Harris: Biden +12
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:32:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harris: Biden +12
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Harris: Biden +12  (Read 2509 times)
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 09:54:05 PM »

I despise Hillary Clinton, but I will readily and easily admit that she would be managing coronavirus much more efficiently and competently than Trump has. And Obama obviously would be. It astonishes me how popular he remains, especially in contrast to Clinton and Trump. Obama must be the most popular of the living ex-Presidents.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2020, 10:11:15 PM »

I despise Hillary Clinton, but I will readily and easily admit that she would be managing coronavirus much more efficiently and competently than Trump has. And Obama obviously would be. It astonishes me how popular he remains, especially in contrast to Clinton and Trump. Obama must be the most popular of the living ex-Presidents.

Jimmy Carter.
SingingAnalyst
mathstatman
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2020, 10:53:54 PM »

Excellent and comprehensive survey.

It's notable that Biden leads Trump as the candidate who would best handle "law and order" (53/47).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2020, 01:13:44 AM »

Jimmy Carter.

According to YouGov, Carter is the second most popular living President, after Obama: https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2019/03/25/jimmy-carter-longest-lived-us-president. This is about a year old, but Obama's approval rating here isn't that much different from that which was recorded in the Harris poll.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2020, 01:23:24 AM »

The contortions some people go through to explain the Clinton hatred instead of admitting the obvious, that sexism and misogyny exist and are a powerful force among voters.
FlyoverCoast
Rookie

« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2020, 01:40:46 AM »

It's crazy to me that Trump's latest approval rating at 43/57 (-14), is not even the worst it has been during his presidency. He was at 41/59 (-18) in Nov and Dec 2017.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2020, 01:46:40 AM »

It's crazy to me that Trump's latest approval rating at 43/57 (-14), is not even the worst it has been during his presidency. He was at 41/59 (-18) in Nov and Dec 2017.

It was the period when Trump went all in supporting a pedophile and Republicans passed the unpopular tax bill.
FlyoverCoast
Rookie

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2020, 02:01:42 AM »

It was the period when Trump went all in supporting a pedophile and Republicans passed the unpopular tax bill.

True, but considering we're in the midst of a mishandled pandemic, massive unemployment, and nationwide protests, I thought this would be the worst circumstances for trump's approval.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2020, 02:24:46 AM »

DOMINATING! If numbers hold to early Nov, Mr. Trump is done.

I would have preferred an undecided option, but the polls seems properly done. If Biden wins by double digits, which I doubt, but it's possible, he'll win with or close to 400 EVs. Even though people would say HRC may have been a better prez, Biden is better as a candidate because he doesn't generate such a major backlash as HRC did. Of course, some is earned due to her loss, but don't tell me there isn't sexism involved. In contrast, Al Gore - the other NPV winner - was still beloved after the 2000 election and many Dems wanted him to run again in '04 and '08 and even beyond.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2020, 02:57:50 AM »

Lmao at the Hillary Clinton disapproval
Nobody loves a loser. (Especially when they "should have" won.)

I'm not so sure about that.  There are PLENTY of Buffalo Bills fans. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2020, 03:49:25 AM »

Pulaski

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2020, 04:58:06 AM »

Excellent and comprehensive survey.

It's notable that Biden leads Trump as the candidate who would best handle "law and order" (53/47).

More than even the top line margin, this should have Republicans up and down the country terrified. Trump's "strongman" pantomime isn't working, and he's not about to stop. This, together with the economy, is the Republican issue. And it explains Biden's over-performance with older voters in particular.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2020, 06:09:35 AM »

RCP used to add Harvard-Harris polls. Now that they show Biden up 12? Nope!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2020, 09:25:21 AM »
« Edited: June 23, 2020, 09:29:25 AM by Sir Mohamed »

Poll has been included today. Biden leads 51.2% to 41.4% on the average as of now.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2020, 10:19:10 AM »

Joke poll, Joe is gonna win by the same PVI as Hilary but flipping WI, MI, PA
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2020, 10:52:34 AM »

Joke poll, Joe is gonna win by the same PVI as Hilary but flipping WI, MI, PA

Can you keep one opinion on the election for more than, like, 12 hours?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2020, 10:53:21 AM »

Poll has been included today. Biden leads 51.2% to 41.4% on the average as of now.

Good, good, RCP heeled.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2020, 11:20:44 AM »

I agree that Confederate monuments should be taken down, but except for VA, the South doesn't feel that way and the 279 blue wall doesnt encompass the Confederacy. Also the Dems can get to 50 seats in the Senate without NC, by winning AZ, CO, ME and IA.

There probably will be a backlash in Southern states
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2020, 01:49:09 PM »

And the Bills "should have won" as well. Wide right is the football equivalent of winning the PV but losing the EC. Smiley
Yoda
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2020, 02:54:06 PM »

56% for Biden! *Spit take*.

But according to Trafalgar, Biden is apparently leading by this much nationally yet somehow only barely Michigan!

Favorables:
Barack Obama: 59/35 (+24)
Joe Biden: 47/44 (+3)
Donald Trump: 39/56 (-17)
Hillary Clinton: 37/56 (-19)

Unsurprisingly, “Obamagate” did nothing. Another reason why making this election about President Obama is the dumbest thing Trump can do.

It's such bulls*** that Clinton is less popular than Trump though. The poor woman really doesn't deserve that. Our populace is so stupid. If she was President right now things would not be as f***ed as they are. I am adamant about that, yet too many Americans just can't help but have knee-jerk hatred towards her.

I couldn't agree more. She's probably the clearest example of what a 30+ year character assassination campaign campaign from the far right media ecosystem can do to someone's reputation. She's a smart, competent, tough, empathetic woman/leader, but republicans have managed to make most of the country see her as some kind of Medusa.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2020, 05:59:31 PM »

56% for Biden! *Spit take*.

But according to Trafalgar, Biden is apparently leading by this much nationally yet somehow only barely Michigan!

Favorables:
Barack Obama: 59/35 (+24)
Joe Biden: 47/44 (+3)
Donald Trump: 39/56 (-17)
Hillary Clinton: 37/56 (-19)

Unsurprisingly, “Obamagate” did nothing. Another reason why making this election about President Obama is the dumbest thing Trump can do.

It's such bulls*** that Clinton is less popular than Trump though. The poor woman really doesn't deserve that. Our populace is so stupid. If she was President right now things would not be as f***ed as they are. I am adamant about that, yet too many Americans just can't help but have knee-jerk hatred towards her.

I couldn't agree more. She's probably the clearest example of what a 30+ year character assassination campaign campaign from the far right media ecosystem can do to someone's reputation. She's a smart, competent, tough, empathetic woman/leader, but republicans have managed to make most of the country see her as some kind of Medusa.

Really, at a minimum I was just hoping that Americans, especially those on the left, would start looking at her as the martyr that she is. I'm not even asking for her to have a net positive favorability rating, I know that she has faults, but I just can't stand that Trump is somehow looked at more positively! What a f***ed up world we live in.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies