FT 16.04 - Educational Licensing Reform Act (DEBATING)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:30:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  FT 16.04 - Educational Licensing Reform Act (DEBATING)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FT 16.04 - Educational Licensing Reform Act (DEBATING)  (Read 339 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 02, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2020, 09:17:36 PM by Frémont Speaker Oregon Blue Dog »

AN ACT
to establish uniform standards for educational licensing

Section 1 (Title & definition)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Educational Licensing Reform Act." It may be cited as "ELRA."
ii. As they appear in this legislation, "elementary" refers to grades fifth and below, "middle" refers to grades sixth through eighth inclusive, and "high" refers to grades ninth through twelfth inclusive.

Section 2 (Educational licensing)
i. The Ministry of Education shall license applicants to teach in Frémont public schools, according to the provisions set forth herein.
ii. Licenses shall be issued upon successful completion of the licensure exam and a criminal background check, and reissued upon satisfactory completion of a performance review every third year for the first fifteen years of their licensure, and every fifth year thereafter.
iii. Five classes of licenses shall be issued.
(a) The first three classes shall authorize the bearer to teach respectively, elementary, middle, and high school grades.
(b) The fourth class shall authorize the bearer to work in special education.
(c) The fifth class shall authorize the bearer to work as a substitute teacher.

Section 3 (Prerequisites)
i. The following shall be prerequisite to sit the licensure exam.
(a) For applicants to the first class, a bachelor's degree or higher in elementary education, OR three years' relevant work experience in elementary education or a similar field.
(b) For applicants to the second and third classes, a bachelor's degree or higher, OR three years' relevant work experience in the subject for which the applicant has requested licensure.
(c) For applicants to the fourth class, a bachelor's degree or higher in special education, OR five years' relevant work experience working with mentally disabled individuals.
(d) For applicants to the fifth class, sixty credit hours towards a bachelor's degree, OR three years' relevant work experience in an educational setting.

Section 3 (Licensure exam)
i. A special committee of the Ministry of Education shall be responsible for revising the licensure exam.
ii. The committee shall be composed of five licensed educators currently or within the last three years employed to teach at a public school in Frémont, nominated by the governors of the several states and appointed by the first minister of Frémont.
iii. No applicant shall be licensed, who did not score 88% or higher on the licensure exam. No applicant may sit the exam for a particular class more than once in an academic year, nor more than thrice in a five-year period.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the 2021–22 academic year.
Sponsor: Harry S. Truman (Fianna Fremont-Labor, North Dakota)

Fire away.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:45:02 PM »

Lovely! It is really quite straight-forward. This bill would establish a uniform system for educational licensing in Frémont, while also opening up the system to applicants with relevant qualifying experience outside of a traditional four-year degree program. Any thoughts?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 09:20:36 PM »

Sounds good. I'd be happy to vote for passage.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 09:46:28 PM »

I do have one question -- are B.A. programs in Special Education common enough in undergrad institutions to be widely accessible? I would encourage the sponsor to broaden that provision's requirements to include Education B.A. holders who minored in special ed. Unless, of course, he has some reason for not doing this which I haven't thought of (likely Tongue).

That isn't a dealbreaker, and I would happily vote for the bill as it stands.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2020, 10:21:07 PM »

I do have one question -- are B.A. programs in Special Education common enough in undergrad institutions to be widely accessible? I would encourage the sponsor to broaden that provision's requirements to include Education B.A. holders who minored in special ed.
Good point.

Quote from: Amendment offered
(c) For applicants to the fourth class, a bachelor's degree or higher in special education, OR a bachelor's degree in education with a minor in special education, OR five years' relevant work experience working with mentally disabled individuals.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 02:30:41 PM »

Ack! Sorry, forgot about this.

The amendment passes.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2020, 07:37:41 PM »

I move for a vote.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 12:04:23 AM »

Seconded. Vote opened.

Aye.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 12:04:41 AM »

Aye!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2020, 12:06:35 AM »

Aye.
Tirnam
France

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.35

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2020, 10:51:39 AM »

Aye
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 12:04:06 PM »

Educational Licensing Reform Act
Frémont Parliament Bill 16.04 - Sponsored by Harry S. Truman, FM

LABINDTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

FFFGMLSFTOTAL
Aye
Nay
Abstain
Not Present

First Minister HARRY S TRUMAN of North Dakota (LAB/FF)
Mr. AUSTRALIANSWINGVOTER of Washington (IND/ML)
Mr. TIRNAM of California (LAB/FF)
Mr. TED BESSELL of California (LAB/FG)
Mr. OREGON BLUE DOG of Oregon (LAB/SF)

Okay, so ASV is still on LOA so I'm gonna close the vote now. ASV, if you want to input a symbolic vote, go ahead - it won't change the outcome.
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 01:19:58 PM »

AN ACT
to establish uniform standards for educational licensing

Section 1 (Title & definition)
i. The title of this act shall be, the "Educational Licensing Reform Act." It may be cited as "ELRA."
ii. As they appear in this legislation, "elementary" refers to grades fifth and below, "middle" refers to grades sixth through eighth inclusive, and "high" refers to grades ninth through twelfth inclusive.

Section 2 (Educational licensing)
i. The Ministry of Education shall license applicants to teach in Frémont public schools, according to the provisions set forth herein.
ii. Licenses shall be issued upon successful completion of the licensure exam and a criminal background check, and reissued upon satisfactory completion of a performance review every third year for the first fifteen years of their licensure, and every fifth year thereafter.
iii. Five classes of licenses shall be issued.
(a) The first three classes shall authorize the bearer to teach respectively, elementary, middle, and high school grades.
(b) The fourth class shall authorize the bearer to work in special education.
(c) The fifth class shall authorize the bearer to work as a substitute teacher.

Section 3 (Prerequisites)
i. The following shall be prerequisite to sit the licensure exam.
(a) For applicants to the first class, a bachelor's degree or higher in elementary education, OR three years' relevant work experience in elementary education or a similar field.
(b) For applicants to the second and third classes, a bachelor's degree or higher, OR three years' relevant work experience in the subject for which the applicant has requested licensure.
(c) For applicants to the fourth class, a bachelor's degree or higher in special education, OR a bachelor's degree in education with a minor in special education, OR five years' relevant work experience working with mentally disabled individuals.
(d) For applicants to the fifth class, sixty credit hours towards a bachelor's degree, OR three years' relevant work experience in an educational setting.

Section 3 (Licensure exam)
i. A special committee of the Ministry of Education shall be responsible for revising the licensure exam.
ii. The committee shall be composed of five licensed educators currently or within the last three years employed to teach at a public school in Frémont, nominated by the governors of the several states and appointed by the first minister of Frémont.
iii. No applicant shall be licensed, who did not score 88% or higher on the licensure exam. No applicant may sit the exam for a particular class more than once in an academic year, nor more than thrice in a five-year period.

Section 4 (Implementation)
i. This legislation shall take effect with the 2021–22 academic year.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2020, 08:03:02 PM »

Aye ftr
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies