Pericles/Sestak ticket, turning their 32-point loss into a 70-point victory.

And even with 98% of the vote for Fremonters you still are unable to take over Kansas Tongue
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2020, 04:25:32 AM »

And even with 98% of the vote for Fremonters you still are unable to take over Kansas Tongue
Now that the entire country is under Frémontian leadership, the question of irredentism is moot. We are all Frémonters!
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2020, 04:33:55 AM »

On hindsight I wish MB had split the party back in February, at least that way we get actual competitive elections; even if it is between MB cultists and "Labor proper".

I did actually come pretty close to splitting off in January. The Labor convention amendment thing really pissed me off. Didn't happen of course but let's say it did.

So what happens? I'm gonna say Leinad drops out of the ticket and gets replaced by someone more appealing to the right so we basically have a Siren-Muaddib situation 4 months early.

Siren/Muaddib failed so hard for a couple reasons: Siren has been out of the game for a couple years now, so she doesn't have all the connections that are necessary to run a winning campaign. Plus Muaddib has the reputation of being super far right so this alienated some of the left wingers who would have voted for them otherwise.

I, on the other hand, have a bit better grasp on each individual voter. I turn out a solid amount of Labor voters every time... but here's the thing. My core bloc that always votes for me is pretty small compared to the Labor forum zombie army. So maybe I pull over 15-20 or so voters to my side. Sure, great. But Pericles still wins the core Labor vote including the mass of zombies. The right wing mostly votes for me but there are a few defectors (like maybe lfromnj) who aren't too thrilled about running a left winger on the ticket. Plus all the classic swing voters like Winfield and Kingpoleon and Smoltchanov and Andjey still vote for Pericles. I've got no connection with most of them.

I come closer, yeah, but the numbers aren't quite there for me to pull it off. And I doubt this alliance with the right lasts for longer than an election, so where do I end up? Back at square one, probably f**king around and forming another version of the Hoxhaist Party. Maybe I get myself a House seat. Pericles runs again in June and wins in a landslide, maybe I even vote for him cause I'm too burned out to really care. Anyway it ends up not too different from the situation today.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2020, 04:40:25 AM »

I did actually come pretty close to splitting off in January. The Labor convention amendment thing really pissed me off. Didn't happen of course but let's say it did.

So what happens? I'm gonna say Leinad drops out of the ticket and gets replaced by someone more appealing to the right so we basically have a Siren-Muaddib situation 4 months early.

Siren/Muaddib failed so hard for a couple reasons: Siren has been out of the game for a couple years now, so she doesn't have all the connections that are necessary to run a winning campaign. Plus Muaddib has the reputation of being super far right so this alienated some of the left wingers who would have voted for them otherwise.

I, on the other hand, have a bit better grasp on each individual voter. I turn out a solid amount of Labor voters every time... but here's the thing. My core bloc that always votes for me is pretty small compared to the Labor forum zombie army. So maybe I pull over 15-20 or so voters to my side. Sure, great. But Pericles still wins the core Labor vote including the mass of zombies. The right wing mostly votes for me but there are a few defectors (like maybe lfromnj) who aren't too thrilled about running a left winger on the ticket. Plus all the classic swing voters like Winfield and Kingpoleon and Smoltchanov and Andjey still vote for Pericles. I've got no connection with most of them.

I come closer, yeah, but the numbers aren't quite there for me to pull it off. And I doubt this alliance with the right lasts for longer than an election, so where do I end up? Back at square one, probably f**king around and forming another version of the Hoxhaist Party. Maybe I get myself a House seat. Pericles runs again in June and wins in a landslide, maybe I even vote for him cause I'm too burned out to really care. Anyway it ends up not too different from the situation today.

Eh, my point is that on the long term, a Labor splitter would be relatively successful (key word relatively). You'd certainly get enough people to get a House seat for as long as you wanted, so at least House elections should be competitive between 4-4-1 and 5-3-1 for instance; even if you would not really be a swing voter as commonly understood.

February was also when the Dem primaries were in full swing, so running "to the left of Labor" is also a decent enough option.

Do I think you pull it off? No, not really. On paper the Koopa+HCP+Dule votes are enough to get you over the line, but HCP got several Labor leadership votes so I guess you narrowly lose, but it'd still be almost as close as Jun 19; say you lose 53-46 or something. It also depends on who Feds back, since it'd be a true 3 way race; if you finish 3rd I guess Peri still wins like he did.

On the longer term, the "MB cult party" would probably be a bit bigger than LJP currently is, so enough for you to hold a House seat as long as you want, plus maybe elect 1 person in the Southern CoD.

Even having a 3 party system of sorts (with the third party to the left of Labor at least nominally) is better than the status quo.

JCP was at least opposed by a faction of anti-JCP leftists and pre-reset Labor had to compete with TPP and the Liberals; post-reset Labor is not even seeing that outside of PSOL's quixotic campaigns.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 04:57:02 AM »

...the secesh border ruffian Muaddib for vice president.

Can you point to where I have advocated for session? The answer is you can't as I haven't advocated for that. The only border ruffian is yourself, as your obsession with consuming Kansas into Fremont in spite of the constitution. Which you voted in favour of. But Truman doesn't let facts get in the way of a "good" story.

Plus Muaddib has the reputation of being super far right so this alienated some of the left wingers who would have voted for them otherwise.

Once again the left (in general not you specifically MB) not letting facts get in the way of a "good" story.

Siren & I worked on our platform from a basis of common ground. One should always be willing to work with those on the opposite side of the aisle who are working in good faith. Rather than buy in lazy libel agianst myself, Siren actually read my postitions as outlined in my campaigns for Governor of the South. This is a testament her character, that she did her own thinking, rather than buy into hearsay and rumour.

I am proud of the platform Siren and I work on. It was a honour to run with her and I'd do it again. I have no regrets. Unity Tickets especially of the nautre of ours was bound to get dissenters, we had hoped to minimize that.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2020, 04:57:29 AM »

Eh, my point is that on the long term, a Labor splitter would be relatively successful (key word relatively). You'd certainly get enough people to get a House seat for as long as you wanted, so at least House elections should be competitive between 4-4-1 and 5-3-1 for instance; even if you would not really be a swing voter as commonly understood.

February was also when the Dem primaries were in full swing, so running "to the left of Labor" is also a decent enough option.

Do I think you pull it off? No, not really. On paper the Koopa+HCP+Dule votes are enough to get you over the line, but HCP got several Labor leadership votes so I guess you narrowly lose, but it'd still be almost as close as Jun 19; say you lose 53-46 or something. It also depends on who Feds back, since it'd be a true 3 way race; if you finish 3rd I guess Peri still wins like he did.

On the longer term, the "MB cult party" would probably be a bit bigger than LJP currently is, so enough for you to hold a House seat as long as you want, plus maybe elect 1 person in the Southern CoD.

Even having a 3 party system of sorts (with the third party to the left of Labor at least nominally) is better than the status quo.

JCP was at least opposed by a faction of anti-JCP leftists and pre-reset Labor had to compete with TPP and the Liberals; post-reset Labor is not even seeing that outside of PSOL's quixotic campaigns.
Yeah. Point is I would have enough for a house seat but not enough for a serious win anywhere. And I doubt I would be as invested as I am now if I'd made that choice.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 04:58:41 AM »

Can you point to where I have advocated for session? The answer is you can't as I haven't advocated for that. The only border ruffian is yourself, as your obsession with consuming Kansas into Fremont in spite of the constitution. Which you voted in favour of. But Truman doesn't let facts get in the way of a "good" story.

Plus Muaddib has the reputation of being super far right so this alienated some of the left wingers who would have voted for them otherwise.

Once again the left (in general not you specifically MB) not letting facts get in the way of a "good" story.

Siren & I worked on our platform from a basis of common ground. One should always be willing to work with those on the opposite side of the aisle who are working in good faith. Rather than buy in lazy libel agianst myself, Siren actually read my postitions as outlined in my campaigns for Governor of the South. This is a testament her character, that she did her own thinking, rather than buy into hearsay and rumour.

I am proud of the platform Siren and I work on. It was a honour to run with her and I'd do it again. I have no regrets. Unity Tickets especially of the nautre of ours was bound to get dissenters, we had hoped to minimize that.
I'm not saying you're super far right cause I know that's not true but people assign that label to you and other people buy it.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 05:00:54 AM »

MB didn't even outright say Muaddib is far-right lol (he is but I don't really care to discuss that now because the election is over). He said that Muaddib has a reputation as being far-right. This is a fact. It was very helpful to me, and enabled me to stem potential left-wing defections and ensure I won over vulnerable swing voters. Siren with a generic right-wing pick would have done slightly better imo. Someone like RC is too liberal for it to work, then I probably could have gotten right-wing defections and there may have been a proper third-party bid, and Cao also ran as a moderate and was too unknown, but the rest of their House slate could have worked (or some other Fed).
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 05:01:18 AM »

I'm not saying you're super far right cause I know that's not true but people assign that label to you and other people buy it.

Indeed hence my clarification. Smiley
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 05:15:38 AM »

I was going to say "prison colony anchor baby" but it didn't quite mesh with the theme.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 05:16:33 AM »

MB didn't even outright say Muaddib is far-right lol (he is...)
And my point is proven with more of Lazy Labor's Lousy Libel.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 08:51:27 AM »

The reason why Siren didn't get 40% is because she picked Muadd'ib, and as a result, she lost some of her left wing support. Had she picked somebody like OSR, she would have gotten more then 40%.

Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 11:33:22 AM »

The reason why Siren didn't get 40% is because she picked Muadd'ib, and as a result, she lost some of her left wing support. Had she picked somebody like OSR, she would have gotten more then 40%.

You think picking OSR would have given her 11 extra votes?
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 11:39:50 AM »

Yankee's right, Labor could probably run me/some other inactive guy and still win because the game is so heavily zombified right now.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2020, 11:48:47 AM »

It is worth noting that Koopa/RC did better than this; and so did Feds in the December and April midterms

So what happened? The Feds have essencially turned back the small bounce they had and are back at rock bottom. Hell, I am pretty sure the left's House result was even better than Oct 19 and that we were closer to 7-2 than to 5-4!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2020, 11:50:52 AM »

Had you split the party, I would have hunted you down until you and your third party would have been completely destroyed. Your federalist short term allies wouldn't have stood to you and would have tried to destroy you as well because they would have wanted to get their southern senate seats back.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2020, 12:05:18 PM »

Honestly the best idea for the Feds is to become socially liberal, but remain economically conservative. This is similar to the New Dems IRL, culture wars issues like abortion are very polarizing, and it’s much easier to seek deregulation and tax cuts rather than banning access to abortion services and other forms of reproductive healthcare. If the feds, ever got back into power I’d also expect them to push fiscally conservative policies, and not focus on polarizing wedge social issues like gun control, abortion, or same sex marriage. This platform might help them peel off some more moderate left wing voters, ftr, I’ve said many times on Discord that this “soclib fiscon” approach is their best idea. So, I guess the best way to say this is that they should become neoliberals or a more economically conservative version of the Third Way Left that emerged under Bill Clinton’s presidency. But yeah, at this point the Feds need to stop being socially conservative to have a chance, imo. I guess they can make Tom Carper their idol and model Tongue.
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »

It is worth noting that Koopa/RC did better than this; and so did Feds in the December and April midterms

So what happened? The Feds have essencially turned back the small bounce they had and are back at rock bottom. Hell, I am pretty sure the left's House result was even better than Oct 19 and that we were closer to 7-2 than to 5-4!

Koopa/RC did worse in raw votes.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2020, 12:10:02 PM »

Honestly the best idea for the Feds is to become socially liberal, but remain economically conservative. This is similar to the New Dems IRL, culture wars issues like abortion are very polarizing, and it’s much easier to seek deregulation and tax cuts rather than banning access to abortion services and other forms of reproductive healthcare. If the feds, ever got back into power I’d also expect them to push fiscally conservative policies, and not focus on polarizing wedge social issues like gun control, abortion, or same sex marriage. This platform might help them peel off some more moderate left wing voters, ftr, I’ve said many times on Discord that this “soclib fiscon” approach is their best idea. So, I guess the best way to say this is that they should become neoliberals or a more economically conservative version of the Third Way Left that emerged under Bill Clinton’s presidency. But yeah, at this point the Feds need to stop being socially conservative to have a chance, imo. I guess they can make Tom Carper their idol and model Tongue.

Guns are not a partisan issue in Atlasia, a pretty solid chunk of the left is pro-gun and one of the most vocal people against the AWB is in the Peace Party.

No one has touched the issue of same sex marriage in the Atlasian right (except for maybe Ben Kenobi doing some ranting at some point).

Abortion is also not really a partisan issue in Atlasia either, as there are many pro-life members on the left, as well as pro-choice members on the right.

You really should stop providing bad advice, especially when it's clear you have no clue what you are talking about.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies