Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:02:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17326 times)
zoz
Rookie

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 26, 2020, 03:43:46 PM »
« edited: July 26, 2020, 03:49:41 PM by zoz »

RON PAUL AD "FRIENDS"

"Donald Trump has long been friendly to the liberal political establishment."

"He has supported their causes and campaigns, including Hillary Clinton."

"In fact, Clinton had this to say just recently:"

"I would like to thank him (Trump) right now for donating to my 2000 Senate campaign and 2006 re-election campaign, it was much appreciated." (NBC News)

"We can't trust Donald trump to hold the line against his own liberal friends. Only Ron Paul can do that, because he already has."

Approved by the Paul for President Campaign.

This ad will be aired in select media markets in several battleground states. The Paul campaign wants voters to know the truth about Trump's past, and make it clear that he is just another player in the Clinton machine.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #401 on: July 26, 2020, 04:49:03 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Super Tuesday Schedule

January 30 - January 31st: Illinois

Fly to Chicago
Rally in Chicago with Senator Dick Durbin

“I’ve spent a large part of my time in Congress working on passing comprehensive immigration reform, but partisanship has long stood in the way. With this election, we have a chance to nominate a leader who will bring us out of this era of hyperpartisanship, and into one of building bridges with the other side. Kathleen Sebelius is the kind of outside leadership Washington needs. She’s going up against the status quo to create a better future, a more accountable government, and a common-sense approach to the issues facing our country. I’ll level with you, I’m worried. November is shaping up to be tough, and we have Ron Paul on one side and Donald Trump on the other, while we Democrats are hand-wringing over whether to vote for the familiar name or take a chance on the outsider, these two are left free to run on change. Let me tell you, if Democrats vote to continue the status quo, we will lose in November and any progress we’ve made will be overturned. We have to work together to nominate Kathleen, and work together to elect her in November!”

Rally in Peoria
Rally in Springfield on renegotiating NAFTA

“You know we have real grassroots support when Hillary Clinton is saying we have to negotiate NAFTA. That’s how you know we’ve got something here. But, we’re up against some powerful interests who want to keep the status quo intact. I don’t think the status quo is an option for many Americans, I don’t believe Democrats can rest on our past accomplishments, we have to offer real solutions and plans for the American people. It’s why I’ve released my policy plans online, and why I’ve joined Americans for townhalls around the country because the American people deserve to be heard by their President. When I talk to people, I don’t hear about the wedge issues partisans in Washington talk about, I hear about how people are worried about their job security, about how to pay for their kids to go to college, and a pervasive feeling that Washington politicians don’t care about people like them. Many of these people need change, and if we decide to offer them the same old talking points, they’ll find their change elsewhere. As your nominee, I will offer the kind of change America needs, not more of the same.”

February 1st: Missouri

Cross over into Missouri
Joint rally with Governor Claire McCaskill in St. Louis

“I’m so happy to be introducing my friend, the next President of the United States, Kathleen Sebelius! Kathleen has run one hell of a campaign if you ask me. She shocked the Washington establishment by winning Iowa and has kept every state competitive, even ones that commentators didn’t believe she had a chance in. She’s done all of this without the machine of support that Senator Clinton has behind her. Kathleen needs our help on Super Tuesday, Missouri needs to send a message to Washington that we have our candidate, someone who cares about the issues impacting all of us. A candidate who is committed to keeping abortion safe, legal, and rare, a candidate who respects responsible gun owners rather than laughing at their concerns. Kathleen has run a carbon neutral campaign and knows how to work with elected officials and business leaders to create good-paying green jobs without raising energy prices on hard-working American families.”

Townhall in St. Louis suburbs with educators

February 2-4th: California

Fly to San Francisco
Rally in San Francisco with Mayor Gavin Newsom

“When my friend Barbara Lee dropped out, I knew I had to follow her lead in endorsing Kathleen for President. Kathleen has fought for individual rights her entire time in public office, whether it’s when she stood up to insurance companies as Insurance Commissioner of Kansas or pushed for anti-discrimination laws as Governor, she is on the side of Americans, not special interests. Right now, America needs a President who will do that as well, so please don’t forget to vote for Kathleen on Super Tuesday!

Joint rally in Oakland with Representative Barbara Lee
Speak with students at the University of Berkeley
Joint rally in Sacramento with Senator Barbara Boxer
Townhall in Roseville

February 5th: Kansas

GOTV in Topeka
Participate in Caucus

GOTV Strategy:

The Sebelius Campaign knows how much is at risk on the so-called “Super-Duper Tuesday,” with around half of the delegates being decided after today. Her campaign and surrogates will coordinate hoping to re-take the delegate lead by winning caucuses everywhere, the Midwest primaries, and holding the Clinton margins close in the Southwest and Northeast, even banking on some surprise victories there.

California: The largest contest will be decided today, and the Sebelius campaign believes they can win the state due to her plans for education, generally progressive social views, and outsider status. Representative Barbara Lee is directly involved in the GOTV efforts in the state, helping Sebelius build upon her own base of support with African-Americans, liberals, and college students in the state. Barbara Lee will run GOTV operations out of Oakland, also holding events in Berkeley. Senator Barbara Boxer will join the effort to nominate Sebelius in the Bay Area, holding events in Northern California highlighting Sebelius’s green campaign, proven leadership, and platform of change. On primary day, the Senator will join Mayor Gavin Newsom in GOTV in San Francisco, hoping to run up the score in the city. Finally, Representative Xavier Becerra will lead the GOTV in Los Angeles, being the most prominent Sebelius surrogate in Southern California. He will work to turn out his base of support, reaching out to voters who usually don’t turn out in primaries.

Arizona: Governor Janet Napolitano was one of the first prominent endorsers of Sebelius’s campaign, and has worked to run the Arizona arm of her campaign. The Governor will work to rebuild her coalition in the state of suburban voters, Native Americans, and Hispanic voters. She will highlight Sebelius’s commitment to keeping the government out of the Second Amendment and a woman’s right to choose, but also her plan for greater accountability. On Super Tuesday, she will vote in Phoenix and work with volunteers there to maximize turnout in the city.

Nex Mexico: Governor Bill Richardson will also work to increase turnout in his state, hoping the Southwest alongside the Midwest will turn the tide of the primary. With events in Santa Fe and Albuquerque, the Governor will highlight Sebelius’s support of the second amendment, as even Democrats in New Mexico are opposed to laws restricting it. The Governor hopes to boost turnout among Hispanic voters and college students throughout the state.

Massachusetts: This is the state in New England where the Sebelius campaign believes an upset is most likely, with both Governor Deval Patrick and Senator John Kerry having endorsed Sebelius. Senator John Kerry will hold townhalls and rallies across the Western half of the state, with marquee events in Pittsfield, Springfield, and Worcester. Governor Deval Patrick will primarily work in Boston, holding several rallies in support of Sebelius on education and a balanced budget.

Georgia: While not expecting to win the state, the Sebelius campaign believes they can keep the margin closer than expected. Representative John Lewis will GOTV in Atlanta, highlighting Sebelius’s bipartisan support and moderate record. Lewis will coordinate with the NAACP to boost turnout in the state, hoping to increase Sebelius’s margins. Representative Sanford Bishop will campaign throughout his district, focusing most of his efforts in rural areas where he will highlight her plan for increased infrastructure spending for rural America.

Finally, Governors Bill Ritter, Brad Henry, and Phil Bredesen, alongside Senator Chris Dodd will campaign in their home states on Sebelius’s behalf. These surrogates will be focusing on the Governor’s plan to tackle special interests in Washington, alongside her calls for campaign finance reform.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #402 on: July 26, 2020, 06:30:28 PM »

Election Update 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight marked by the final leadup to the critical Super Tuesday primaries, when a massive percentage of delegates will be allocated.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Senator Barack Obama from Illinois, a key Clinton surrogate and, many believe, a major contender for the Democratic vice presidential nomination. Senator, how are you tonight?

Obama: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, let's start with the question on everyone's mind. In a recent interview, Senator Clinton referred to you as having “the potential to be Vice President.” Do you believe this means she is currently considering you for the role?

Obama: I'd certainly like to believe that both Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius are considering me for the role of Vice President. The Democratic Party's base is Women and African-Americans and a ticket of Clinton and myself, or Sebelius and myself would be very strong in reassuring that base, many of whom I know were disappointed with the exits of myself and Representative Lee.

Brokaw: A pair of strong firsts on the ticket this year. Now then, if the Democrats do win a fifth consecutive term in the White House, you will also need to win back the House, a chamber Republicans have held since 2003, in order to pass the new President’s desired legislation. How do you intend to accomplish this?

Obama: We have plenty of excellent recruits running in Republican held districts across the country, some of which are districts that Democrats haven't held in decades. My PAC has been assisting each and every one of these candidates, and I've had veterans of my 2004 Senate campaign team, some of whom assisted me in my Presidential campaign, go across the country to help in the effort to flip the House.

Brokaw: A clear plan to make a necessary gain. Now then, many have complained that Donald Trump is, intentionally or unintentionally, stoking racism for his own political gain. As a prominent African-American, would you say that you’ve seen an uptick in racism since Trump launched his campaign?

Obama: Yes, I have. Just before the Florida Primary, I was campaigning for Senator Clinton in Tampa, when a police officer pulled my vehicle over and threatened and called me by several racial slurs that I will not refer to in this interview. The same thing happened before the South Carolina Primary as well. I was doing a phonebank in Charleston, and several people called me unprintable racial slurs, and they used very demeaning sexual terminology to refer to both Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius. Mr. Trump's campaign has brought out the worst in the American people to this point, and if he wins in November, I fear for our country, and minority groups in our country's safety.

Brokaw: A deeply concerning series of events, absolutely no doubt about it. Finally, Senator, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Obama: Whether our nominee is Senator Clinton or Governor Sebelius is not relevant. What is relevant is that you support the nominee. Ron Paul, the Republican nominee, is out of step with his entire party, and Donald Trump, is running the most openly racist campaign for President since George Wallace ran for President. Both Clinton and Sebelius are far better choices, and the American people would be blessed to have either one of them. Of course, I would prefer Senator Clinton...but if we got Governor Sebelius, I think America would be just fine.

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Senator.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Sunday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #403 on: July 28, 2020, 05:12:16 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Super Tuesday edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the nation, and we can already make some calls. First, an unsurprising call, but an important one.

RON PAULL WILL BE THE REPUBLICAN NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES

Brokaw: This was already presumed since Congresswoman Hart dropped out early last month, but it is now official. Meanwhile, the Democratic race is promising to be more of a fight overall; we have a projection from American Samoa and the first results from Georgia at this time.

American Samoa
Kathleen Sebelius - 54.6%, 2 delegates

Hillary Clinton - 44.0%, 1 delegate

Georgia - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 59.1%
Kathleen Sebelius - 40.7%

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with a sizable early lead in Georgia, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #404 on: July 28, 2020, 05:16:41 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Super Tuesday edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the nation, and we can make another call.

Georgia - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 59.4%

Kathleen Sebelius - 40.4%

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton victorious in a state where Governor Sebelius said she'd hoped to compete, but the night is still young, and this may be more indicative of how the South goes than how the night goes. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #405 on: July 28, 2020, 05:28:02 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the nation, and we can make another call.

Oklahoma - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 66.8%

Hillary Clinton - 32.8%

Brokaw: As well, we are getting more results in from other states.

Alabama - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 60.7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 38.9%

Connecticut - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 51.7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 48.0%

Delaware - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 59.1%
Kathleen Sebelius - 40.3%

Illinois - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 51.6%
Kathleen Sebelius - 48.0%

Massachusetts - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.6%
Kathleen Sebelius - 49.2%

Missouri - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 61.0%
Hillary Clinton - 38.4%

New Jersey - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 60.7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 38.8%

Tennessee - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 56.7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 43.0%

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton doing very well in the early returns, but the night is still young, several key states are close, and Governor Sebelius is expected to do better as we head out west, as indicated by her massive margin in Oklahoma. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #406 on: July 28, 2020, 05:36:01 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the nation, and we can make more calls.

Alabama - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 61.1%

Kathleen Sebelius - 38.5%

Arkansas - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 69.9%

Kathleen Sebelius - 29.8%

Delaware - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 58.8%

Kathleen Sebelius - 40.6%

Missouri - 25% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 60.3%

Hillary Clinton - 39.1%

New Jersey - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 61.3%

Kathleen Sebelius - 38.2%

Connecticut - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 52.0%
Kathleen Sebelius - 47.7%

Illinois - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 51.3%
Kathleen Sebelius - 48.3%

Massachusetts - 25% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 50.1%
Hillary Clinton - 49.7%

Tennessee - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 56.3%
Kathleen Sebelius - 43.4%

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton scoring four wins to Governor Sebelius's one, but the night is still young, several key states are close, and Governor Sebelius is expected to do better as we head out west, as indicated by her massive margin in Oklahoma and her sizable one in Missouri. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #407 on: July 28, 2020, 05:47:52 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the nation, and we can make more calls.

Colorado - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 64.6%

Hillary Clinton - 34.7%

Kansas - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 77.9%

Hillary Clinton - 20.7%

New Mexico - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 65.0%

Hillary Clinton - 34.5%

New York - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 79.7%

Kathleen Sebelius - 19.8%

North Dakota - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 62.5%

Hillary Clinton - 36.5%

Arizona - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 57.3%
Hillary Clinton - 42.4%

Connecticut - 50% in
Hillary Clinton - 52.5%
Kathleen Sebelius - 47.2%

Illinois - 50% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.9%
Kathleen Sebelius - 48.7%

Massachusetts - 50% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 50.6%
Hillary Clinton - 49.2%

Minnesota - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 56.1%
Hillary Clinton - 43.4%

Tennessee - 50% in
Hillary Clinton - 55.9%
Kathleen Sebelius - 43.8%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius flipping the script on what happened just thirty minutes ago, winning four states to Clinton's one, as was expected once the Plains started coming in. Clinton with a big win in her home state, however, which may well decide the outcome in an otherwise very close night. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #408 on: July 28, 2020, 05:53:03 PM »

Election Results 2008

Connecticut - 75% in
Hillary Clinton - 52.4%

Kathleen Sebelius - 47.3%

Tennessee - 75% in
Hillary Clinton - 55.8%

Kathleen Sebelius - 43.9%

Arizona - 25% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 56.8%
Hillary Clinton - 42.9%

Illinois - 75% in
Hillary Clinton - 51.1%
Kathleen Sebelius - 48.5%

Massachusetts - 75% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 51.2%
Hillary Clinton - 48.6%

Minnesota - 25% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 56.8%
Hillary Clinton - 42.7%

Brokaw: Senator Clinton scoring two more wins in Connecticut and Tennessee. Sebelius, meanwhile, leads in three of the four states which are currently too close to call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #409 on: July 28, 2020, 06:14:08 PM »

Election Results 2008

Arizona - 50% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 57.4%

Hillary Clinton - 42.3%

Illinois - 100% in
Hillary Clinton - 51.0%

Kathleen Sebelius - 48.6%

Massachusetts - 100% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 50.8%

Hillary Clinton - 49.0%

Minnesota - 50% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 55.7%

Hillary Clinton - 43.8%

Utah - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 60.5%

Hillary Clinton - 39.0%

Brokaw: And that is all the states which have polls closed as of right now. We will have more results for you at 11:00 Eastern time, when California and Idaho close.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #410 on: July 28, 2020, 06:28:11 PM »

Election Results 2008

Idaho - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 60.9%

Hillary Clinton - 38.6%

Brokaw: As well, we now have the first results in from California, the largest prize tonight.

California - 1% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.7%
Kathleen Sebelius - 49.0%

Brokaw: And that is all we have to bring you right. We will have more results in from California after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #411 on: July 28, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results coming in from California, the largest prize tonight, but we cannot yet make a call there.

California - 25% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.3%
Kathleen Sebelius - 49.4%

Brokaw: And that is all we have to bring you right now. We will have more results in from California after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #412 on: July 28, 2020, 06:42:35 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results coming in from California, the largest prize tonight, but we cannot yet make a call there.

California - 50% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 50.1%
Hillary Clinton - 49.6%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius taking a slight lead now. We will have more results in from California after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #413 on: July 28, 2020, 06:45:31 PM »

Election Results 2008

California - 75% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.2%
Kathleen Sebelius - 49.5%

Brokaw: Hillary Clinton retaking a slight lead now. We will have more results in from California, as well as the first from Alaska, after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2020, 06:49:54 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results coming in from California and Alaska, and we can make the final two calls of the night.

California - 100% in
Hillary Clinton - 50.2%

Kathleen Sebelius - 49.5%

Alaska - 1% in
Kathleen Sebelius - 60.7%

Hillary Clinton - 38.9%

Brokaw: And that will be it for tonight. Delegate totals will be up shortly; thank you so much for tuning in, and good night.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2020, 06:59:44 PM »

Delegate Totals

Alabama
Hillary Clinton - 38
Kathleen Sebelius - 14

Alaska
Kathleen Sebelius - 9
Hillary Clinton - 4

American Samoa
Kathleen Sebelius - 2
Hillary Clinton - 1

Arizona
Kathleen Sebelius - 39
Hillary Clinton - 17

Arkansas
Hillary Clinton - 28
Kathleen Sebelius - 7

California
Hillary Clinton - 194
Kathleen Sebelius - 176

Colorado
Kathleen Sebelius - 42
Hillary Clinton - 13

Connecticut
Hillary Clinton - 29
Kathleen Sebelius - 19

Delaware
Hillary Clinton - 10
Kathleen Sebelius - 5

Georgia
Hillary Clinton - 55
Kathleen Sebelius - 32

Idaho
Kathleen Sebelius - 14
Hillary Clinton - 4

Illinois
Hillary Clinton - 85
Kathleen Sebelius - 68

Kansas
Kathleen Sebelius - 29
Hillary Clinton - 3

Massachusetts
Kathleen Sebelius - 50
Hillary Clinton - 43

Minnesota
Kathleen Sebelius - 49
Hillary Clinton - 23

Missouri
Kathleen Sebelius - 51
Hillary Clinton - 21

New Jersey
Hillary Clinton - 72
Kathleen Sebelius - 35

New Mexico
Kathleen Sebelius - 19
Hillary Clinton - 7

New York
Hillary Clinton - 202
Kathleen Sebelius - 30

North Dakota
Kathleen Sebelius - 9
Hillary Clinton - 4

Oklahoma
Kathleen Sebelius - 30
Hillary Clinton - 8

Tennessee
Hillary Clinton - 42
Kathleen Sebelius - 21

Utah
Kathleen Sebelius - 16
Hillary Clinton - 7

Super Tuesday
Hillary Clinton - 910
Kathleen Sebelius - 766

Overall
Hillary Clinton - 1147
Kathleen Sebelius - 979
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2020, 07:13:38 PM »

PHASE III, TURN VIII: DELEGATES FOR YOUR VALENTINE

And so the dust settles on a hard-fought Super Tuesday. Clinton has managed to extend her delegate edge, but Sebelius backers note that her win in New York gave her a margin of 172 delegates, to 144 on the night and 168 overall. As such, many believe this race will continue into February, leading many to wonder what will happen next in this hotly contested race.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul now finds himself the nominee of two parties, with the Republicans now officially set to make him their nominee come September. As such, his campaign seems to be focusing on fending off Donald Trump, whom many Republicans believe is the only thing preventing him from sweeping to victory against either of the Democratic contenders.

Meanwhile, Trump's campaign faces its first test of viability in aiding its allies downballot (as Lauzen ran unopposed in his primary, the race was not considered a test of itself): the Wisconsin Senate election is only two weeks away. Currently, the polls suggest a neck-and-neck race, as both Paul and Trump have campaigned for Republican nominee Scott Walker against Democrat Tammy Baldwin, while both Clinton and Sebelius have been busy battling for the nomination. As well, many believe the openly lesbian Baldwin is a weak candidate, leaving the usually blue-leaning state competitive. How will Trump ensure Walker's victory?

This turn will be due on August 3 IRL, and will go through February 12th in-game.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2020, 08:07:50 PM »

REPUBLICAN NOMINEE RON PAUL SPEAKS AFTER SUPER TUESDAY RESULTS

Following his achieving the necessary delegates to secure the nomination, Republican candidate Ron Paul spoke to a large crowd in Los Angeles, California. He focused on the theme of party unity, an appropriate message for the occasion:

"Thank you, thank you! Settle down now! Alright folks, we have some big news. Tonight, thanks to millions of voters, thousands of volunteers, and the hard work of so many people, I have the distinct honor of coming before you, for the first time, as the Republican Party's Nominee for President of the United States of America!"

"In this moment we can certainly get caught up in the excitement and significance of it all, but let's remember who brought the campaign here: You guys. Your dedication, your passion, and your desire to change the way we conduct politics ignited a fire that has swept this nation, bringing so many people together behind our banner. I can't put into words how much I am thankful for y'all, but believe me when I say I really mean it. Thank you so much."

"Now, tonight isn't the end, but rather the beginning. We can all take a little breather tonight, but tomorrow we are going to get up and work as hard as ever for this Grand Old Party of ours. We have a Senate election coming up, the polls are as tight as ever, and we have a splinter candidate attempting to steal this election for the Democrats. I've been called a false Republican, a nut, and a radical right winger, even by some in our party. But I promise you, no matter who says what about me, I will continue fighting for our party, our principles, and our candidates, and I want you all to help me. We can make this the best year for the party and the conservative movement as a whole in quite a while, and I intend to make the most of it."

"So California, as I finish tonight, I want to remind you of why we are waging this battle. Lincoln said it best all those years ago: "that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth." Thank you all, have a good night, and God Bless America! Let's get to work! Thank you!"

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #418 on: July 29, 2020, 12:10:27 AM »

Clinton address supporters in Manhattan

Hello! Thank you all so much! Alright! Alright! What a wonderful crowd we have here in New York City!

Well, I can say tonight we had a very Super Tuesday, people from all over this country voted to make their voices heard, and they spoke loud and clear to voice their support for our campaign, people from the great states of Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, New Jersey, Tennessee, and the great state of New York! They have made their voices clear, they want a President who is ready on day one and thanks to you, victory is in sight!

Together we can build an America that works for the many not the few, an America that is for the people and by the people, we need a candidate on that debate stage with Ron Paul and Donald Trump ready to tackle these issues I have proven I am ready to fight, but we can't win this nomination by ourselves, we need the support of average American's like you. So please go to 'HillaryClinton.com" and make a donation, even $5 helps us keep the momentum up and push our cause forward because together we will win this nomination and keep a Democrat in the White House!

Now is not the time to dig into fear and division, we must prove that love trumps hate and we will not cave to anger and bitterness, that is not what America is, we are built on our common goals and our vision. Now we must prove stronger than ever that we can win an election based on hope and greatness, not fear and division and that is the campaign I intend to run and that is the campaign I have been running! So please join our campaign tonight and we can finally launch this movement into the General Election!

But I fully intend to move into these next contests bright-eyed and ready for the future, and I can't wait to continue my debate with Governor Sebelius on the right vision for our country so let's get out! Let's win and let's continue 16 years of progress! Thank you and may God bless you!
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #419 on: July 30, 2020, 02:59:48 PM »

GOP RALLIES AROUND PAUL

In the wake of Paul's victories on Super Tuesday and his receiving of the Republican nomination, 21 GOP governors and legislators have endorsed his campaign. This sign of party unity is intended to show other legislators that Paul should be trusted, as well as hopefully win back voters who were considering other candidates such as Trump. They include several big names in the Party. The endorsees are:

Governors:
Sarah Palin (AK)
Tim Pawlenty (MN)
Mike Rounds (SD)
Jim Douglas (VA)

Senators:
Sam Brownback (KS)
Elizabeth Dole (NC)
Jim DeMint (SC)
Orrin Hatch (UT)

Representaives:
Speaker Marsha Blackburn (TN)
Jeff Flake (AZ)
Darrell Issa (CA)
Connie Mack (FL)
Mark Kirk (IL)
Michele Bachmann (MN)
Jim Jones (OH)
Louie Gohmert (TX)
Ted Poe (TX)
Mac Thornberry (TX)
Kenny Marchant (TX)
Pete Sessions (TX)
Eric Cantor (VA)

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: July 30, 2020, 06:12:06 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight marked by the final leadup to the critical Super Tuesday primaries, when a massive percentage of delegates will be allocated.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Governor Kathleen Sebelius of Kansas. Governor, how are you tonight?

Sebelius: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, many have noted that, despite your supposed “defeat” last night, the delegate totals are such that, had New York not cast its votes then, you would currently be ahead by four delegates overall. Do you believe this is proof that the race is still far from over?

Sebelius: If anything, last night proved that this primary is far from over. We were competitive across the country, with wins not only in the West, but also in Massachusetts, Minnesota, and Oklahoma, alongside strong showings in California, Illinois, and Connecticut. Last night, we proved that this movement isn’t confined to one region, and we are truly competitive everywhere. Millions of Americans have yet to have their voices heard, and I intend to continue this race on and give voters a choice in this primary.

Brokaw: A fight to the finish, a choice for the voters. Now then, Senator Obama recently said that he would happily accept the vice presidential nod from either you or Senator Clinton. Would you consider him for the role, and why or why not?

Sebelius: Senator Obama represents the future of the Democratic Party, and I will of course consider him for Vice President. Democrats need to show off a new generation of leadership, and I believe the Senator represents that. Right now though, I’m focused on winning this primary and fighting to ensure Democrats have a chance to win in November.

Brokaw: Thinking about the bottom of the ticket, but about more important things, as well. Now then, perhaps the most surprising win of the night was your narrow victory over Senator Clinton in Massachusetts. Do you believe this is proof you can appeal to voters in regions where you’ve struggled so far?

Sebelius: Reporters and commentators thought our campaign was spinning when we said we could win Massachusetts, then again, they said the same thing about Iowa. We’re running a 50-state campaign here and taking no region for granted. We knew Super Tuesday would be on Senator Clinton’s home turf, with New York voting alongside Arkansas, but we held her to closer margins than she’d like. Our wins last night just goes to show that voters want change, and we intend on delivering.

Brokaw: What once was spinning, now is winning, one might say. Finally, Governor, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Sebelius: We have a chance to fundamentally change Washington with this election. We can end the hyper-partisanship and special interest-based legislating that has taken over our politics. I’m running for President because I believe we can make Washington work for us, we can create the kind of change all Americans are craving. But, we can’t do it alone, we need to band together and turn out to vote for the kind of change we need, not just against the status quo. Together, we can hold Washington accountable to the people.

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Governor.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Saturday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #421 on: July 31, 2020, 10:43:34 AM »
« Edited: July 31, 2020, 10:53:25 AM by Mycool »

"Kansas, we had a big win tonight! I'm so honored and overwhelmed by the support we've received tonight. As the results come in, it looks like our movement is more motivated than ever before. We scored victories from Alaska to Massachusetts, showing the political commentators that our grassroots movement is more than just a regional strength, it's nationwide.

In order to win against the Washington establishment and special interests, we've got a long fight ahead of us. But, it's a worthy fight. It's one that leads to rooting out corruption in Washington, it leads to affordable education for all, for extended tax credits for small business, and true accountability for the American people.

I didn't get into this race because it would be easy. I knew we would be up against the political class in Washington, up against the special interests with a stake in maintaining the status quo. But tonight we showed them that we're ready for real change in this country! I intend to fight this battle to the finish, and I am so grateful for your support!"
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #422 on: July 31, 2020, 11:06:14 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Releases Statement, Sends Out Email to Supporters

In a press conference, Kathleen Sebelius urges her supporters to vote for Tammy Baldwin, alongside tapping into her extensive email list to urge donations, volunteers, and support for the Representative.

"I'm happy to endorse Tammy Baldwin for Senate in Wisconsin. Tammy Baldwin has been a fierce advocate for equality, better healthcare coverage, and the rights of workers in the House and will continue that same advocacy in the Senate. I'm urging every person who intends to vote in the Democratic primary to also cast your ballot for Tammy Baldwin. When we win in November, we need Tammy in the Senate, not Scott Walker, who looks to undo the progress our country has made."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #423 on: August 01, 2020, 11:03:23 AM »
« Edited: August 01, 2020, 12:46:37 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 6-8 February 2008
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 50%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 46%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Congressman Ron Paul - 35%
Democratic Nominee - 33%
Mr. Donald Trump - 20% (campaign suspended)

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada
Corrine Brown, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 3rd District
Robert Wexler, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 19th District
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 20th District
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Ellen Tauscher, U.S. Representative from California’s 10th District
Pete Stark, U.S. Representative from California’s 13th District
Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative from California’s 35th District
Al Green, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 9th District

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association
Kendrick Meek, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 17th District
Kathy Castor, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 11th District
Dick Durbin, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee
Brad Henry, Governor of Oklahoma
Bill Ritter, Governor of Colorado
John Kerry, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Chris Dodd, U.S. Senator from Connecticut
Christine Gregoire, Governor of Washington
Barbara Mikulski, U.S. Senator from Maryland
Herb Kohl, U.S. Senator from Wisconsin
Jay Inslee, U.S. Representative from Washington’s 1st District

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas
Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska
Tim Pawlenty, Governor of Minnesota
Mike Rounds, Governor of South Dakota
Jim Douglas, Governor of Vermont
Sam Brownback, U.S. Senator from Kansas
Elizabeth Dole, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
Jim DeMint, U.S. Senator from South Carolina
Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator from Utah
Jeff Flake, U.S. Representative from Arizona’s 6th District
Darrell Issa, U.S. Representative from California’s 49th District
Connie Mack IV, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 14th District
Mark Kirk, U.S. Representative from Illinois’s 10th District
Michelle Bachmann, U.S. Representative from Minnesota’s 6th District
Jim Jordan, U.S. Representative from Ohio’s 4th District
Marsha Blackburn, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and U.S. Representative from Tennessee’s 7th District
Louie Gohmert, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 1st District
Ted Poe, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 2nd District
Mac Thornberry, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 13th District
Kenny Marchant, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 24th District
Pete Sessions, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 32nd District
Eric Cantor, U.S. Representative from Virginia’s 7th District

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: Any GOP members desired.
Hillary Clinton: 20
Kathleen Sebelius: 1
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #424 on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:46 PM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - PRE POTOMAC PRIMARIES

February 6th - 7th | Washington
February 6th:
Rally in Seattle, Washington
Barnstorm in Seattle, Washington
Meet local and state volunteers in Seattle Headquarters

February 7th:
Town hall in Seattle, Washington on Healthcare reform
Meet and greet young girls in Seattle, Washington
Interview with local radio station
Fly to Maryland
February 8th - 9th | Maryland
February 8th:
Rally in Baltimore, Maryland.
Town hall on criminal justice reform in Baltimore, Maryland
Fundraiser in Baltimore, Maryland
February 9th:
Meet voters in Annapolis, Maryland
Roundtable on women’s issues in Annapolis, Maryland
Meet young volunteers in Annapolis, Maryland
Campaign victory rally in Annapolis, Maryland for February 9th contests.
Fly to Virginia

February 10th - 12th | Virginia
February 10th:
Rally in Richmond, Virginia
Town hall on Immigration in Richmond, Virginia
Barnstorm in Richmond, Virginia
Interview with local news station
February 11th;
Rally in Norfolk, Virginia
Attend local school pep rally
Dance in drumline in Richmond, Virginia
February 12th:
Rally in Fairfax, Virginia
Town hall on Equal Rights for Minorities
Interview with local radio station
Victory rally in Fairfax, Virginia

With a great Super Tuesday out of the way the Clinton campaign is looking forward to expanding their delegate lead and becoming insurmountable. Focusing strongly on social media and dispatching surrogates across the country, they plan to finally knock Kathleen Sebelius out of the Democratic Nominating Contest and aim to beat Ron Paul.

The campaign is also looking forward to the general election as Senator Clinton has actively begun considering possible running mates. Although no-one in the campaign will tell you who is being considered, they are optimistic they will have a ticket dedicated to energizing their base.

With a clear delegate lead, the campaign is prepared to continue the fight for the nomination and for the presidency and is ready to win these contests and have a clear mandate to move on to the General Election.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies