CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:16:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: CNN/SSRS: Biden + 14%  (Read 15780 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2020, 09:15:13 AM »

SN: Trump will surge next week, believe me. It's also a national poll, doesn't matter.

Anyway, Biden is not up this much, but Mr. Trump is in a horrible situation 5 months out.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2020, 09:18:35 AM »

Needless to say this is probably an outlier, but Trump is in deep trouble right now.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2020, 09:18:45 AM »

SN: Trump will surge next week, believe me. It's also a national poll, doesn't matter.

Anyway, Biden is not up this much, but Mr. Trump is in a horrible situation 5 months out.
Plenty of time to turn it around and again this poll is meaningless until we get full polls after June 5th. Like June 5th to June 7th. Biden won't win. Dems are getting complacent just like 2016 and the economy is turning around. Wait till people read there 401k statements today.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2020, 09:20:03 AM »

Not since Reagan in 1984 have we seen anyone get 55% of the popular vote for President.  The last time that a challenger got 55% of the vote against an incumbent President was 1932... when FDR trounced Hoover.

And without Anderson in 1980, Reagan probably clears 55% with room to spare.

Looks like the 40-year Presidential cycle theory is holding.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2020, 09:21:08 AM »

Good poll for Trump
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2020, 09:21:31 AM »

Holy s—t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the polls today. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f—king f—k is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f—king breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Donald to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot f—king deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in Wisconsin?Huh This is so f—ked.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2020, 09:25:57 AM »

Also these movements to defund the police are going to hurt Biden. 90% of the country DOES NOT want that and it is insane position. This combined with the economy will give Trump a bump the next few weeks.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2020, 09:26:02 AM »

Holy s—t. My mom came into my room to bring me a plate of chicken nuggets and I literally screamed at her and hit the plate of chicken nuggets out of her hand. She started yelling and swearing at me and I slammed the door on her. I'm so distressed right now I don't know what to do. I didn't mean to do that to my mom but I'm literally in shock from the polls today. I feel like I'm going to explode. Why the f—king f—k is he losing? This can't be happening. I'm having a f—king breakdown. I don't want to believe the world is so corrupt. I want a future to believe in. I want Donald to be president and fix this broken country. I cannot f—king deal with this right now. It wasn't supposed to be like this, I thought he was polling well in Wisconsin?Huh This is so f—ked.

The Ron Paul nuggets copypasta will always be gold, but beware - the last time I posted it, it got deleted.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2020, 09:34:03 AM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Whatever it takes to boot that man from the White House. 
and you call yourself a Republican? Please...

SN, we've been over this...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2020, 09:37:36 AM »

If Democratic states trending further Democratic and urban and suburban areas in Republican states shift Democratic, then it is possible for this result to actually happen. This is really possible because college educated white voters trending Democratic. Biden could conceivably win 54-43 or somewhere in that neighborhood.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »

Is it time to bring back the...

SWEET SASSY MOLASSEY!?
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2020, 09:39:57 AM »

Anyone know what Clinton's biggest lead in 2016 was?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2020, 09:47:44 AM »

Plenty of time to turn it around and again this poll is meaningless until we get full polls after June 5th. Like June 5th to June 7th. Biden won't win. Dems are getting complacent just like 2016 and the economy is turning around. Wait till people read there 401k statements today.

Yet businesses and schools for their kids are still closed. We have another poll that shows Biden ahead by 12, it's hard for you to believe Trump will be defeated.  Its over and Trump, 413 to 125 for Biden
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »

Anyone know what Clinton's biggest lead in 2016 was?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2016_United_States_presidential_election

There was a poll each in July, August, and October that showed her 15 points ahead.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2020, 09:50:24 AM »

I mean even someone like me is leaning towards voting for Biden in the general election at this point (rather than Green or whatever) so that should tell you something. It has nothing to do with Biden and everything to do with Trump.

Same here. 

Whatever it takes to boot that man from the White House. 
and you call yourself a Republican? Please...

SN, we've been over this...

There's an old saying that you should never try to teach a pig to sing.  All it does is waste your time and annoy the pig.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2020, 09:53:58 AM »

You're making the same mistake a lot of Dems made in 2016: Assuming, this election is just like the last. No, it isn't. 2016 wasn't 2012 and 2020 is not 2016. Just because Mr. Trump slightly overperformed polls in 2016 in the right places doesn't mean he pulls this trick again. Especially if he's doing this poorly. Let me also point out Biden is frequently polling over 50% (nation and statewide), something HRC barely did. Trump is even losing his internal polling. You can't discount all the polls across the board. And not just national polls. When was the last time he led in AZ? Let alone PA or MI. He's even tied in TX.

And what economic recovery are we talking here? A tiny fraction of the lost jobs came back. Good, but doesn't change the unemployment rate will stay high until election day. While Trump is not responsible for the pandemic itsself, he bears a main responsibility for the situation we're in because he downplayed the danger for too long. Anybody not a Trump hack knows that. And friendly reminder: Many anti-Trump voters don't decide based on the economy. If this was the case, 2018 wouldn't have been as bad for the GOP as it turned out. People voted because they wanted to make statement against Trump. Did he change since then? Nah. At least not for the better. He's got more problems than in 2018.

For sure, Trump could do things to improve his disastrous standing. But Trump is Trump. He will never try to reach out beyond his base. He's neither interested nor capable. He believes his 2016 victory is proof how he doesn't need to listen to anybody. But things have changed since then.

Even if this poll is an outlier, which I believe it is, look at any other. Obama in '12 or Bush in '04 never had such a horrible standing. If that was the case, they would have been declared DOA.
redjohn

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2020, 09:54:09 AM »

Don't get complacent, people. It's a good poll, but treat this race as a 50-50 tossup.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »

Don't get complacent, people. It's a good poll, but treat this race as a 50-50 tossup.

I’m sure people tuned into politics enough to be posting on a board of 300 (at most) active users are going to get complacent over a single poll. 🙄
n1240

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2020, 10:48:56 AM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2020, 10:56:12 AM »

THESE NUMBERS (THAT ARE SHOWN TO ME, ANYWAY) ARE INCREDIBLE, @n1240!
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2020, 10:58:52 AM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »

Maybe the floor is finally falling out from under Trump?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2020, 11:12:27 AM »

Yet again, Trump doesnt believe he has been impeached and corrupted and has 3 lawyers imprisoned due to tampering with 2016 election with Kremlin
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »

Nyvin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »

So a 9% improvement for Biden's margin with the exact same Party ID numbers.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies