Major Problems With Voting in Atlanta as 5 States Hold Primaries
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:45:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Major Problems With Voting in Atlanta as 5 States Hold Primaries
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Major Problems With Voting in Atlanta as 5 States Hold Primaries  (Read 525 times)
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 09, 2020, 02:39:40 PM »

ATLANTA — Georgia election officials, poll workers and voters reported major trouble with voting in Atlanta and elsewhere on Tuesday as the state’s primaries got underway, most critically a series of problems with new voting machines that forced many people across the state to wait in long lines and cast provisional ballots.

Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said on Twitter that voting machines were not working in many parts of the city. Poll workers in several locations were having difficulty operating the machines, which were new models.

“If you are in line, PLEASE do not allow your vote to be suppressed,” Ms. Bottoms wrote. “PLEASE stay in line.”

Nikema Williams, the chairwoman of the Democratic Party of Georgia, said she had 84 text messages reporting voting problems within 10 minutes of the polls opening at 7 a.m. Ms. Williams, who is a state senator from Atlanta, said that in some locations the voting machines did not work and in at least one other no machines ever arrived.

[...]

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/09/us/politics/primary-election-day-voting-atlanta.html
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 05:51:36 PM »

This is why I think the people who have GA as a swing state are delusional. As long as Kemp is running the show, Democrats will never get a state-wide majority, one way or another.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 08:16:13 PM »

This is why I think the people who have GA as a swing state are delusional. As long as Kemp is running the show, Democrats will never get a state-wide majority, one way or another.

We don't need no majority
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »

Cheating can't stop fate but it sure can accelerate it. I have firsthand knowledge of that. I think Kemp will reap what he sowed and it will inadvertently hurt the Republican in GA. McCory had the same mantra with his overconfidence in his state partisanship and how they "rigged the system" in order to save them and it ended up swept him out and many others in NCGOP. I am now more bullish about Georgia turning blue because what I'm hearing on the ground about this is that it is not about politics any more it's f'ing personal now.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 07:11:38 PM »

Cheating can't stop fate but it sure can accelerate it. I have firsthand knowledge of that. I think Kemp will reap what he sowed and it will inadvertently hurt the Republican in GA. McCory had the same mantra with his overconfidence in his state partisanship and how they "rigged the system" in order to save them and it ended up swept him out and many others in NCGOP. I am now more bullish about Georgia turning blue because what I'm hearing on the ground about this is that it is not about politics any more it's f'ing personal now.

I agree with this, Kemp has really over played his hand. There's really nothing he can do to stop the tide from turning, it's just math. He keeps do stupid sh**t that draws attention to himself over and over again, gives his opponents attack fodder, and riles up the growing opposition while his own base is shrinking. There's a reason Deal kept his head down and didn't do such flagrant stuff and stayed away from the culture wars. He knew he was only just stopping the bleeding.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies