OK (Amber Integrated) - Inhofe +20%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:16:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  OK (Amber Integrated) - Inhofe +20%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: OK (Amber Integrated) - Inhofe +20%  (Read 443 times)
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2020, 03:53:00 AM »

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/20200608_OK.pdf
June 1-4
500 likely voters
MoE: 4.38%

Inhofe 54%
Generic Democrat 34%
Undecided 12%
Epaminondas

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 05:11:34 AM »

Similar to his +17 win in 2008.
In 2014 he won by 40.

I notice Inhofe will turn 86 this year.
In 2024 there will be 4 nonagenarians in the Senate (Grassley, Feinstein, Inhofe & Shelby). How do they do it?
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 05:45:59 AM »

Safe R, nothing to see here.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 10:27:46 AM »

In 2014 he won by 40.

In 2024 there will be 4 nonagenarians in the Senate (Grassley, Feinstein, Inhofe & Shelby). How do they do it?

I don't know. However, Grassley and Shelby are up for reelection in 2022. We don't know yet if they are going to run again, or if they will retire. Feinstein is up in 2024, and the jury is out on her. Inhofe, of course, is running for reelection this year, and will next be up in 2026. Nevertheless, this is a major problem with our political system, that we have such senior citizens holding political office. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two of these four (or even all four) continue to serve until they are carried out of the U.S. Capitol in a gurney. Or, if they live that long, serve to the age of 100 (which is how old Strom Thurmond was when he retired in January 2003, a few months before his death).
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »

In 2014 he won by 40.

I don't know. However, Grassley and Shelby are up for reelection in 2022. We don't know yet if they are going to run again, or if they will retire. Feinstein is up in 2024, and the jury is out on her. Inhofe, of course, is running for reelection this year, and will next be up in 2026. Nevertheless, this is a major problem with our political system, that we have such senior citizens holding political office. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one or two of these four (or even all four) continue to serve until they are carried out of the U.S. Capitol in a gurney. Or, if they live that long, serve to the age of 100 (which is how old Strom Thurmond was when he retired in January 2003, a few months before his death).

Seriously. Does it really not bother the Democrats at all that their top three House leaders are all 79 or 80? And all the ones who could be next in line either lose primaries (Crowley), run for other offices (Van Hollen, Becerra and Lujan) or retire (Israel).
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2020, 10:43:49 AM »

In 2014 he won by 40.

Seriously. Does it really not bother the Democrats at all that their top three House leaders are all 79 or 80? And all the ones who could be next in line either lose primaries (Crowley), run for other offices (Van Hollen, Becerra and Lujan) or retire (Israel).

I think that it bothers many of the progressive Democrats-i.e. people of the Ocasio-Cortez camp-who believe that their leaders are out of step with the base, and that a fresh injection of energy is needed. But the vast majority of establishment or mainstream Democratic voters aren't concerned by it. I am astonished by the great discrepancy that exists in age between the Democratic and Republican House leaderships though. McCarthy, Scalise, and Cheney are all young enough to be the children of Pelosi, Hoyer, and Clyburn.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2020, 05:56:08 PM »

This is the poll everyone was clamoring for!
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:56 PM »

I think Abby Broyles will be the nominee.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2020, 11:16:18 PM »

This is the poll everyone was clamoring for!

One thing that interests me about this race is whether Inhofe will outperform or run even with Trump, and if so, if he will do noticeably worse than in 2014. The only thing important about Oklahoma for Democrats is whether or not Kendra Horn wins reelection. She will be aided in that endeavor if Trump and Inhofe do worse than their previous races, particularly in Oklahoma County.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies