Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 09:01:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17445 times)
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: July 11, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »

Election Results 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Michigan primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and we have a projection.

Brokaw: With that, we can now estimate delegate totals for the night and overall.

Brokaw: As well, we now have enough vote in to determine that Ron Paul will win all 60 of Michigan's delegates, and thus the Republican delegate totals are as follows:

Brokaw: With another close race behind us, all eyes turn to Nevada, which promises to be yet another razor-thin race. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, thank you for tuning in, and good night.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #351 on: July 11, 2020, 06:19:28 PM »

Clinton address supporters in Detroit, MI

Hello Detroit, Michigan and thank you all so much!

Well! I guess the answer is close but not there yet! (laughs) I am so proud of the team we have assembled here in the great state of Michigan and I believe come November 4th we will win in this state! So thank you to everyone who got out and voted and let's keep that same energy in November!

I want to congratulate Governor Sebelius on her victory here in Michigan tonight, she ran a strong race here and I am excited to move forward with our great conversation on the issues in this race and how we can best address them because no matter what, we need a united party in November to defeat Ron Paul and the Republican and I believe we will do it!

As we move forward to the next few days of this campaign, I am optimistic about our chances of winning this nomination! But I can't do it without your help, so please go to 'HillaryClinton.com' and make a donation if you can, we would love your support and it is needed in this time, we must move forward as a nation and I believe that together we can continue 16 years of progress under my husband and President Gore!

That starts with fighting to ensure that every American has access to quality affordable education! Quality affordable healthcare and true criminal justice reform because it is time to end the era of mass incarceration of young black and Latino men! And under a Hillary Clinton administration, we will do it my fellow Americans! We can not be discouraged by the result here in Michigan, we must move forward, brush ourselves off and look forward to Nevada, South Carolina, Florida, Super Tuesday, and onward!

So please I ask you to stay in this fight with me, we need you more than ever with us. Together I am confident that we can keep this country whole. And ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity no matter who they are or where they came from! Because yes, it's your time!

Thank you, Detroit! and onward to Nevada!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #352 on: July 11, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »

PHASE III, TURN IV: FOR ONCE, THE NAME IS ACCURATE...

And so Governor Sebelius takes the first sizable lead of the election cycle, 109 to 86. However, the race is far from over; case in point: Nevada is still considered to be anyone's game. The Clinton campaign is hoping for a win here ahead of her likely victories in the South, while Sebelius is banking off a plan to make Florida competitive if she can win Nevada by enough.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following another massive win in Michigan. However, with Donald Trump seeming to push in more and more on his "turf," as it were, the question remains on how he can bring the rising independent down a few pegs, in order to prevent the much feared fifth consecutive Democratic term. On the bright side, though, he has gotten the backing of a plurality of Libertarian delegates already. If he can just go a little farther...

Meanwhile, it's finally happened. Donald Trump is leading in a statewide general election poll. In Wisconsin, where he's been campaigning for Republican Scott Walker for Senate, the businessman from New York has polled at 30 percent to either Democrat's 28 and Paul's 25. While a sixth of the vote remains out, this is a milestone for the Trump campaign. The question now is: how to expand it?

This turn will be due on July 14 IRL, and will go through January 19th in-game.
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #353 on: July 12, 2020, 11:30:51 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Speaks to Supporters in Detroit

Secretary Sebelius addresses the 65th World Health Assembly by United States Mission Geneva, on Flickr

"Michigan just sent a message loud and clear, we want a new path forward! I'm so humbled by your outpouring of support and so grateful to be able to share this victory with all of you. Our campaign has always been about all of you, it's been about holding Washington accountable and striving for a more perfect union.

I want to celebrate the fact that as of Michigan, we have gotten Senator Clinton to rethink her position on NAFTA, that's the impact that a grassroots movement has on our politics. I want to thank Senator Clinton, and congratulate her on running a strong campaign here in Michigan.

We're not done though, we still have a long race ahead of us, and I plan on continuing this fight for all of you. We're moving onward to Nevada, where I will need your help in fighting against the status quo, so please sign up for campaign updates and donate if you can.

Together, we're paving a new way forward!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #354 on: July 12, 2020, 05:26:47 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by victories in Michigan for presumptive Republican nominee Ron Paul and Governor Kathleen Sebelius.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, businessman Donald Trump. Mr. Trump, how are you tonight?

Trump: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, a new poll has been released suggesting that, regardless of who is the Democratic nominee, you’re currently ahead in the state of Wisconsin. Do you believe this is proof that you’re just as much a contender as the big party nominees, if not more so?

Trump: Well, I have to say this. That's a really remarkable thing for an Independent Candidate like myself. Only a year ago, I came down that escalator ride and had only a few hundred supporters in front of me but now, the people have rallied around me and the movement to Make America Great Again has become a rallying cry for many and I think that message resonates the most in the Rust Belt, in states like Wisconsin and Michigan, where the Free Trade policies of the Clinton and Gore Administrations cost a lot of good people their livelihoods. As for me being as much of a contender as the other major parties, I wouldn't say anything yet as we're still in January and anything can happen at this early stage. Come back to me in October and if I'm still doing extremely well in Wisconsin and leading in other states, than I'll say that I truly am. But as of right now, this is what the people want and it shows the power of the people over the establishment, nothing else.

Brokaw: A sense of cautious optimism bolstered by the will of the people. Now then, an FBI investigation has turned up the possibility that the rumors surrounding House Speaker Hastert regarding unspeakable acts toward teenage boys may be, in fact, warranted. As a result, Speaker Hastert is reportedly considering his resignation. Do you believe your speeches drawing attention to this issue helped achieve this astonishing conclusion?

Trump: I don't think I'm the one to have the credit for that, Chris should have it because he was the first one to bring it to my and everyone else's attention when he began his campaign. Did I amplify it to make sure he was heard instead of the Media simply drowning him out, maybe, but let's not forget that we have a person who molested teenagers as our Speaker right now and there are still some Republicans currently holding their ground, which I think is absolutely disgusting. All because they don't want admit that I was right about their leaders. Personally, I want to hear Paul's thoughts on this matter because he's been awfully quiet on it and it's quite suspicious to me. As for the victims, I can't wait for them to finally get the justice they've desired for decades and Hastert finally goes to prison for what he's done. And with him out of the way, I hope the dirty secrets of every establishment politician can be exposed and everyone can vote them out for fresh faces this November.

Brokaw: "Throw the rascals out," as the old saying goes. And, ironically, on that topic, some within Washington have said that you’d “have no idea what you’re doing” as President, with disastrous consequences. How do you respond to these attacks?

Trump: This is a classic Establishment talking point. Usually, they ignore you at first if you're small, but if you get anywhere near threatening their status as Top Dog, their screech, scream, and whine that you aren't the best choice, that you'll ruin the country and so on. Listen, some of these people, they've been in Congress for decades, decades, and what do they have to show for it? Almost nothing, they're the ones ruining the country, not me. How many of these people have served? How many have run a business as big as mine? For the former, several, but certainly not enough to make a really good impact, and as for the latter, I'd say little to none. I've run my business ever since the 70s and I've continued to grow it and become more successful with each passing year. Sure, there have been times where I struggled, but ask anyone in business and they'll tell you the exact same thing. And I have perhaps one of the best running mates, a personal friend of mine and a retired Lieutenant General, Micheal Flynn. He's experienced in foreign affairs, I'm experienced in Domestic Affairs, it's a Presidential Ticket made in heaven some have told me. But this isn't about me or Flynn, it's about the people. It's clear that the establishment is scared of the growing movement behind me, as I'm just 11% behind both major parties in recent national polling and already my campaign is planning out our own convention to rival the Major Party's own. I think it's become pretty clear the people don't want to hear anything more the establishment had to say and so I say to the Establishment and Washington Insiders Shut up, you're the ones who brought this country down, so no one cares what you think anymore.

Brokaw: "You can say I don't know what I'm doing, but I can show that you don't." Finally, Mr. Trump, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Trump: I'll tell them this : Our message is growing, day by day, week by week, minute by minute, more and more people are seeing past the lies of the Establishment and realizing that finally, there is a proper third choice for them this time. After years of abuse by the two major parties, someone is challenging their hegemony and is winning! Do not lose heart, keep up the fight, continue to support Senate, Congressional, and Gubernatorial Candidates who will fight the establishment tooth and nail. Remember to be wary of grifters who are looking to hijack our movement for their own gain and by that I mean, research any person you think looks suspicious of being a grifter and if they are, call them out as we don't need that tainting the movement. Together, as we move forward, we'll continue to grow stronger and in November, we will tear down the establishment and rebuild the government this time for the people, not for special interests and wall street. To put it simply : America is waking up and together, myself and her people, we shall bring it to be Great once again!

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Mr. Trump.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Tuesday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #355 on: July 13, 2020, 08:17:45 AM »

The Trump campaign would go on to focus on the Rust Belt once again with the knowledge that their candidate was now leading in Wisconsin and was now likely coming close in the other states in the region. Spending more time in the state of Wisconsin to consolidate his lead, he spent the 17th in Illinois, the 18th in Ohio, and the 19th in Michigan to rally more support for his campaign, hammering how badly the free trade policies of the establishment have ruined the job markets of the nations and how, as a businessman, will change that, touting his success at making successful businesses and continuing them. Meanwhile, voting is open for the campaign's own National Convention begins online and will continue until the third of February and currently it seems that San Francisco and Miami are currently in the lead with the participants.

Meanwhile, for Trump's surrogates, Floyd and Valley are sent across the various military bases across the country to rally home the message that Trump is for veterans and servicemen and servicewomen, Giulani is set to campaign in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut to have the message known that where the past two administrations and the establishment failed, Trump will keep America safe, Gene Simmons and Tim Allen campaign in Upstate New York, Indiana, and Pennsylvania to connect Trump's appeal of the WWC and Blue Collar Workers better as well as convince them that the establishment has caused too much damage to be forgiven. Williamson continues to campaign for Trump, this time in Oregon and Washington as he's hoped he's been able to rally enough support around the campaign in California to last a while, Arpaio focuses on giving Trump the edge in Arizona, knowing it could really help their chances if two or more states had him leading in the polls by solid margins before election night, Ben Carson was sent across the Black Belt of the South to bring home the message that the Democrats have ruined the African American Community ever since 60s and the Republicans have done nothing to earn it, meaning it's time to try out a third option for once. Sessions, Duncan, and Webb continue to campaign for Trump heavily in their respective states as Trump's campaign mainly focuses on the Rust Belt for the rest of January. Finally, the Constitution Party works to create campaign headquarters and ground games for Trump in Kansas, Montana, and Oklahoma. The Campaign and its surrogates also work to make sure Walker, Lauzens, Meadows, and Webb win their respective nominations and Elections. Finally, to deflect any potential attack from Paul, Trump says this :

"You know, I've been hearing rumors, a lot of them, that Representative Paul is planning to launch a series of attacks on me, planning to say things like I'm untrustworthy or that I'm simply pretending and I'm actually a lying snake. Well, I want him to do something he has yet to have done. Speak on the matter of the Speaker of the House and the crimes he committed. We've seen dozens of Washington insiders and a lot of members of the establishment defend Hastert, calling him a 'good man' who'd never do what he's been accused of. This is despite the fact that too many things add up when you look into it and seeing as I've personally spoken to his victims, I can definitely tell you that he certainly did those things and Hastert thinking about resigning just proves it more. However, the Republican's presumptive nominee is awfully quiet on the issue and has been ever since it first came out. So, I'd like his official comment on it right now, no wishy washy statements that he can worm himself out of later, does he believe the claims of Hastert's innocence or does he believe the claims that Lauzens brought up against him? It's time we the american people finds out what he truly thinks about this whole situation."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #356 on: July 13, 2020, 11:15:35 AM »
« Edited: July 13, 2020, 12:39:19 PM by Mycool »

Kathleen Sebelius Nevada Schedule

Source

Roll out NEA endorsement:

"As the largest union in the United States, we take our members' thoughts and opinions seriously before deciding to endorse any candidate. However, this year we have seen overwhelming member support for one candidate in particular. We at the NEA are happy to endorse Governor Kathleen Sebelius for President of the United States. No candidate has such a comprehensive education plan, is as big of a champion for educators and students, or has the experience of properly funding education that Kathleen does."

January 16-19: Nevada

Fly to Reno
Rally in Reno with Senator Barbara Boxer
Roundtable with business leaders in Carson City, speaking with them on transitioning to a greener economy
Townhalls in Fallon and Hawthorne
Townhalls in Goldfield, Tonopah, and Amargosa Valley
Rally in Las Vegas with Governor Napolitano

"My friend and fellow Governor Kathleen knows what it takes to get work done. She's not interested in partisan fights, she just gets results. So when I see politicians in Washington playing political football with immigration, education, and healthcare, I know Kathleen is the one who can come in and fix it. As a fellow Governor, I can tell you that we know how to work with a legislature and balance a budget, we know how to provide results. Kathleen is not going to get lost in this week's political food fight or the next, she knows what's important, representing the American people."

GOTV in Las Vegas

Kathleen Sebelius will be joined in Nevada by Governors Napolitano, Richardson, and Schweitzer, along with Senator Barbara Boxer. Governor Schweitzer will spend his time talking with rural voters in the northern portion of the state, his townhalls with ranchers being the main focus. The Governor will engage with voters who usually don't come out to caucus for Democrats, urging them to change their affiliation for a candidate with both moderate and outsider bona fides, highlighting her support of the Second Amendment. On Caucus day, Governor Schweitzer will spend his time door knocking in Reno, getting last minute caucusgoers to their site. Senator Barbara Boxer will join the campaign primarily in Reno, where she will coordinate with Governor Sebelius on strategy. The Senator will capitalize on her heightened name recognition from being from the neighboring state and will speak to voters about Kathleen's commitment to fighting for individual rights. Governor Janet Napolitano had already spearheaded much of the Nevada operation and will continue to do so up until caucus day. She will spend her entire time in the state in Clark county, holding rallies in Henderson, Paradise, and Las Vegas, speaking with voters on Sebelius's bipartisan approach to politics and plan to work with John McCain on immigration reform. The Governor will coordinate with volunteers and staff to get students, suburban voters, and Latino voters out to support Kathleen. Governor Bill Richardson will join Napolitano with events in Vegas and will spend caucus day speaking to potential supporters. As for Sebelius herself, she will join the Governors for a headlining rally in the morning before getting to work door knocking, sign-waving, and phonebanking to get Nevada caucusgoers to their assigned caucus site. Included in all campaign literature is the location of the caucus site alongside an explainer of what to expect, the campaign believes the information alongside outreach to new supporters and Nevada being the first Western state to vote will all work to the campaign's advantage.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #357 on: July 13, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »

RON PAUL SCHEDULE JAN. 16-19

January 16: Rally in Cleveland, OH
                   Rally in Pittsburgh, PA

January 17: Rally in Denver, CO
                   Rally in Las Vegas, NV
                   Rally in Reno, NV

January 18: Rally in Chattanooga, TN
                   Rally in Atlanta, GA
                   Rally in Tampa, FL

January 19: Rally in Charleston, SC
                   Rally in Columbia, SC

Ron Paul is now campaigning in traditional battleground states as well as states that could be more competitive this year. The campaign hopes to build up support early here in the hopes of stymieing any potential room for Trump and the Democrats to grow as the election goes on.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #358 on: July 13, 2020, 04:10:20 PM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - PRE-NEVADA

January 16th - 19h | Michigan

January 16th:
Rally in Reno, NV
Barnstorm in local diners and stores in Reno, NV
Phone bank in Reno, NV
Accept endorsement of Senator Harry Reid in Reno, NV

January 17th:
Knock on doors in Carson City, NV
Town hall on Economic downturn in Carson City, NV
Phone bank in Carson City, NV
Interview with ABC7 Las Vegas

January 18th:
Rally in Las Vegas, NV
Door knock in Las Vegas, NV
Meet and greet with campaign volunteers
Phone bank in Las Vegas, NV
Roundtable on Women’s Rights in Las Vegas, NV

January 19th:
Interview with local newspaper in Las Vegas, NV
Rally in La Vegas, NV
Encourage caucus turnout in Las Vegas, NV
Election Night Watch Party in Las Vegas, NV

The Clinton campaign is flying to Nevada after an expected loss in Michigan saying: “We are all eyes forward to Nevada, South Carolina, Florida and all over this country on Super Tuesday” as they plan to even out the wins between her and Governor Sebelius with a victory in Nevada.

The Senator will accept the endorsement of Senator Harry Reid of Nevada and will actively campaign with him in Nevada, he will actively do small events and roundtables on her behalf explaining why she is the best candidate for the job.

Clinton will also make digs at Sebelius for suggesting she does not support the second amendment in an event: “You look at my opponent and she is off there saying ‘Well I support the second amendment’ like she is the only one who believes in the second amendment, And with little domestic and foreign policy experience I would honestly worry for this country if Governor Sebelius became President”

Her campaign will also accept the endorsement of the Culinary Workers Union one of the largest labor unions in the country based in Nevada. They will send out over 1,500 fliers to undecided voters stressing the importance of Clinton’s experience.
Clinton will hold an election night watch party in Las Vegas, NV, and will be joined by the entire Clinton - Rodham family.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #359 on: July 14, 2020, 12:41:24 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Runs Ad "Outsider" Before Nevada

"As a lifelong resident of the Midwest and a Governor, I knew I'd be in this race against the entire Washington establishment who had already chosen their pick and were looking for a coronation."

"Then we shocked the country by winning Iowa, and the race changed. Our movement is no longer being counted out."

"It's now popular to renegotiate NAFTA, to be bipartisan, and the establishment is running scared."

"This movement is about electing a President with the right kind of experience, one who knows what it takes to balance a budget, one with a record of kept promises, one who has a plan to address issues Americans care about, like education."

teacher by Sergio, on Flickr

"This race isn't about me, it's about creating a Washington that we can be proud of, a system accountable to only the people it represents."

"If you agree with this message, then this campaign is for all of you."

"Together, we can pave a new way forward."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #360 on: July 14, 2020, 05:59:54 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State, and we have two results already.

Brokaw: The first of these a reiteration of an earlier call, and neither is a surprise. In the Democratic race, however, things are much less clear cut.

Brokaw: These are early results, but they give Senator Clinton the lead in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #361 on: July 14, 2020, 06:13:03 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State as we watch the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton is widening her lead in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #362 on: July 14, 2020, 06:17:56 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Nevada caucuses and South Carolina Republican primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State as we watch the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton's lead is narrowing somewhat in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: July 14, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: These results suggest Senator Clinton's lead is mostly holding steady in a state expected to be hotly contested tonight. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #364 on: July 14, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Silver State, and we can make a projection in the battle between Senator Clinton and Governor Sebelius.

HILLARY CLINTON WINS THE NEVADA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Brokaw: We can also project delegate totals: Hillary Clinton will receive 15 delegates to Governor Sebelius's 10. This means that Governor Sebelius still leads in the overall delegates, 119 to 101.

Brokaw: As well, this now means that Ron Paul has 230 delegates on his way to the Republican nomination, to Melissa Hart's 3; Hart, however, suspended her campaign some time ago.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. Thank you so much for tuning in, and don't forget to join us next week for our special coverage of the South Carolina Democratic primary. Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and thanks for tuning in.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #365 on: July 14, 2020, 07:20:02 PM »

Clinton address supporters in Las Vegas, NV

Thank you all so much! And thank you to the great state of Nevada!

I am absolutely humbled by our great victory here in the Silver State, you have given a much-needed boost to our campaign and together we will win the nomination and defeat Ron Paul, because there is so much at stake in this election, and we can not afford to take anything for granted so thank you Nevada and let's keep the momentum going!

America there is so much more that unites us than that of which divides us and I am ready to do everything I can to fight for the American people, so please go to "HillaryClinton.com" and make a donation! even $5 helps our campaign and we simply can not give up so let's keep going!

Nevada we have to hurry up and hit the road to South Carolina so, me, Bill and Chelsea can not stay long but thank you all so much and onward to the Democratic Nomination!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #366 on: July 14, 2020, 08:14:32 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Speaks to Supporters

"We may not have won here in Nevada tonight, but we still ran a competitive race! Everyone here should be proud of participating in this contest and know that we aren't done yet. We still have a delegate lead and a competitive race ahead of us, but I can't do it without your help.

Without your support, our message will get drowned out by big-dollar donors. Go to my website to donate, sign up for volunteering, or to keep updated with messages from the campaign trail. Together, we will win not only the nomination but the White House as well!

Thank you!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #367 on: July 14, 2020, 08:30:44 PM »

PHASE III, TURN V: STILL FIRST IN THE SOUTH

And so Senator Clinton ensures her continued comeptitiveness in this arduous primary, and finally achieves some relief, for South Carolina is viewed as a state where she has a significant advantage. Despite this, however, both Barbara Lee and Jim Clyburn have endorsed Kathleen Sebelius in a race where an upset is viewed as a real possibility.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul remains unstoppable following yet two more titanic victories. However, with Donald Trump seeming to push in more and more on his "turf," as it were, the question remains on how he can bring the rising independent down a few pegs, in order to prevent the much feared fifth consecutive Democratic term. On the bright side, though, he's now approaching a majority of Libertarian delegates in their nomination process. If he can just go a little farther...

Meanwhile, another success for Donald Trump: Speaker Hastert has resigned amid yet more evidence coming to light that he did, in fact, molest several teenage boys. A special election has been called, and Chris Lauzen has already registered his candidacy. He appears to be home free in the Republican primary, as well, as potential opponent Jim Oberweis has elected to keep out and endorse Lauzen. The Republicans, meanwhile, are now seeing trouble in the ranks, as while John Boehner has a significant majority of support among the caucus, he doesn't have the 217 votes necessary to win the gavel outright. Seeing this chaos, third-term Representative Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee has begun voicing a more populist message in the hopes of potentially upending the process. How will Trump respond to this?

This turn will be due on July 19 IRL, and will go through January 26th in-game.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #368 on: July 17, 2020, 11:20:24 PM »

RON PAUL SCHEDULE JAN. 20-26

January 20: Rally in Charlotte, NC
                   Rally in Raleigh, NC

January 21: Rally in Pensacola, FL

January 22: Rally in New Orleans, LA
                   Rally in Baton Rouge, LA

January 23: Rally in Little Rock, AR
                   Rally in Memphis, TN

January 24: Rally in Honolulu, HI

January 25-26: Return home

The campaign is focusing on the South this week, an area that could be unusually competitive due to the presence of Donald Trump. No state is being taken for granted at this point by the Paul campaign.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #369 on: July 18, 2020, 10:03:54 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2020, 08:55:32 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 21-23 January 2008
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 47%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 46%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 21-23 January 2008
Representative Ron Paul - 92%
"Someone Else" - 6%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 33%
Republican Nominee - 33%
Mr. Donald Trump - 25%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada
Corrine Brown, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 3rd District
Robert Wexler, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 19th District
Debbie Wasserman Schultz, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 20th District
Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States
Ellen Tauscher, U.S. Representative from California’s 10th District
Pete Stark, U.S. Representative from California’s 13th District
Maxine Waters, U.S. Representative from California’s 35th District
Al Green, U.S. Representative from Texas’s 9th District

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association
Kendrick Meek, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 17th District
Kathy Castor, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 11th District
Dick Durbin, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Phil Bredesen, Governor of Tennessee

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District (Republican)
Jim Webb, former U.S. Secretary of the Navy (Democrat)
Fred Williamson, actor
Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (Republican)
Ben Carson, neurosurgeon
Gene Simmons, musician

Debate results will be up later today, ahead of the Iowa caucus results (next debate will be up tomorrow or Monday).

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: 58
Donald Trump: 9
Kathleen Sebelius: 3
Hillary Clinton: 0
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #370 on: July 18, 2020, 02:08:57 PM »

The Donald Trump campaign would spend his time in the state of North Carolina, fighting for Mr. Mark Meadows in his Congressional Race while also looking to increase his strength and support in the region, campaigning on a very America First, Protectionist platform and reminding everyone of the following :"When I spoke out about Dennis Hastert, when I said he was guilty of what he did, Representative Paul remained silent. Even now, following the Speaker resigning after being outed as a child molester, Paul still refuses to speak. Now, I don't want an answer anymore, because we all know he's going to say that he didn't know and that Hastert is indeed a monster whereas if Hastert was found innocent, Representative Paul would say the complete opposite. At least those who supported Hastert were honest in their support for man such as him. But I believe it's time we leave it behind. Representative Paul believes you all are following me because you all know my abortion record or such things like that. Yes, I am personally pro-life, however, however, I'll allow the states to choose for themselves if they want abortions or not. It's not the right of the federal government to decide that, never has been. As for Roe v Wade, I would like individual state courts to handle it instead of having the Supreme Court be the end all, be all. Now, I hope the issue has been put to rest that the rights of the states, in my mind, comes before my own personal politics. But Representative Paul is trying to make the campaign about that when it's been clear from the very beginning that the American People want change and they want it now, a change in immigration, a change in trade, a change in just about everything because the establishment mucked it up! As for the Speakership Election, with the resignation of Hastert following his crimes, we now have a contest between Representative Boehner and Representative Blackburn, the latter of whom is taking on a very populist message that is needed for the leadership of the House. Folks, we can't let John Boehner become the Speaker or when our movement reaches office, we'll never be able to get anything done. So, call your local representatives, and request they back Blackburn for Speaker. As for the Representative herself, I would like to meet you in person and have a discussion and perhaps you can campaign for the candidates running against the incumbents who defended Hastert, to prove you're with us and not just jumping on the Bandwagon?

Our cause continues to grow and if we gain the speaker ship, then there is no telling what we'll be able to do while in the White House!
"

Trump's Surrogates would spend time campaigning for Lauzens in Illinois, Walker in Wisconsin, in their own states for their own elections, and finally in the states of Georgia and Florida to build up Trump's ground game in these states and perhaps have him lead the Top Two Parties by Election Day. The Campaign also reaches out to the Paul Campaign rather publicly to work together and get Scott Walker in the Senate and until then, they will cease any attacks between one another and will defend each other if one of the two democratic candidates attack them. The Trump Campaign also sends out a message to FOX News that they are ready for the Town Hall.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #371 on: July 18, 2020, 08:35:46 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2020, 03:15:27 PM by Mycool »

January 20-26th: South Carolina

Fly to Columbia
Rally in Columbia with Representative Clyburn

“In South Carolina, we choose the President. I am voting for Kathleen Sebelius and South Carolina should vote for Kathleen Sebelius. Kathleen has gotten to know our state over the course of this campaign, has earned the endorsement of Representative Barbara Lee, John Lewis, and the NAACP, she has listened to us when we bring our concerns to her, and she meets the moment with a plan to make the lives of all Americans better. It’s clear that there’s a real hunger for an outsider this year, and Kathleen Sebelius has the perfect balance of executive experience, outsider credentials, and an ability to build coalitions with legislators to enact her plans. When you go out to the polls, keep all of this in mind. I’ve known who I was voting for a long time, and I am confident she’s the best choice for South Carolina and The United States.”

Townhalls in Newberry and Laurens
Rally in Spartanburg with Senator John Edwards
Rally in Rock Hill
Roundtables in Chester and Winnsboro
Rally in Columbia with Representative Lewis
Townhalls in Camden and Bishopville
Rally in Florence
Townhalls in Lake City and Sumter
Townhalls in Manning and St George
Rally in North Charleston
Townhalls in Charleston suburbs
Rally in Charleston with Representative Lee
GOTV in Charleston

South Carolina isn’t viewed as a must-win by the Sebelius campaign, but they believe it will be competitive and will coordinate a surrogate schedule alongside the candidate visits in the state. Rep Barbara Lee, Rep Jim Clyburn (also the chair of the SC arm of the Sebelius campaign), and Senator John Edwards will all be joining the Governor in South Carolina. Jim Clyburn will hold rallies in Columbia and Sumter alongside smaller events across his district, coordinating the GOTV efforts in Columbia, with turnout there viewed as key to keeping the state competitive. John Edwards will campaign on the Carolina border, with rallies in Rock Hill, Spartanburg, and Greenville, where he will tout Sebelius’s ability to get Congress to work rather than being beholden to special interests. Barbara Lee will spend the majority of her time in Charleston where she will work to convince voters that supported her over Clinton to fully convert to Governor Sebelius. As for Kathleen, she will spend election day in Charleston, door knocking and phone banking to increase turnout in the state, coordinating with local NAACP chapters, Barbara Lee, and campaign staff.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #372 on: July 19, 2020, 11:39:38 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE: JAN 20TH - 26TH

January 20th - 26th | South Carolina
January 20th:
Rally in Columbia, SC with Barack Obama and Oprah Winfrey
Barnstorm in local diners and stores.
Knock on doors with Rev. Jesse Jackson

January 21st:
Meet voters in Charleston, SC
Dance in drumline in Charleston, SC
GOTV with Oprah Winfrey.
Interview with local radio station

January 22nd:
Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC with Jesse Jackson
Barnstorm at bowling alley with Sen. Barack Obama.
Tour shuttered businesses.
Attend local NAACP meeting

January 23rd:
Meet local and state volunteers in Clemson, SC
Help register new voters in Clemson, SC
Barnstorm in shopping mall
Door knock with Rev. Jesse Jackson

January 24th:
Rally in Sumter, SC
Small speech to small businesses in Sumter, SC
Interview with local newspapers
Roundtable with formerly Incarcerated black men

January 25th:
Rally in Spartanburg, SC with Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama and Rev. Jesse Jackson
Town hall on Criminal Justice Reform
Tour steel warehouses with workers
Rally in Clemson, SC with President Bill Clinton

January 26th:
GOTV efforts with Oprah Winfrey, Barack Obama, and Rev. Jesse Jackson in Columbia, SC
Interview with local news and radio stations
Small speech outside polling station before polls close.
Victory Party in Columbia, SC

The Clinton Campaign is hoping to officially have a 2 state knock out on their hands with an expected victory in South Carolina. Deploying surrogates like Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama including Civil Rights Leader Jesse Jackson. They are hoping to keep the race competitive and keep Sebelius on her heels.

They will be actively making GOTV efforts in African American rich counties which is probably their strongest base of support in South Carolina and will speak on topics such as affordable housing and Criminal Justice Reform, placing Senator Clinton as the best candidate to fight for these values.

The Campaign will hold a big rally in Columbus, SC with Senator Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, Rev. Jesse Jackson and Bill and Chelsea Clinton in attendance and will announce their intention to move onward to Florida and Super Tuesday and aiming to officially lock in a delegate lead by Super Tuesday.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #373 on: July 19, 2020, 06:15:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State, but we do not have any calls to make yet.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with a hearty early lead at this time, but we cannot yet make a call. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #374 on: July 19, 2020, 06:21:59 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Louisiana Republican caucuses and South Carolina Democratic primary edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Palmetto State, and we have a call to make.

Brokaw: These results show Senator Clinton with a hearty enough lead at this time that we are confident in our ability to call the state already. We will be back with more results after the break.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies