Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:26:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons  (Read 2509 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« on: June 29, 2020, 04:57:30 PM »
« edited: June 29, 2020, 05:14:12 PM by lfromnj »

NYT op ed finally comes for George Washington, lol ... matter of time, I guess.

It's the author of a single op-ed article, not the times editorial board itself.

If they can run an article by Tom Cotton calling for the federal military to be deployed to cities for cracking down on protesters, surely we can survive some guy saying Washington isn't worth having monuments too.

FTR, I oppose both positions. But consider me funny funny if I'm admittedly somewhat more concerned about the one that has the overt support of the president and his political allies versus largely a coalition of Twitter nobodys and mobs who are one missed bus ticket away from dissipating. Especially when that former position will, you know, actually kill people.

But they won't do it anymore because it endangers the staff's feelings, by removing the article from the print edition, saying it wasn't a worthy article in retrospect and firing the editor the NYT has essentially given room to criticize the paper itself for its editorial choices. A year ago they probably had some whack op-eds too but I didn't care that much as I understood they were op-eds. However the times has become too selective on op-eds to truly be called an op-ed section.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies