CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:55:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%  (Read 15620 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2020, 11:25:34 AM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Whatever it takes to boot that man from the White House. 
and you call yourself a Republican? Please...

Its only a super recent thing that Republicans vote Republicans no matter what and Democrats vote Democratic no matter what.

Look at how elastic the map was from 1960-1980 and you would see that many Republicans and Democrats would vote the other party from time to time. Thats how it should be , politics ain't sports and we arent supposed to vote based on party here but based on the candidate themselves.
n1240

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2020, 11:42:35 AM »

This poll might have one of the biggest gender gaps I've seen, Trump+2 among men and Biden+27 among women.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2020, 11:45:36 AM »

A lot of polls like this lately, Biden's average lead is probably getting close to 8%
tagimaucia

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »

Not since Reagan in 1984 have we seen anyone get 55% of the popular vote for President.  The last time that a challenger got 55% of the vote against an incumbent President was 1932... when FDR trounced Hoover.

And without Anderson in 1980, Reagan probably clears 55% with room to spare.

Looks like the 40-year Presidential cycle theory is holding.

My 2020 prediction is that Stephen Skowronek is gonna get a flurry of press in a few months.  If these numbers hold up, its almost eerie how closely the 1980-2020 presidential sequence lines up with 1932-1980 in some ways.  Hard for me to conceive of Joe Biden as a reconstructive leader though.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2020, 11:53:21 AM »

Teflon Joe!

This is awesome!
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2020, 11:56:54 AM »

Trump has already been impeached and tried in the Senate, the collapse of the economy has come at the worst time for Trump. He cant run on being corrupt and have a 15 percent unemployment rate
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2020, 11:57:03 AM »

I wonder what SN will say about this one, in a few hrs, this is funny polls, that corrupt Trump is now down by 15

Really, this board needs to stop worrying about what SN thinks.  
Calm down the vast majority of the poll was conducted before the jobs number. June 2-5. Jobs number came out June 5th. We need to wait till Tuesday Wednesday to see the results. This poll was at the height of riots.

Also as others have pointed out the sample is not realistic. I predict we will many polls Biden +3 to +5 by the end of the week. The jobs number bump we have to wait till the middle of the week to see that.

Also no poll matters until Labor Day

I thought the riots were supposed to help Trump?

Way to move the goalposts.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2020, 12:02:44 PM »

You absolutely love to see it
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »

Obviously not good, but it’s June so who cares?

Interestingly, in most election years if you look back around this time of year, you start to see a clear picture of how the election will turn out. Even in 2016, if you looked at polls from June and July, you see Clinton leading by only 4-5 with a lot of undecideds. In 2004 Kerry got buried by Bush around this time with negative ads. Obama did the same to Romney in 2012. Trump on the other hand is gassing peaceful protesters.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2020, 12:16:01 PM »

Obviously not good, but it’s June so who cares?

Interestingly, in most election years if you look back around this time of year, you start to see a clear picture of how the election will turn out. Even in 2016, if you looked at polls from June and July, you see Clinton leading by only 4-5 with a lot of undecideds. In 2004 Kerry got buried by Bush around this time with negative ads. Obama did the same to Romney in 2012. Trump on the other hand is gassing peaceful protesters.

Even in a super Volatile polling year like 1980, June was basically when Reagan took the lead overall and never gave it up

Source: https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/debunking-a-myth-reagan-was-leading-carter-long-before-that-final-october-debate/
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2020, 12:19:32 PM »

Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2020, 12:44:31 PM »

All this time we thought he was a divisive figure, who knew he would turn out to be the great uniter. America is uniting against him!

Wonderful developments!
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2020, 01:24:05 PM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Yes, there are still a few Republicans left with integrity.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2020, 01:29:31 PM »

1980 redux, folks
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
« Edited: June 08, 2020, 07:58:15 PM by ProudModerate2 »

SN: Trump will surge next week, believe me. It's also a national poll, doesn't matter.

Anyway, Biden is not up this much, but Mr. Trump is in a horrible situation 5 months out.

Plenty of time to turn it around and again this poll is meaningless until we get full polls after June 5th. Like June 5th to June 7th. Biden won't win. Dems are getting complacent just like 2016 and the economy is turning around. Wait till people read there 401k statements today.

You mean those 401K statements which are going to show that hundreds-of-thousands of people forced to cash-out some (or all) of their retirement savings, just to stay above water with their mortgage/rent, food and other essentials? (And not to mention that tax penalty for early withdrawal, some of them are going to have to pay when they do their taxes next year.)
Yeah, those numbers on statements (and on their 1040) are going to make people really happy (about trump).
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2020, 02:01:54 PM »

Same here. 

Oof, integrity is a stretch. 

I just want Donald Trump out of the White House. 
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2020, 02:17:48 PM »

Same here. 

Oof, integrity is a stretch. 

I just want Donald Trump out of the White House. 

You're right.  That's just sanity. Wink
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2020, 04:39:46 PM »

Do you guys think Doug Jones could hold on in AL with Biden winning by double digits? I would love to see him become a deep southern Democratic institution long term.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2020, 04:51:06 PM »

Do you guys think Doug Jones could hold on in AL with Biden winning by double digits? I would love to see him become a deep southern Democratic institution long term.

No. Biden could win by 20% nationally and Jones would still likely lose.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2020, 05:03:54 PM »

Not to be pessimistic here but the same is way too democratic friendly.

32-25-44 D-R-I sample

Even if you go to the extreme of the margin of error Biden still leads 51-45.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2020, 05:09:13 PM »

Just wait til Trump goes nuclear on Biden

Tfw he orders an open-air nuclear test to boost his polling numbers.

I know this is tongue in cheek but a nuclear test would likely be against American law
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »

Not to be pessimistic here but the same is way too democratic friendly.

32-25-44 D-R-I sample

Even if you go to the extreme of the margin of error Biden still leads 51-45.

Yeah, that's still a winning margin for Biden.

This poll may very well be bullish for Biden but considering the trend of Biden polling against Trump in the high single digits to low teens, if this persists, the only hope for Republicans is that those people simply don't turn up and vote while their voters come out in droves, and honestly that still might not be enough and is just so unlikely anyway. Anti-Trump fervor is real, tangible, and possibly to a point now where Trump cannot overcome it...hopefully.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2020, 06:18:40 PM »

Same here. 

Its only a super recent thing that Republicans vote Republicans no matter what and Democrats vote Democratic no matter what.

Look at how elastic the map was from 1960-1980 and you would see that many Republicans and Democrats would vote the other party from time to time. Thats how it should be , politics ain't sports and we arent supposed to vote based on party here but based on the candidate themselves.
Democratic party is for defunding the police and late term abortion. This is not your grandfathers democratic party.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2020, 06:20:45 PM »

Same here. 

Democratic party is for defunding the police and late term abortion. This is not your grandfathers democratic party.

Voters just might not care as long as Trump is President and failing to handle major overlapping crises.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2020, 06:22:13 PM »

Same here. 

D
emocratic party is for defunding the police and late term abortion. This is not your grandfathers democratic party.
Nominee is against both of those things but go off
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies