Germany megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:38:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Germany megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Germany megathread  (Read 52567 times)
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« on: July 15, 2021, 05:20:46 PM »

It's very bad. My mother lives in that region. There is a village nearby the place where I lived which is practically cut off from the outside world. Some streets in the town where I grew up are completely flooded. This is something that doesn't usually happen in Germany. Our infrastructure and buildings are not constructed to withstand something like this.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 08:00:48 AM »

I had been sceptical on whether the discussion about a potential ban of the AfD would be beneficiary for those who are against it. Recent events changed by mind a bit. The Brandenburg branch has indicated that it fully supports the plans which were discussed in the clandestine meeting, this is an outright endorsement of a racist worldview and, in my opinion, the smoking gun that is needed to pursue action against the party, and at least state branches should be dissolved if that is what they believe in.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 04:45:46 AM »

I think Tagesschau reported 250,000-300,000 people in total across Germany. That's a crazy amount. Many cities have reported the largest crowds for any protest in history. I was in Frankfurt and the whole city was packed, with around 40,000 participants, even though it was minus 4 degrees outside. I've never seen anything like that. Makes one feel a bit better about the whole situation honestly.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies