Your vote for Governor, 2006
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:25:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Your vote for Governor, 2006
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: How do you plan on voting for Governor in November?
incumbent Democrat

non-incumbent Democrat

incumbent Republican

non-incumbent Republican

third party

my state does not have a gubernatorial election in 2006

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 68

Author Topic: Your vote for Governor, 2006  (Read 10526 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:51 AM »

what are some positions of this lovelace cahracter?

His four main positions (in no patricular order of importance) are:
1. No to school vouchers.  (I'm somewhat in favor of vouchers myself, but Sanford's idiotic voucher plan would have spent most of the money for vouchers on students that already go to private schools.  Besides, except for providing a bully pulpit, it's a issue that a Governor has no effect on, given the way this State is run.)
2. Be more involved in recruiting businesses to the state than Sanford has been.
3.  Raise the cigarette tax (lowest in the nation) to pay for better primary health care for the poor (and thereby lower local government costs and thus thier taxes).
4.  Property tax reform and reduction.

He's not tacking any social issues, but then neither has Sanford, so that's a wash.  He won't appeal to the arch-libertarians, but there's enough here that Lovelace shouldn't alienate too many Republicans and he has a much better chance than Sanford of attracting independents and Democrats in the primary and in the general election.  If Sanford had shown some competence in being governor these past three years, I'd be supporting him, but he hasn't and while I don't agree 100% with Lovelace, I can tolerate him and he shouldn't  be any worse in the job and likely will be better than Sanford.  As I said earlier, my support for Lovelace is soft.  It's my support for Campbell in the LG race that is drving my politics for the next three months.

He sounds pretty horrible overall. Go Sanford!

what is so horrible about them?

i especially support the cigarette tax increase.  each state should tax those at least $2 per pack (along with smokeless tobacco).

Freedom hater.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2006, 04:43:34 PM »

what are some positions of this lovelace cahracter?

His four main positions (in no patricular order of importance) are:
1. No to school vouchers.  (I'm somewhat in favor of vouchers myself, but Sanford's idiotic voucher plan would have spent most of the money for vouchers on students that already go to private schools.  Besides, except for providing a bully pulpit, it's a issue that a Governor has no effect on, given the way this State is run.)
2. Be more involved in recruiting businesses to the state than Sanford has been.
3.  Raise the cigarette tax (lowest in the nation) to pay for better primary health care for the poor (and thereby lower local government costs and thus thier taxes).
4.  Property tax reform and reduction.

He's not tacking any social issues, but then neither has Sanford, so that's a wash.  He won't appeal to the arch-libertarians, but there's enough here that Lovelace shouldn't alienate too many Republicans and he has a much better chance than Sanford of attracting independents and Democrats in the primary and in the general election.  If Sanford had shown some competence in being governor these past three years, I'd be supporting him, but he hasn't and while I don't agree 100% with Lovelace, I can tolerate him and he shouldn't  be any worse in the job and likely will be better than Sanford.  As I said earlier, my support for Lovelace is soft.  It's my support for Campbell in the LG race that is drving my politics for the next three months.

He sounds pretty horrible overall. Go Sanford!

what is so horrible about them?

i especially support the cigarette tax increase.  each state should tax those at least $2 per pack (along with smokeless tobacco).

Freedom hater.

i love freedom.

but freedom isnt free.  you want to suck on a cigarette or slober tobacco juice, you must pay up.
Jacobtm

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2006, 04:57:34 PM »

Spitzer '06.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2006, 09:33:48 PM »

Non-incumbant Republican. Lynn Swann '06. I'd do almost anything to get Rendell out of Harrisburg.
Yates

Political Matrix
E: -0.38, S: 1.54

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2006, 09:42:24 PM »

Jim Nussle.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2006, 11:35:00 PM »

Granholm.
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2006, 03:53:06 PM »

I don't like any of the candidates for Governor in my state (see above).  Though Perry has hunted on my ranch (thereby, he's paid us).

And Perry's going to win anyway.  Perhaps a Friedman shall I vote for.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »

Probably non-incumbent Democrat.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States