Canada General Election - 2021 (Sign Up, Rules, and Backstory)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:00:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Canada General Election - 2021 (Sign Up, Rules, and Backstory)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Canada General Election - 2021 (Sign Up, Rules, and Backstory)  (Read 3594 times)
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2021, 04:36:24 PM »

I'll take the Communist Party of Canada.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2021, 10:05:47 PM »

I doubt DKrol will allow you to take a party which fielded 27 and 30 candidates in 2021 and 2019 respectively and a party which got 4000 votes.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2021, 09:55:24 AM »

I doubt DKrol will allow you to take a party which fielded 27 and 30 candidates in 2021 and 2019 respectively and a party which got 4000 votes.

Unfortunately, the Communist Party is not an option.

I will likely post the corrected backstory tomorrow. I’d like us to have a player for the Bloc before we start, with The People’s Party and Maverick Party also available but not essential.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2021, 12:28:58 PM »

I guess I'll be Bloc then.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2021, 06:50:21 PM »
« Edited: September 12, 2021, 09:49:23 PM by DKrol »

Canada General Election - 2021

After two years of tenuously leading a minority Liberal government, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau saw a window to expand his party’s hold on Ottawa and reclaim a Majority Government.

After seeing his support surge thanks to the COVID-19 crisis, Trudeau been to lay the groundwork for a General Election. The Liberal Government announced a series of high-budget childcare programs with provincial governments and began to select slates of candidates in risings across the nation. On a same Sunday afternoon in August, Trudeau went to Rideau Hall, requested Parliament be dissolved, and the writs were dropped.

Despite holding a healthy lead in the polls, under the surface, things are not as bright as they may appear for the Liberals. While the vaccine rollout is leading the world, a strong, loud minority of vaccine opponents have emerged, at the same time as a fourth wave of infections has begun to bubble up across the country. On the same day Trudeau called the election, the Afghan capital of Kabul fell to the Taliban after a 20-year US-led war. The Government now faces questions over refugees and the political fallout over the Afghanistan crisis. Climate has become a more pressing issue, as serious wildfires have removed entire Canadian towns for the map in a matter of hours. And an even more simple question has emerged - why call an election now?

These are the issues that will define the Canadian General Election of 2021.

Players
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau (Liberals) - S019
Opposition Leader Erin O’Toole (Conservatives) - RGM2609
Yves Francois Blanchet (Bloc Quebecois) - CraneHusband
Jagmeet Singh (New Democratic Party) - KaiserDave
Annamie Paul (Greens) - Ishan
Maxime Bernier (People's Party) - NYIndy
Jay Hill (Maverick Party) -

Rules

Time: This election campaign will take place from August 16 to September 20, a five week campaign. Each turn will last at least 72 hours, covering one week of campaigning.

Campaigns: You're free to make your own schedules and speeches, with normal campaigning being free. Each party will be able to PM the Game Moderator and ask for internal polls, canvassers/volunteers (to boost your campaign), endorsements (newspapers/organizations/celebrities) and advertising. The quality of these features will depend on a) the quality of the ask, b) the quality of the campaign being run, and c) the infrastructure of the party making the ask. You can of course also hold events or "interviews" to attack each other or promote yourself.

Debates: There will be one debate, in turn 4. The winner of the debate will receive a bonus in polling and enthusiasm.

Platforms: At the end of the first turn each party must publish a platform. In order to make this easy and simple, you will be required to write a list with your five main pledges. For example, the Greens can write on their platform"- Pass a Green New Deal” and so on. Platforms will have a relevant impact and may be used by other players to attack you. More details in the platform, the greater impact it will have.

Polls: Some polls will be released to you each turn. But those polls are not 100% reliable, so be mindful of possible bias!

Electoral System: As in real life, Trudeau and the Liberals backed away from their electoral reform pledge. Canada still elects all members in a first-past-the-post, single-member district system.

I will create the game play thread momentarily and the first turn will last until 8:00 PM on Wednesday the 15th. If we receive players for the People’s Party or the Maverick Party, they can join the round in-progress.
NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2021, 09:21:03 PM »

I can take the PPC
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2021, 09:49:36 PM »

Welcome aboard!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2021, 08:42:45 AM »

I was planning to have the turn end this evening, but there’s been very little activity so far. Do people need an extension?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2021, 01:09:58 PM »

It's been just a day, so I would hope for more time
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2021, 04:42:54 PM »

It's been just a day, so I would hope for more time

Sure, no problem. Let’s move the deadline to Friday night at 8:00 PM.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2021, 07:47:03 AM »

I’ll extend the turn one more time, through the weekend, and then we’ll need to abandon the game for lack of interest.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2021, 02:38:57 PM »

I'm sorry I've been pretty busy, I'll try and post this weekend but yeah I'm not sure about most people.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 12:37:53 PM »

Unfortunately, it looks like the desire to bring this back was overstated and short lived. I’m putting this back on the shelf.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies