Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:49:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Thread for statue vandalism of anti-slavery figures and other random persons  (Read 2536 times)
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: June 15, 2020, 05:53:49 AM »

This is nuts.
We might have to dole out jail sentences.
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2020, 06:29:07 AM »

Can these idiots please just focus on Confederate and slave trader statues? It's a slippery slope. They'll be tearing down JFK statues for him being anti-trans or something soon.
"Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn." - Alfred, the Dark Knight
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2020, 08:26:05 AM »
« Edited: June 15, 2020, 08:32:01 AM by Southern Archivist Punxsutawney Phil »

Statue toppling remains a bastion of ignorance and stupidity. Yeah, someone in the 18th century wasn't woke. Get over it, read a history book, and try to understand there is some grey space between all bad/all good.

I hope most of these are rebuilt.
Nobody from that time was woke. That means that only people from the present day qualify for a statue. Even Honest Abe was a homophobe. Lets smash the Lincoln memorial!
Time periods don't matter, the only way to assess historical figures is by the moral standards I hold at this very moment.
As you can tell, I am surely nothing but pure logic personified. If you disagree with me in any way you are nothing but an apologist for bigots.
/s
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies