CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:07:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%  (Read 15753 times)
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2020, 06:25:57 PM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Whatever it takes to boot that man from the White House. 
and you call yourself a Republican? Please...

Its only a super recent thing that Republicans vote Republicans no matter what and Democrats vote Democratic no matter what.

Look at how elastic the map was from 1960-1980 and you would see that many Republicans and Democrats would vote the other party from time to time. Thats how it should be , politics ain't sports and we arent supposed to vote based on party here but based on the candidate themselves.
Democratic party is for defunding the police and late term abortion. This is not your grandfathers democratic party.

Joe Biden wants to defund the police? That'd be shocking news to Joe Biden.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2020, 06:35:58 PM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Its only a super recent thing that Republicans vote Republicans no matter what and Democrats vote Democratic no matter what.

Look at how elastic the map was from 1960-1980 and you would see that many Republicans and Democrats would vote the other party from time to time. Thats how it should be , politics ain't sports and we arent supposed to vote based on party here but based on the candidate themselves.
Democratic party is for defunding the police and late term abortion. This is not your grandfathers democratic party.

Apparently Joe Biden is nothing more than an avatar for everything Republicans hate to be projected upon.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2020, 07:07:52 PM »

Same here. 

At least he said no now he is waffling and says there should be conditional funding which is pretty similar to defunding
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2020, 07:10:07 PM »

Same here. 

At least he said no now he is waffling and says there should be conditional funding which is pretty similar to defunding
You shouldn't be on a political forum if you don't have a modicum of understanding how policy works. Period.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2020, 07:11:15 PM »

Same here.  

You shouldn't be on a political forum if you don't have a modicum of understanding how policy works. Period.
He didn't unequivocally say he is against defunding. He gave a nuanced position on conditional funding. Police need to be supported 100%. Maybe have stricter screenings but nothing cut in terms of funding. If anything this country needs more police esp in cities with high crime.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2020, 07:13:39 PM »

Same here.  

He didn't unequivocally say he is against defunding. He gave a nuanced position on conditional funding. Police need to be supported 100%. Maybe have stricter screenings but nothing cut in terms of funding. If anything this country needs more police esp in cities with minorities so they can't vote Democrat, because we put them in prison for trivial offenses. high crime.

Fixed your mistake, you don't have to sugar coat things we know how you feel.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »

Same here.  

He didn't unequivocally say he is against defunding. He gave a nuanced position on conditional funding. Police need to be supported 100%. Maybe have stricter screenings but nothing cut in terms of funding. If anything this country needs more police esp in cities with high crime.
He did say he was unequivocally against Defunding and he supports everything you mentioned, while Trump does not. You are embarrassing yourself.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2020, 07:16:55 PM »

Same here. 

Good. My grandfather's Democratic Party was pro-segregation. Glad we've moved on to progressive policy like police reform and women's rights.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2020, 07:17:27 PM »

Same here.  

You absolute fool

He's talking about federal aide to local departments being tied to you know...respecting human decency. It has nothing to do with states and localities funding their own police departments.

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2020, 08:16:33 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2020, 08:34:31 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Same here.  

"Late term abortions"?
And then SN wonders why people would ever accuse him of de-railing threads.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2020, 09:29:08 PM »

Locking for now as I clean this mess up.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2020, 09:38:00 PM »

On a second thought, I'll let the above go with a warning since I don't think there was a sudden intent of derailment (it seemed to start with OSR wishing for less polarization in politics which isn't unreasonable commentary of this poll) and the above quote chain wasn't really as toxic as some discussions on this forum. But anything relating the above quote chain will be deleted and infracted as trolling for now on.
NOVA Green
Oregon Progressive
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2020, 09:54:54 PM »

Although these numbers potentially sound a bit high for Biden, it is not unusual to see massive shifts in public opinion, especially in an RV poll, considering all of the dramatic events of the past Week or so.

We are now seeing weapons of war (CS Gas & Rubber Bullets) being deployed against not only "Black Protesters", but also many other ethnic backgrounds at the hands of over-militarized police departments, not even to mention to attempt to deploy Federal Forces against Peaceful Protesters within the Nation's Capitol.

This is after, what has been a dramatic collapse of Trump approval numbers because of his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and major collapse among White Seniors throughout the United States.

Time can change all, and although this poll might be a slight outlier, it is clear that the "Commander in Chief" is seen as AWOL on the major issues of our times among a large majority of American Adults when it comes to handling his job responsibilities (regardless of individual opinions of his personality or the "Russian Election" issue/impeachment)....

Bomster
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.13, S: -7.95

P P
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »

Here’s hoping the bottom falls out!!!
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2020, 01:25:11 AM »

Same here. 

Apparently Joe Biden is nothing more than an avatar for everything Republicans hate to be projected upon.

They might wish that’s the case, but unfortunately for them it seems he is in fact NOT the new Hillary, who was indeed exactly that. Teflon Joe has already survived all kinds of attempts to create a new scandal around him. You just know the Republicans are s—ting their pants because there is no “emails” or “Benghazi” equivalent for Biden. In fact their attempt to create one with Ukraine backfired horribly.

Between this and “Transition to Greatness,” I’m beginning to wonder if Trump has lost even the only two skills he ever had: Mudslinging and marketing.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2020, 03:19:54 AM »

Same here. 

They might wish that’s the case, but unfortunately for them it seems he is in fact NOT the new Hillary, who was indeed exactly that. Teflon Joe has already survived all kinds of attempts to create a new scandal around him. You just know the Republicans are s—ting their pants because there is no “emails” or “Benghazi” equivalent for Biden. In fact their attempt to create one with Ukraine backfired horribly.

Between this and “Transition to Greatness,” I’m beginning to wonder if Trump has lost even the only two skills he ever had: Mudslinging and marketing.

This was the catalyst that led to impeachment correct?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2020, 02:36:47 AM »

Same here. 

This was the catalyst that led to impeachment correct?

Yup.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2021, 10:21:16 PM »

Elliott Morris has suggested that there may be a partisan non-response effect occurring (i.e. Republicans are discouraged and less likely to answer polls), in which case this would likely be a temporary bump.  But it could also be the start of a real shift.

I know this is a massive bump, but I just want to point out how prophetic this post turned out to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies