Catholic Archbishop writes letter to Trump, supports him against "Deep state" and "globalism"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:20:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Catholic Archbishop writes letter to Trump, supports him against "Deep state" and "globalism"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Catholic Archbishop writes letter to Trump, supports him against "Deep state" and "globalism"  (Read 727 times)
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2020, 05:45:33 PM »

Carlo Maria Vigano, a well-documented critic of Pope Francis, issued the letter on June 7.

In recent months we have been witnessing the formation of two opposing sides that I would call Biblical: the children of light and the children of darkness. The children of light constitute the most conspicuous part of humanity, while the children of darkness represent an absolute minority. And yet the former are the object of a sort of discrimination which places them in a situation of moral inferiority with respect to their adversaries, who often hold strategic positions in government, in politics, in the economy and in the media. In an apparently inexplicable way, the good are held hostage by the wicked and by those who help them either out of self-interest or fearfulness.

Basil
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.55, S: 1.13

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 12:09:38 AM »

Vigano I'm afraid has become unhinged. I really do believe he is in steep mental decline. He's the one who wrote the letter demanding Pope Francis to resign.

His views here cannot be said to represent the Catholic Church by any means.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 07:38:46 AM »

If I'm a child of the 'dark', then the light must be burning me.
John Henry Eden
Rookie
Uganda

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 01:42:48 PM »

Vigano was hinging on Pope Francis allowing women priests during the amazon synod which did not happen. now he has no choice but to double down on the radtrad narrative
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:02 AM »

Seems like his use of "children of light" and "children of darkness" owe more to extrabiblical apocalyptic literature (such as "The War Scroll") than to the Bible itself.  However Vigano turns on it's head the idea of a godly remnant going up against the ungodly multitude: for him it is a small minority who are ungodly, which enables scapegoating.

Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 12:09:09 PM »

Seems like his use of "children of light" and "children of darkness" owe more to extrabiblical apocalyptic literature (such as "The War Scroll") than to the Bible itself.  However Vigano turns on it's head the idea of a godly remnant going up against the ungodly multitude: for him it is a small minority who are ungodly, which enables scapegoating.
He made quite a clever use of wordplay there.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies