2022: Ivanka for Congress, Don Jr for Governor?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:39:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election Predictions (Moderator: muon2)
  2022: Ivanka for Congress, Don Jr for Governor?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022: Ivanka for Congress, Don Jr for Governor?  (Read 905 times)
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 08, 2020, 08:31:59 AM »

Regardless of how the 2020 election turns out, Ivanka Trump has stated that she isn't sure she will return to the White House with the standard political excuse of considering her family. (https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/30/ivanka-trump-may-not-return-to-the-white-house-if-trump-wins-in-2020.html)What is clear is her political ambitions remain. While Kushner has managed to move past his prior image with some genuine diplomatic successes, Ivanka remains having been pretty unimpressive in her status as Advisor to the President. Childcare and paid leave, her pet project, are nowhere to be seen. So where does she go from here?

This other article (https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/what-will-ivanka-trump-do-after-she-leaves-the-white-house.html) says she likely won't return to New York either way and more likely she goes to Florida like her father. Mar-a-Lago is in Palm Beach County where Trump is registered as his residence. Perhaps she will reside there? Brian Mast has a district in Palm Beach but redistricting is coming up. Could Ivanka get her father to flex his political muscles and get a seat drawn for her? After all, it's not like there's any other real options for advancement if she does move to Florida.

Similarly, we also have Don Jr who is the more movement conservative political figure among the two. He loves campaigning, fell in love with Montana during 2018, and supposedly seriously considered running for Governor of New York in 2018. I think he's getting a little more politically knowledgable and figures within the GOP like him. Running for Governor of NY is madness, but running for a red state is not, especially with his name recognition. Where could he run? Montana isn't up. Is there another state that he has some relation to that he could parachute in for a run?

So yeah, this is for mindless speculation I guess but please base it on what's realistic and plausible. I don't think the Trump family is out of politics though.
One Term Floridian
swamiG

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: 3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »

I think after 2020, the GOP just might sour on the Trumps so I'd bet the Trump family has zilch of a political future after November.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies