MI-EPIC/MRA: Peters with an EPIC 15 point lead over John James (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:33:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Senate & House Election Polls
  MI-EPIC/MRA: Peters with an EPIC 15 point lead over John James (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI-EPIC/MRA: Peters with an EPIC 15 point lead over John James  (Read 1305 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: June 07, 2020, 08:07:02 AM »
« edited: June 07, 2020, 08:10:24 AM by Everything Was Forever, Until It Was No More »

I am beginning to think that even if Trump's reputation with being "a money guy" ends up saving him, enough people are now totally on board with Congress needing to be a " check" on his power. This was his best chance at gaining in the senate and I think polls like these are enough to foreclose on that opportunity outside of Alabama.

At this point, it would take a small landslide for him to gain here and not lose anywhere else and a close but convincing election would only be enough to tie or lose one seat. Any loss but a questionable one by Trump at this point probably narrowly ends Republican rule in the senate. 

In reality, any Democratic wave could start on a need to restrain Trump's power even before Trump's fate is sealed. Without that, no matter how statistically possible and situationally logical it looks, no one is going to narrowly elect Biden president when he is already a lame duck on day 1. You could say "sure they can. Look at HW." But HW was really running as a continuation of the Reagan WH. Biden is no more running as Obama's third term as Nixon was Eisenhower's in 1968.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 08:27:20 PM »

JoHn jAmeS iS A gOoD cAnDiDate.

I am beginning to think that even if Trump's reputation with being "a money guy" ends up saving him, enough people are now totally on board with Congress needing to be a " check" on his power. This was his best chance at gaining in the senate and I think polls like these are enough to foreclose on that opportunity outside of Alabama.

Who the hell still thinks Trump is “a money guy?” I hope this has been enough to ensure this country never again elects someone on the premise that “good with business = good president.” And Trump is a terrible businessman anyway.

I disagree with your premise anyway that people will sooner vote for a Democratic senate candidate in backlash to Trump than they will vote directly against him.

Thats where Trump gets his best marks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies