Dave Freudenthal as Obama's running mate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 12:29:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  Dave Freudenthal as Obama's running mate
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dave Freudenthal as Obama's running mate  (Read 718 times)
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2020, 11:39:58 AM »

I accidentally posted this in the wrong board so I'll post it here. If Obama had selected Dave Freudenthal as his running mate, how would it change the map? How would Freudenthal do against Trump in 2016?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 08:12:33 AM »

I think the map in 2008 could have been somewhat different, but apart from Wyoming I don't think it would be crazily different.

Then, I suppose he would have needed a rebranding to run in 2016, and in any case Sanders or Warren or some other people on the left would have attacked him hard for the conservative stuff he had done or said while governor of Wyoming (I mean, Bernie got this far while casting Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden as too moderate, and they weren't the governor of the most Republican state in the USA). I think if Freudenthal had won the primary anyway, I think it would have been with a similar map to Biden's in 2020 but with less white college graduates.

Then, I think Freudenthal would have beaten Trump by a decent but not huge margin; I have no idea about the electoral map because of the potential variations introduced by the new 2008, the new 2012, and the 2016 primaries.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 09:00:22 PM »

I think the map in 2008 could have been somewhat different, but apart from Wyoming I don't think it would be crazily different.

Then, I suppose he would have needed a rebranding to run in 2016, and in any case Sanders or Warren or some other people on the left would have attacked him hard for the conservative stuff he had done or said while governor of Wyoming (I mean, Bernie got this far while casting Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden as too moderate, and they weren't the governor of the most Republican state in the USA). I think if Freudenthal had won the primary anyway, I think it would have been with a similar map to Biden's in 2020 but with less white college graduates.

Then, I think Freudenthal would have beaten Trump by a decent but not huge margin; I have no idea about the electoral map because of the potential variations introduced by the new 2008, the new 2012, and the 2016 primaries.
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:12:59 PM »

I don't see it changing much, though potentially the coattails of Freudenthal being on the ticket make WY-AL closer, though I don't know if it'd flip. If it did, Trauner would lose in 2010.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:19:32 PM »

I don't see it changing much, though potentially the coattails of Freudenthal being on the ticket make WY-AL closer, though I don't know if it'd flip. If it did, Trauner would lose in 2010.
Trauner would probably take from Chet Edwards the honor of being the incumbent who lost by the biggest margin in 2010.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 03:07:32 AM »

Think how crazy it would have been for Democrats to have a seat both in Idaho and in Wyoming for 2 years.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies