Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:26:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17486 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #375 on: July 19, 2020, 06:28:16 PM »

Election Results 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we wait to find out just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results continue to show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead that we are still confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #376 on: July 19, 2020, 06:33:42 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we wait to find out just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results continue to show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead that we are still confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results, as well as the results of the Louisiana Republican caucuses, after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #377 on: July 19, 2020, 06:44:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State as we can now determine just how many delegates Senator Clinton will receive now that she has defeated Governor Sebelius. As well, we can project that Ron Paul has won all of Louisiana's delegates.

Brokaw: These results will produce the following delegate totals for the primary race at large.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Join us later in the week when we go over the results in Florida. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #378 on: July 19, 2020, 07:03:54 PM »

PHASE III, TURN VI: DON'T TAKE GRENADES TO TACO BELL

And so Senator Clinton brings the delegate difference back into single digits, and hopes to continue her success in yet another Southern state, Florida. While not so friendly as South Carolina, Clinton is hoping her victory in the Palmetto State will have restored enough confidence in her to score a sizable win here, as well as the endorsement of Senator Bill Nelson. Governor Sebelius, however, has the endorsement of Florida's other Senator, Betty Castor, as well as Representatives Kendrick Meek and Kathy Castor, leading some to believe that the possibility of her upset is far more viable here...

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following yet another massive victory. As well, he's won the support of a majority of Libertarian Party delegates, and so will be nominated by their party, as well. Paul now finds himself tasked with determining how best to place himself: a middle-of-the-road candidate between two "hardliners," the true leader of conservatism, or perhaps, if Senator Clinton continues to rack up wins, the only candidate not from the New York City metro area.

Meanwhile, the House is in chaos: numerous conservative Republicans, including the embattled Representative Taylor, are backing Blackburn against Boehner, resulting in a closer race every ballot. To make matters worse for the establishment, several progressive Democrats have begun pushing for Blackburn, believing (rightly or wrongly) that her winning the Speaker's gavel could shipwreck the Republicans in November. How will Trump respond to this?

This turn will be due on July 22 IRL, and will go through January 29th in-game.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #379 on: July 20, 2020, 08:16:26 AM »

Clinton address supporters in Columbus, South Carolina

Hello everyone and thank you all so much for joining us in the great city of Columbus, South Carolina!

First off I would like to thank the great Senator of Illinois, Barack Obama for the fine work he did here for us in South Carolina! Oprah Winfrey who made a case for our campaign out here. the great Reverend Jesse Jackson who I am honored to call a true and trusted friend. And I want to give special thanks to my husband: President Bill Clinton!

And of course I also would like to thank the people of South Carolina for their vote of confidence in our campaign, I am ready to move forward with this campaign with confidence and with South Carolina's vote I can say confidently that we can do it don't you? But in order to keep this momentum going we need your support, so please go to 'HillaryClinton.com' and make a donation, even $5 helps us keep going and we need all the support we can going into these upcoming contests!

As we move forward into Florida and Super Tuesday I am confident that we can keep this momentum going, we can win big in Florida! win big on Tuesday and we will take the fight to Ron Paul and Donald Trump this November! I want your support because now is the time for all of us to come together as a country, for the past 16 years we have had President's in the White House proven and dedicated to defending and fighting for Democracy and I pledge to do that everyday I am in the White House!

Let's chose love over hate, truth over lies, facts over fiction, and yes Clinton over Sebelius! (laughs) so you know let's fight for our common values because that is what we as Americans do, that is what we have always done and I know that we need a President on Day One who is ready to do the job and I can say with confidence, Hillary Clinton will be that President.

So thank you, may God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America! Thank you and onward to Florida!
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #380 on: July 21, 2020, 10:49:04 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - LEAD UP TO FLORIDA

January 27th - 29th | Florida
January 27th:
Rally in Tallahassee, FL with Senator Bill Nelson
Knock on doors in Tallahassee, Fl
Tour local small businesses
Roundtable on Climate Change

January 28th:
Town hall on union rights in Miami, FL
Interview with local TV station
Read to local kindergartners in Miami, FL
Fundraiser in Miami, FL

January 29th:
GOTV Rally with President Bill Clinton and Senator Bill Nelson in Palm Beach. FL
Interview with local newspaper and radio station
Rally in Orlando, FL
Election Night Victory Party in Miami, FL

The Clinton campaign is strongly looking forward to Florida as they see it as a chance to capitalize on their wins in Nevada and South Carolina and to finally overtake Governor Sebelius in the all but important delegate count. Deploying surrogates across the state to do interviews and small campaign events, the campaign is not taking anything for granted as an upset in Florida is way more likely than South Carolina.

The campaign has also begun to ramp up operations in Super Tuesday states hoping to gain an insurmountable delegate lead once the night is over. President Bill Clinton has been traveling the state making the case for his wife and explaining how she is the most qualified person for the job. The campaign will hold an election night victory party in Miami. Florida

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #381 on: July 21, 2020, 12:35:33 PM »

RON PAUL AD "DIFFERENCE"

"What’s the difference between Ron Paul and Donald Trump?"

"Ronald Reagan called Ron Paul “an outstanding leader…”

"…while Bill and Hillary Clinton had front row seats at Trump’s lavish wedding."

"Ron Paul has always advocated for the same conservative principles and smaller government."

"Donald Trump has flip flopped both on issues and parties and has funded liberal campaigns nationwide."

"There is only one conservative candidate in this race, and it could make all the difference."

"I'm Ron Paul and I approve this message."

The Paul campaign is hoping to push back on Trump's rapid rise in the polls. He is now just eight points behind both Paul and the Democrats. This ad will be running in several battleground states as well as states that could be competitive due to Trump's vote splitting with Paul.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #382 on: July 21, 2020, 12:49:15 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Florida Campaign Schedule

January 27th - 29th: Florida

Fly to Jacksonville
Rally in Jacksonville

“We have an election this year that has quickly become the year of the outsider, and our answer to Ron Paul and Donald Trump can’t be an avatar of the status quo, no, we need a leader from outside of the Washington establishment. Let’s make one thing clear, there is no ‘safe choice’ this election, this isn’t a race to take for granted. If you want to build upon any of the progress of the last 16 years, then we must nominate someone with a record of building coalitions of Democrats, Independents, and moderate Republicans. I’m the only candidate with that record. I’m not from the establishment, and I don’t have a list of powerful donors and friends in Washington, what I do have is a movement of grassroots support. Florida, I need your help. We need to expand our delegate lead and show that we’re competitive everywhere. Don’t just vote, grab a friend, knock on doors, make some calls, and make a plan to vote together. That’s how we change Washington and end the insider culture that has taken over our politics.”

Townhalls in Gainesville and Ocala, hosted by the NEA and NAACP respectively
Small business roundtable in Spring Hill
Joint rally with Betty and Kathy Castor in Tampa

"I know education, I've been an educator much longer than I've been in politics. Kathleen Sebelius has the unique ability to address the concerns of both students and teachers, and the plans to back it up. She's got the kind of experience we need from our President and an ability to unite all Americans, not just Democrats. We can change this race in Florida, and we do it by voting for Kathleen!"

Townhall in Lakeland hosted by the NAACP and in Kissimmee hosted by the NEA
Rally in Orlando, kick-off GOTV efforts on primary day

The Sebelius campaign believes Florida is ripe for an upset, and focuses its efforts on the northern half of the state, believing turnout there is key to victory. Bolstered by the endorsements of Senator Betty Castor, her daughter Representative Kathy Castor, and Representative Kendrick Meek. The Florida surrogates will be joined by neighboring Representative Sanford Bishop and local chapters of the NEA and NAACP. Representative Sanford Bishop will cross over from Georgia, leading GOTV efforts in Tallahassee. He will highlight Sebelius’s outsider status and overall appeal to independents, saying that Democrats need to nominate someone who can win Florida in November. Senator Betty Castor was an early endorser of Sebelius and has held events on her behalf and chaired her campaign efforts in Florida. The Senator has highlighted Sebelius’s education plan heavily, while also mentioning her commitment to protecting Social Security, her bipartisan appeal, and her plan to modernize Washington. The Senator will hold campaign rallies in Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Tallahassee, and will work on election day to GOTV with her daughter in Tampa. Kathy Castor will hold events across her district, joining her mother for a rally in Tampa, and headlining her own in St. Petersburg. Kathy will highlight Sebelius’s commitment to lowering healthcare costs for Americans, including her plan for negotiating costs for prescription drugs. Representative Kendrick Meek will spearhead the Miami/Southern Florida arm of the campaign, working with the local chapters of the NAACP and NEA to get out the vote amongst members of both groups. He will hold events across Southern Florida, primary in Miami-Dade where he will spend primary day campaigning after voting himself. Sebelius herself with GOTV in Orlando, hoping to capitalize on her appeal with college students by holding events at the University of Central Florida throughout the day.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #383 on: July 21, 2020, 09:59:55 PM »

RON PAUL SCHEDULE JAN 27-29

January 27: Rally in Milwaukee, WI
                   Rally in Madison, WI
                   Rally in Green Bay, WI

January 28: Rally in Gary, IN
                   Rally in Grand Rapids, MI

January 29: Rally in West Palm Beach, FL
                   Rally in Miami, FL

Ron Paul spent some time in the Midwest, especially Wisconsin. The Badger State is home to a high-profile special election for the Senate seat, and is also the first state where Donald Trump leads the polls for the presidential election. Ron Paul also spent time in southern Florida ahead of the primary in the state.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #384 on: July 21, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »

RON PAUL HITS OUT AT TRUMP IN WISCONSIN, SUPPORTS BLACKBURN FOR SPEAKER

During a campaign stop in Wisconsin today, Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul took aim at independent Donald Trump over tariffs:

"And folks, in this election we can't fall for Donald Trump's so-called "conservatism." His support for policies such as tariffs is just ridiculous. Tariffs? Really? And he claims to be for the working people? Tariffs would be a disaster for this country and the working people. We might as well just slap them with a fat tax increase! That's all it is. They would lead to price increases, job loses, and economic slowdown. That's not a path I want to go down.

Instead we need free and fair trade, where people and companies buy and sell to whoever they please, which offers them the best prices, leading to lower prices at home. That's how we can build up our might once again here in Wisconsin."

During his stop Paul spoke about the upcoming Wisconsin Senate race, urging voters to support the Republican candidate, Scott Walker. Ron Paul also touched on the race for the Speaker's gavel in Washington:

"I've known Ms. Blackburn, she's a fine lady and I think she'll do a fine job as Speaker. She represents a change from the establishment politics of the past, and that's what we need. Marsha Blackburn can count on my vote."

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #385 on: July 22, 2020, 11:21:06 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Runs Ad "Change" Before Florida Primary

"Washington politicians love to run on the status quo and package it as change and progress."

"This year, the American people have made it clear that this won't work anymore."

"We can't play it safe and nominate a Washington insider if we want to go up against the status quo."

"Kathleen Sebelius grew up in the Midwest, and has spent her entire time in elected office working to represent the people of Kansas over special interests."

"She is more interested in fighting to keep your drug costs down than she is in wheeling and dealing in backroom endorsement deals."

"As your President, Kathleen will work to make college affordable for every American, root out corruption in Washington, and bring our government programs into the 21st century."

"A vote for Kathleen is a vote for change in Washington."

"I'm Kathleen Sebelius and I approve this message."
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #386 on: July 22, 2020, 04:36:57 PM »

The Trump Campaign mainly focuses on Campaigning in Pennsylvania, though he holds one or two rallies for Meadows, stating that he isn't trusting an establishment figure like Taylor, as he's proving that he's only trying to save himself a primary defeat by quickly aligning with trumpian elements, like Marsha Blackburn. However, Trump encourages more and more support to go to Blackburn instead of Boehner, as he believes she will be able to assist him in his policies for the future. He mainly uses the WWC campaign platform that has been consistent across the rust belt and how both major parties will ensure that the status quo will remain in place if elected. Trump also hit back at Paul on the campaign trail : "So Paul says that Tariffs will hurt this country? Paul look around you, look at the White Working Class. Tell them they have a better life because their jobs have been shipped to China or Mexico in support of the Neoliberal Conservative ideas of Bill Clinton. I am giving them an actual alternative that will likely help them in the long run while you offer no true solution besides more of the same, which frankly, people are getting sick and tired of. The People want change and you aren't offering any.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #387 on: July 22, 2020, 05:53:48 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Florida primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Sunshine State, and we can already make the usual call.

Brokaw: Meanwhile, the Democratic race is promising to be more of a fight; this is unsurprising, given the significant amount of support both candidates got from officials across the state.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with an early lead at this time, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #388 on: July 22, 2020, 05:59:56 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Florida primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Sunshine State, but we still cannot make a call in the Democratic race.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton holding onto her lead at this time, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #389 on: July 22, 2020, 06:07:12 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Sunshine State, but we still cannot make a call in the Democratic race.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton holding onto her lead at this time, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #390 on: July 22, 2020, 06:14:21 PM »

Election Results 2008

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #391 on: July 22, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Sunshine State, and we can now make a call in the Democratic race.

Brokaw: As well, we can now estimate delegate counts following tonight.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Join us next Tuesday, Super Tuesday, when we go over the results in many key races. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and thanks for tuning in.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #392 on: July 22, 2020, 07:56:46 PM »

PHASE III, TURN VII: CALIFORNIA AND TEXAS AND NEW YORK, OH MY!

And so Senator Clinton wins a third consecutive victory, taking the lead for the first time in the battle for delegates. However, Governor Sebelius appears far from down and out, and many believe that several massive states up for grabs on Tuesday could be in play, in which victory could be key to winning the entire primary race, if the margins are decisive enough...

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul continues to dominate the primaries, and find his stock rising among both populists and pro-free trade interests. While McConnell (now Senate Minority Leader) is disheartened and Boehner infuriated by his decision to join Trump in backing Blackburn, it is likely that, in the end, both will line up behind him to prevent either Trump or one of the Democrats from taking the White House. And, with the Libertarian Party behind him, as well, it appears that any fears about his viability in the general election are well in his rear views.

Meanwhile, it's official: Marsha Blackburn will be the next Speaker of the House. The Trump campaign celebrates its victory. However, the campaign is now faced with a choice: lay low for the period heading up to Super Tuesday, in which the looming fight between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius will undoubtedly take center stage, or try to break through the noise and show just how much of a power Trump's become in this election?

This turn will be due on July 26 IRL, and will go through February 5th in-game.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #393 on: July 23, 2020, 11:51:00 AM »

Clinton addresses supporters in Miami, FL

Hello Miami! and thank you to the great state of Florida tonight!

I am absolutely humbled by the show of support I have received here tonight and I know if we can keep up this momentum it won't be long before we are accepting the Democratic Nomination for President of the United States of America! But we still have a long way to go. Florida I am so proud of the vote of confidence I have gained her tonight and they said we couldn't do it, but here we are!

But we still have a lot of work to do like I said, now is not the time to get complacent or slow down. We have to start speeding up, working harder, and doing better until we reach our goal and defeat Ron Paul and Donald Trump! But I can't do this without your help, so as always go to 'HillaryClinton.com" and make a donation, volunteer to help, or simply sign up for updates. Anything and everything helps and I am confident that with your help we will win the Democratic Nomination.

This campaign is built on the vision of equal rights and goals for every American. Now is not the time to give up on that fight. So if you believe in fighting for Healthcare for every American, if you believe in quality criminal justice reform, providing a quality education for our children or simply putting a person with experience in the White House, join us!

But thank you Florida! Let's hit the road! Let's make history on Tuesday and let's win this nomination! Thank you all so much!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #394 on: July 24, 2020, 05:18:54 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight marked by the leadup to the critical Super Tuesday primaries, when a massive percentage of delegates will be allocated.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Senator Hillary Clinton from New York. Senator, how are you tonight?

Clinton: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, despite an initial struggle throughout January, you’ve finally taken the delegate lead. How do you intend to capitalize on this lead?

Clinton: Well I fully intend to enter Super Tuesday from a position of strength, the momentum is on our side now and I am fully confident that we can expand and grow that momentum. But it's not going to be easy we need all the support we can get in these coming days but I intend on fighting and to keep on fighting for the values that we as American's hold dear and I fully intend to win this election.

Brokaw: Cautious optimism in what could be the most decisive night of the race. Now then, Senator Barack Obama has been stoking the flames of his potential selection for the Vice Presidency. Would you consider him for the role, and why or why not?

Clinton: Well look, Senator Obama is a dear friend of mine. I am honored to have him on my team to change the direction of this country as we know it. Ya know Senator Obama is a bright young shining star in the Democratic party and he has the potential to be Vice President, President himself one day, he is just that smart and good of a person and I admire that.

Brokaw: If I were the Senator hearing that right now, I'd be optimistic. Now then, both Ron Paul and Donald Trump have been casting you as the quintessential “creature of the establishment” for months now. How do you intend to assure voters that you either aren’t in such a position, or that your extensive experience is a benefit, rather than the liability both Paul and Trump claim it is?

Clinton: Well I find it rich from both of them considering how Ron Paul has been in Washington since I was in my 20's so if there is anyone who is a creature of the establishment it is Ron Paul. And coming from Donald Trump well I would like to thank him right now for donating to my 2000 Senate campaign and 2006 re-election campaign, it was much appreciated and I am glad that he decided to campaign with me during that time but obviously he has decided to change who he is and what he is for political purposes. And honestly these two are the most divisive people you will ever see in Government and they should not get even close to the White House.

Brokaw: A call for the only candidate who can unite the country after it's all over. Finally, Senator, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Clinton: Don't let division and anger and hurt define who we are as a country. Because that is not who we are. We are better than this. We are stronger than this and I am confident that when it is all said and done that we will come out of this election stronger and better than ever before. And to the states voting on Super Tuesday please cast your ballot or caucus for Hillary Clinton!

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Senator.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Sunday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #395 on: July 25, 2020, 08:32:42 AM »
« Edited: July 29, 2020, 09:51:38 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 29-31 January 2008
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 48%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 48%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 29-31 January 2008
Representative Ron Paul - 94%
"Someone Else" - 4%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Republican Nominee - 33%
Democratic Nominee - 32%
Mr. Donald Trump - 27%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada
Corrine Brown, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 3rd District
Robert Wexler, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 19th District
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 20th District
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Ellen Tauscher, U.S. Representative from California’s 10th District
Pete Stark, U.S. Representative from California’s 13th District
Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative from California’s 35th District
Al Green, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 9th District

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association
Kendrick Meek, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 17th District
Kathy Castor, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 11th District
Dick Durbin, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee
Brad Henry, Governor of Oklahoma
Bill Ritter, Governor of Colorado
John Kerry, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Chris Dodd, U.S. Senator from Connecticut

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas
Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska
Tim Pawlenty, Governor of Minnesota
Mike Rounds, Governor of South Dakota
Jim Douglas, Governor of Vermont
Sam Brownback, U.S. Senator from Kansas
Elizabeth Dole, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
Jim DeMint, U.S. Senator from South Carolina
Orrin Hatch, U.S. Senator from Utah
Jeff Flake, U.S. Representative from Arizona’s 6th District
Darrell Issa, U.S. Representative from California’s 49th District
Connie Mack IV, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 14th District
Mark Kirk, U.S. Representative from Illinois’s 10th District
Michelle Bachmann, U.S. Representative from Minnesota’s 6th District
Jim Jordan, U.S. Representative from Ohio’s 4th District
Marsha Blackburn, Speaker of the United States House of Representatives and U.S. Representative from Tennessee’s 7th District
Louie Gohmert, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 1st District
Ted Poe, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 2nd District
Mac Thornberry, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 13th District
Kenny Marchant, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 24th District
Pete Sessions, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 32nd District
Eric Cantor, U.S. Representative from Virginia’s 7th District

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District (Republican)
Jim Webb, former U.S. Secretary of the Navy (Democrat)
Fred Williamson, actor
Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (Republican)
Ben Carson, neurosurgeon
Gene Simmons, musician
Charles Evers, former Mayor of Fayette, Mississippi (Republican)
Tim Howard, Sheriff of Erie County, New York (Republican)
Tom Tancredo, U.S. Representative from Colorado’s 6th District (Constitution)

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: 38
Donald Trump: 13
Hillary Clinton: 10
Kathleen Sebelius: 1
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #396 on: July 25, 2020, 12:35:47 PM »

The days leading into Super Tuesday for the Democrats sees the Trump campaign cranking up the infrastructure across the states, with major focus being placed on Florida and California in an effort to bring it to a 5% gap in either of those states in the next round of polling. The main thing he focuses on is how the establishment has truly hurt the American People with their ideas of 'Free' Trade being absolutely disastrous to worker's everywhere and how the country isn't what it was 20 years ago, when America was in a truly great economic boom. As for Hillary Clinton, he says that whatever is between her and Representative Paul is beef between them before going on the attack : "She says that I donated to her campaign for Senate twice and guess what, I did. But as I said again and again and again, I had to calculate who would win in the state so I can have proper business with them and I doubted that Hillary would lose either time, so I made the right choice in giving her my funds so I could potentially work with her in the future. Let's not forget that while I've been talking about these sorts of things for decades, even before her husband was in office, her husband implemented them and only now is she doing a complete 180. When she spoke in the interview, she was asked how being a member of the establishment was a good thing and knowing she couldn't spin it as such, she lashed out like a wild dog trying to defend itself. It's crazy how she thinks simply avoiding answering a question about her connections will get her off the hook so easily when it won't. It's clear she nor Paul are untrustworthy, both are creatures of the Washington machine and have been for decades now, so it's time for something new and with our movement now being just 5% behind in recent polling, I think we're ready to bring about true change in the country!"

Meanwhile, the Campaign is ready to announce where the convention will take place for the movement once Super Tuesday is finished as they celebrate the newly minted Speaker Blackburn's victory and campaign for Scott Walker for Senate, as well as Mark Meadows, Jim Webb, Jeff Sessions, Chris Lauzens, and Jimmy Duncan in case either of them are hit by the establishment machine. Trump also announces that he'll accept the popular nomination of any other party willing to endorse him, giving an open invitation for endorsements from the Reform Party and other such organizations, though he outright refuses parties that have explicit racist or anti-american goals.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2020, 10:14:52 AM »

RON PAUL SUPER TUESDAY SCHEDULE

January 30-Feb 1: Return Home; district duties

February 2: Rally in Boston, MA
                  Rally in Albany, NY

February 3: Rally in Atlanta, GA
                  Rally in Birmingham, AL
                  Rally in Memphis, TN

February 4: Rally in St Paul, MN
                  Rally in Phoenix, AZ

February 5: Fundraiser in Garden Grove, CA
                  Speak in Los Angeles after results

Ron Paul is traveling across the country, holding large rallies in several states that are participating in the Super Tuesday primaries. The Paul campaign hopes to officially cross the delegate threshold to receive the Republican nomination on Tuesday, in order to fully focus on the general election and put any fears of a sudden insurgent campaign for the nomination behind them.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - PRE SUPER TUESDAY

January 30th - Feb. 1st | California
January 30th:
Rally in Los Angeles, CA with Senator Dianne Feinstein
Knock on doors in Los Angeles, CA
Meet voters in local businesses and shopping malls
Attend Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA

February 1st
Rally in San Diego, CA with Senator Dianne Feinstein, Rep. Stark, and Rep. Tauscher
Meet voters in San Diego, CA with Rep. Stark and Rep. Tauscher
Meet local campaign volunteers in San Diego, CA
Knock on doors in San Diego, CA
Fly to Georgia

February 2nd - 3rd | Georgia
February 2nd:
Rally in Atlanta, GA with President Jimmy Carter and President Bill Clinton
Knock on doors in Atlanta, GA with President Bill Clinton
Townhall on effects of Poverty in Atlanta, GA
Meet small business owners in Atlanta, GA

February 3rd:
Rally in Savannah, GA
Attend local DNC conference in Savannah, GA
Roundtable on Women’s Rights
Knock on doors in Savannah, GA
Fly to Illinois

February 4th - 5th | Illinois
February 4th:
Rally in Chicago, IL with Senator Barack Obama
Meet voters in coffee shops and diners with Senator Barack Obama
Townhall on affordable housing in Chicago, IL
Knock on doors in Chicago suburbs

February 5th:
Eat breakfast at a local diner with President Bill Clinton
Tour local warehouses in Elgin, IL
Fly to New York
Meet voters in NYC, NY
Victory party in Manhattan, NY

The Clinton Campaign is hoping to boost their momentum after their big wins in Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida these past 2 weeks. The campaign has seen a surge in donations and seen their supporters become more confident. Clinton herself has said in her remarks lately “On Tuesday you have the chance to make history and you will make history on Tuesday!” the campaign has accepted the endorsement of influential leaders such as President Jimmy Carter and Senator Ted Kennedy as they hope to boost their momentum.

The campaign is also using social media as a highlight for their campaign hoping to use it in a way that helps them reach out to younger voters weary of the candidate. The campaign is planning forward to Super Tuesday with a message of optimism hoping to leak Clinton to President Gore and his successful policies as President.

Clinton has planned her operation all the way beyond Super Tuesday to Denver for the DNC as she has begun considering possible Vice Presidential options including Senators such as Barack Obama and Evan Bayh and Governors such as Ted Strickland and John Lynch. Though the Vice Presidential selection has mostly been in afterthought in the gruesome campaign that has ensued.

The campaign will celebrate Super Tuesday in Manhattan, NY at the New York Hilton Ballroom where Clinton will be joined by family and friends in what they expect to be a very Super Tuesday.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2020, 02:14:13 PM »

DONALD TRUMP PRESIDENTIAL TOWNHALL

(All images from Wikimedia Commons)

Carlson: Good evening. I'm Tucker Carlson with Fox News, here to moderate the second presidential townhall for independent candidate Donald Trump, here at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio. As promised, Mr. Trump will be allowed (but not required) to give an opening and a closing statement, and answer five questions from the audience here tonight. There will be no limits on how long or short statements or answers must be, as well. With that, let's get to it.

From Henry from Texas:
The most recent polls have put you at 27%, a figure more or less equivalent to the percentage of the vote received by Theodore Roosevelt in 1912, when he became the most successful third party candidate in American history. How do you intend to continue this rise and surpass Roosevelt by actually winning the election?

From Brad from Kansas:
It has become evident in recent years that the Internet will play a decisive role in this and future campaigns. Having already shown your knowledge of this fact with your Twitter account, how do you intend to further capitalize on this new form of campaigning?

From Todd from Arizona:
I am planning to be a first-time voter this year, but my home state of Arizona has rejected my application to register to vote several times now, and was quite vague in explaining what I’d done incorrectly. I believe, thus, that there is a concerted effort to suppress the Trump vote by the two big parties. Mr. Trump, having heard my story, would you agree with my sentiments, and what would you do about it as President?

From Bill from California:
Aside from General Flynn and Secretary Webb, all of your endorsements have been independents or Republicans. How do you intend to win over Democrats, particularly progressives who are likely to be unhappy with the moderate nominee?

From Tucker Carlson:
Excuse me, I hate to interrupt, especially right near the end, but we have learned that Congressman Tom Tancredo has changed his party affiliation from Republican to Constitution and has endorsed Mr. Trump. Again, I hate to take a question away from someone else, but Mr. Trump, what are your thoughts on this?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies