Gun Ownership/Rights? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:51:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Gun Ownership/Rights? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gun Ownership/Rights?  (Read 15752 times)
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« on: May 25, 2004, 12:05:12 PM »

I am for background checks, background checks at gun shows, and assault weapons bans. I could probably be talked into supporting a one gun a month policy.

I am not for expanding the gun ban list and I am against forcing gun owners to get licenses. I fully and completely support legislation to protect gun manufacturers from lawsuits; after all, if I run over someone with my Cadillac, for example, they don't sue GM. I am *not against* allowing people to apply for and obtain permits, provided they are competent and of sound mind, to carry a concealed weapon for protection.

I absolutely believe the 2nd amendment gives individuals the right to own guns, so the question for me isn't should there be gun control, but how much should there be.
Giant Saguaro
TheGiantSaguaro

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: 3.83

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 12:16:22 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2004, 02:45:12 PM by TheGiantSaguaro »

I am for background checks, background checks at gun shows, and assault weapons bans. I could probably be talked into supporting a one gun a month policy.

I am not for expanding the gun ban list and I am against forcing gun owners to get licenses. I fully and completely support legislation to protect gun manufacturers from lawsuits; after all, if I run over someone with my Cadillac, for example, they don't sue GM. I am *not against* allowing people to apply for and obtain permits, provided they are competent and of sound mind, to carry a concealed weapon for protection.

I absolutely believe the 2nd amendment gives individuals the right to own guns, so the question for me isn't should there be gun control, but how much should there be.

Very well put.

Thank you. Smiley

I guess your senators are very anti-gun, especially Feinstein?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies