Alaska (Dem Internal): Sullivan and Gross tied
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:12:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  Alaska (Dem Internal): Sullivan and Gross tied
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaska (Dem Internal): Sullivan and Gross tied  (Read 644 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 14, 2020, 05:52:55 PM »

Not many details, but the recent Cook article on the Alaska Senate race had this little tidbit:

Recent Democratic polling shows the race is tied, with Sullivan not well-defined among voters. The same poll also has Trump and Biden in a statistical dead heat and puts the president's approval rating slightly underwater. However, Alaska is a state that is notoriously hard to poll and Republicans are, perhaps rightly, skeptical of such numbers. They say their own polling doesn't worry them in regards to Sullivan, but that they're taking the race seriously.

Source: https://cookpolitical.com/analysis/senate/alaska-senate/alaska-senate-moves-likely-republican
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 06:06:07 PM »

The Dems seem to have learned from their successes in the state assembly and are supporting Dem-leaning independents. Here’s a really fascinating article about that from early 2018. I’m not going to put much stock in this poll, given the usual issues with polling Alaska, but it’s very much on my radar.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:33:25 PM »

I'm not convinced Gross will actually caucus with the Democrats if he wins, given what kind of state Alaska is.'That's a recipe for an easy loss in 2026.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:37:53 PM »

Good news, down with Sullivan. If Schumer does what Reid did with Angus King; consequently, promise him a chairmanship,  Gross will caucus with Ds
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:00 PM »

I'm not convinced Gross will actually caucus with the Democrats if he wins, given what kind of state Alaska is.'That's a recipe for an easy loss in 2026.

Begich only lost by 3 in a Republican wave year. Hard to say what 2026 will bring, but I wouldn’t count Gross out.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2020, 10:33:09 AM »

The Dems seem to have learned from their successes in the state assembly and are supporting Dem-leaning independents. Here’s a really fascinating article about that from early 2018. I’m not going to put much stock in this poll, given the usual issues with polling Alaska, but it’s very much on my radar.

That is an amazing article very interesting running candidates as Indys in Alaska for a while makes a lot of sense
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies