YouGov/Yahoo News: Biden +9
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 11:32:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  YouGov/Yahoo News: Biden +9
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: YouGov/Yahoo News: Biden +9  (Read 2245 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 11, 2020, 09:23:30 AM »

June 9-10 for Yahoo! News

November vote
Biden 49%
Trump 40%

Who should Biden pick as VP?
Warren 30%
Harris 24%
Klobuchar 14%
Abrams 14%
Demings 8%
Lance-Bottoms 6%
Whitmer 5%

Who would do a better job of handling the following things?
Protests: Biden 42%, Trump 32%
Coronavirus: Biden 39%, Trump 31%
Race relations: Biden 44%, Trump 27%
Economy: Biden 34%, Trump 37%
Immigration: Biden 42%, Trump 33%
Foreign policy: Biden 40%, Trump 30%

How would you rate Trump?
Great 18%
Near Great 12%
Average 13%
Below Average 11%
Failure 43%

Do you think Trump is a racist? 52% yes, 34% no

https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/lmp5wnyq44/20200611_yahoo_race_police_covid_toplines.pdf
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 09:25:23 AM »

Biden is keeping it nice and close to 50%.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:28:45 AM »

Those options for Trump...woah.

I kind of want to see pollsters occasionally use this Great/Near Great/Average/Below Average/Failure scale. It's hilarious.

I don't want to see it become a regular thing because it's useless, but it's hilarious.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:29:31 AM »

Is this the jobs bump or the protest bump?
Zache

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 09:30:27 AM »

Nice job numbers bump for Trump. The YouGov/Yahoo News poll from last week was Biden + 8 so he's doing worse.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 09:39:08 AM »

SN2903 looking at this poll from banishment.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »

71M to 63 M raw vote total is going to plam
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 10:28:49 AM »

This is basically the same result as the other YouGov poll so I don't think it's a huge deal, but they didn't poll the general election until the 74th question in the survey.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 11:09:41 AM »

This is basically the same result as the other YouGov poll so I don't think it's a huge deal, but they didn't poll the general election until the 74th question in the survey.

That's normal for YouGov.  They typically ask the GE question well down their (long) list of questions.  Same for Trump approval.  And when they ask GCB, it's usually the very last question.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2020, 11:36:10 AM »

SN isnt banned, he is just banned from 2020 polls, he can post anywhere else
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2020, 01:07:28 PM »

And despite RCP adding the weekly Economist/YouGov poll, they will not add this one
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2020, 03:57:07 PM »

This is the single great post I've seen on this site.  Well done!
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2020, 06:26:24 PM »

Trump still seems to be polling better than Biden on the economy, but it's closer than it should be to truly still be an advantage for Trump. I feel like all Biden needs to say is: "The Obama-Biden administration got the country out of a recession, the Trump administration got us into one."
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2020, 06:29:19 PM »

Trump still seems to be polling better than Biden on the economy, but it's closer than it should be to truly still be an advantage for Trump. I feel like all Biden needs to say is: "The Obama-Biden administration got the country out of a recession, the Trump administration got us into one."

What should be Biden's mantra: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loBe0WXtts8
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2020, 06:31:15 PM »

That's always the way to go for challenging an incumbent President. It's almost become a cliche, albeit an effective one. Biden can definitely make this case more easily than he could have back in early March.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2020, 06:45:16 PM »

That's always the way to go for challenging an incumbent President. It's almost become a cliche, albeit an effective one. Biden can definitely make this case more easily than he could have back in early March.

It's not "always" the way to go, it's the way to go when the answer to the question is No. That's the point, and I see you make it in your last sentence there. Honestly, if you'd asked people six months ago "Are you better off than you were 4 years ago," many (maybe not most, definitely not all, but many) people could say yes, quite sincerely.

Today? Hardly anyone is better off than they were in June 2016.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 08:24:29 PM »

Candidate/Great/Near-Great/Average/Below-Average/Failure/DK

Donald Trump 18% 12% 13% 11% 43% 3%
Barack Obama 27% 18% 22% 8% 21% 3%
George W. Bush 7% 13% 42% 21% 13% 4%
Bill Clinton 8% 20% 36% 17% 16% 3%
Ronald Reagan 23% 19% 23% 14% 10% 10%
Jimmy Carter 14% 19% 33% 9% 12% 12%
John F. Kennedy 31% 32% 27% 3% 2% 6%
Dwight Eisenhower 18% 26% 27% 4% 1% 24%
Franklin D. Roosevelt 31% 29% 18% 5% 3% 15%
Abraham Lincoln 48% 27% 14% 3% 2% 7%
George Washington 40% 25% 19% 4% 2% 10%

Interesting to see these numbers split into quintiles instead of quartiles or halves. I enjoy seeing that Jimmy Carter scores higher on the "great"+"near-great" scale than Trump does. Also, Obama has by far the best scores of any living ex-president. I also enjoy seeing the number of people who have no idea what to make of Eisenhower.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 09:42:08 PM »

Jimmy Carter did not have a better presidency than Bill Clinton....also 42% of people thought W. Bush's presidency was average? Do Republicans even believe that?
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2020, 09:56:17 PM »

If W is now our average President, with Average meaning, like, half above half below in quality...

Yeah, this is it for us. This is the end.
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2020, 08:26:14 AM »

Yeah, I also found Bush's huge level of "average" responses to be interesting. My guess is that a lot of people either a)forget the details of his presidency, or b)think he's a good person (especially compared to Trump) and don't want to say he was a poor president, but can't bring themselves to say he was near great either. Then there are also probably some Trumpian Republicans who have ambivalent feelings of the Bush-era GOP.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2020, 06:12:42 PM »

Yeah, I also found Bush's huge level of "average" responses to be interesting. My guess is that a lot of people either a)forget the details of his presidency, or b)think he's a good person (especially compared to Trump) and don't want to say he was a poor president, but can't bring themselves to say he was near great either. Then there are also probably some Trumpian Republicans who have ambivalent feelings of the Bush-era GOP.

There might also be a generational disparity. Younger, Generation Z respondents who may have been around during Bush's tenure may not remember it very well in comparison to Obama and Trump.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2020, 03:02:16 AM »

There might also be a generational disparity. Younger, Generation Z respondents who may have been around during Bush's tenure may not remember it very well in comparison to Obama and Trump.

I have heard this hypothesized as a difference in the attitudes between younger Gen Z people and older millennials, in that the latter remember the Bush years and are thus more loyal to the Democratic Party, whereas those that don't remember the Bush years seem to hold the Democratic Party in lower regard.

https://www.vox.com/2016/9/21/12963334/clinton-millennial-problem
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2020, 11:34:51 AM »

Yup. Speaking as a member of Gen Z, there's a terrifying number of people my age who view Obama as the default/baseline/status quo.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2020, 11:41:49 AM »

Yup. Speaking as a member of Gen Z, there's a terrifying number of people my age who view Obama as the default/baseline/status quo.

There's nothing terrifying about having standards.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »

There's nothing terrifying about having standards.

There is if those standards are too high
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies