What level of formal education do you have in Philosophy? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: World politics is up Schmitt creek)
  What level of formal education do you have in Philosophy? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What level of formal education do you have in Philosophy?
None - basic readings in well-known works

None - But I read more profession materials as well

Undergraduate degree

Graduate degree (non PhD)

Graduate degree PhD

Formal education in another discipline but with strong links to Philosophy

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: What level of formal education do you have in Philosophy?  (Read 1723 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« on: June 26, 2020, 06:03:38 AM »

None other than what I was taught in high school (When I was in high school philosophy was mandatory here in years 11 and 12; as well as an ethics class in year 10 which was also mandatory).

Year 10 Ethics I cannot remember much. I remember having a teacher who came from Eastern Europe I think and had a rather strong accent and watching like one movie in class and commenting on it, but I cannot remember anything about the actual contents of the class.

Year 11 Philosophy was more theoretical and abstract and to be honest I cannot remember much either. I remember even less than year 10 ethics

Year 12 "History of Philosophy" was literally just learning about the philosophy from 5 historical philosophers (Plato, Aristotle, Kant, Marx and Nietsche). This one I actually remember some stuff, but even then it is extremely basic and superficial concepts.

Truth be told, for my career path I don't really think you need philosophy that much.

I will also note that the last education reform made it so year 10 Ethics and year 12 History of Philosophy are now optional and not mandatory, so the current Spanish curriculum with regards to philosophy is even more limited and basic.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies