Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:18:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17447 times)
RGM2609
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: July 06, 2020, 10:08:28 PM »

BREAKING - Feingold, found dead in abandoned building in Northern Wyoming

The searching for Senator Russ Feingold came to a swift and sudden end today, when he was found dead in an abandoned farm in Northern Wyoming. The policemen came into the area when a citizen reported seeing dubious men entering fields which have not been used since the early 1990s. He was killed by being shot in the head, and he appears to have been dead for at least a week, around the time when the Iowa caucuses were taking place.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #326 on: July 06, 2020, 11:36:15 PM »

Senator Clinton remembers Senator Russ Feingold

In front of her NH campaign headquarters surrounded by her daughter, Chelsea Clinton, and husband Bill Clinton, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton remarked on the death of Senator Russ Feingold.

"This is truly heartbreaking and I pray for the Feingold family including Ellen and Jessica who I am praying for, it's not easy to lose a parent but I know it must be extra harder on them to lose their father in this way. They are in our prayers truly"

"Russ has a heart of gold, he always believed in what was right even if many thought he was on the wrong side of the battle, he fought for his values and that is something I will always admire in him. It's not always easy fighting for your values even when you know they are unpopular in today's political climate, but he did it with such grace and such passion I am simply awed and the United States Senate will miss him dearly"

"But something must be done and it must be done now, and that is why I am requesting a full and thorough investigation of this murder to further probe as to possible suspects and their motives. Now is the time to act, Russ would not want us moping and crying over his death he would want us getting to work and getting to the bottom of this and I intend to do so"

"So that is why I am officially calling for an FBI investigation into the death of Senator Feingold and I hope the FBI Director will move forward with my request for this investigation because it is time for us to get to the bottom of the heinous act and unite together behind the greater good of this country because as long as I am on this earth I will do everything I can to fight for those without a voice and that includes Russ Feingold"

"We ask that you all respect the Feingold's family's privacy and you give them all the time they need to recover, and the Feingold family can always contact either me or Bill for any help or guidance. Thank you all so much and may Russ Feingold rest in heavenly peace"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2020, 05:31:22 PM »

Election Results 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Wyoming caucuses and New Hampshire primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and we have a result already.

Brokaw: This is not a surprise, as Congresswoman Hart, Congressman Paul's only remaining challenger, suspended her campaign following a dismal showing in the Iowa caucuses. In the Democratic race, however, things are much less clear cut.

Brokaw: These are early results, but they give Senator Clinton an early lead in a state not far at all from her home in New York. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #328 on: July 07, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Wyoming caucuses and New Hampshire primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and we are now looking at this spread in the hotly contested Democratic primary.

Brokaw: These are incomplete results, but they give Senator Clinton a sizable lead in a state not far at all from her home in New York. Still, the race is too early to call at this time. We will be back with more results after the break.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #329 on: July 07, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Wyoming caucuses and New Hampshire primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, as well as from caucus centers in Wyoming, and we have two results.

Brokaw: We can also now make a projection regarding delegate totals in the Republican race.

Brokaw: All races have now been called, but we will continue to follow the Democratic race to better ascertain delegate totals. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and they show Senator Clinton's lead shrinking somewhat, but not enough to make us rethink our projection.

Brokaw: All races have now been called, but we will continue to follow the Democratic race to better ascertain delegate totals. Stay tuned.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2020, 05:54:05 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: The final results are now coming in from precincts across the Granite State, and they show Senator Clinton's lead bouncing back to almost twelve points.

Brokaw: We now have the necessary information, as well, to assign delegates in this race...

Brokaw: ...which will also allow us to show you the state of the race at large.

Brokaw: Such a close race overall set to make for a tough fight going into Michigan next week. Thank you so much for tuning in, and good night.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2020, 06:09:47 PM »
« Edited: July 07, 2020, 06:39:52 PM by Cabbage »

PHASE III, TURN III: THE PREMATURE PENINSULAR PRIMARY

And so now it is Senator Clinton who keeps the primaries competitive as she manages to defeat Governor Sebelius in New Hampshire. Now assured to remain a strong contender, both she and the Governor turn their eyes to Michigan, a state flush with delegates which promise to be a significant boon in a race where Sebelius leads by 3.

Among the Republicans, Congressman Paul now stands unstoppable following two massive wins in Wyoming and New Hampshire. The only question seems to be whether he wants to use his significant stock of political capital to get his primary competitors to endorse him outright, or whether he'll simply accept their endorsements at the convention as he tries to woo the evangelical right on his own merits.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump finds an interesting scenario in the upcoming Senate special election in Wisconsin. Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker looks likely to be the Republican standard bearer in the race. Senator Sessions sees Walker as "strong on immigration," but, like many Republicans, he appears hesitant to completely disassociate himself with free trade. Despite this, Walker has asked Trump for his support, stating "people here are telling me that they see things your way, and the more I look at it, the more I agree with them." Will Trump support Walker and, if so, will he pressure him to adopt a stance on trade deals more in line with Trump's own?

This turn will be due on July 11 IRL, and will go through January 15th in-game.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2020, 07:51:37 PM »

Hillary Clinton address supporters in Manchester

Thank you! Thank you all so much and thank you to the great state of New Hampshire!

Over the past few months, weeks, days, and even hours. I have listened to you and in the process, I have found my own voice. I have heard your stories, your visions for the future and I simply can not wait till we make that a reality. Your concerns are my concerns, and together we can give America the comeback New Hampshire has given me!

I also would like to give a round of applause to Governor Sebelius who ran a strong operation here in New Hampshire and I can't wait to continue our spirited dialogue in Michigan and all over the country because that is what America needs!

The American dream is simple if you work hard and play by the rules you should be able to provide for you and your family, and for too long that dream has sometimes seemed to not exist, but I assure you that there is such thing as the American dream and we can build it up better and stronger than before because that is the American we must believe in!

As we move forward to Michigan and Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida I feel an extreme sense of gratitude for the faith the people of New Hampshire have put in me, and I want to make it very clear that Hillary Clinton is in this race for the long haul! Because together we can build the America we want to see for our children and our grandchildren!

So I say let's get to work on improving the future of our country and making an impact because together we can do whatever we set our minds too and that is a good thing, my friends! it is your time and let's keep it that way, let's expand opportunities for Americans no matter their background, race, gender, or sexual orientation. Let's give every single American access to quality affordable healthcare! Let's fight hate with love and let's win this election! Thank you New Hampshire and on to Michigan!
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #334 on: July 07, 2020, 09:01:34 PM »

RON PAUL SPEAKS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE

Today, Ron Paul spoke to supporters following the results in Wyoming and New Hampshire. He touched on the election, but also on the recent passing of Senator Feingold.

"Thank you! Thank you all!

Well I was just watching the television a few minutes ago, and they announced that a man by the name of Ron Paul had won New Hampshire! But you know, I didn't do it alone. I couldn't do it alone. I had a great team, great supporters, and a great number of people who are attracted to our small government conservative message. This is their night, they made all of this possible, so let's give them a round of applause.

Just a few days ago, Congresswoman Hart ended her run for the nomination, leaving us the only campaign still standing. We can only assume that I am the presumptive Republican nominee for the general election this year. Who would have thought this would be happening, and so quickly at that? Just a year ago, this campaign was just a handful of people, and I was unknown beyond a politically savy group of people. Now, we are on our way to winning this election. This really means the world to me, I-I'm almost at a loss for words. Thank you all so much, your faith in me has touched me profoundly, and no matter how things turn out down the pike, I'll always know I have such loyal supporters, friends even, to fall back on.

In the coming days, our team will begin reaching out to all kinds of groups, indivduals, and sides of the party in order to bring them together into a force to be reckoned with, one that can keep conservatives together and win this election. Congressional leaders, state organizers, and local grassroots organizations from every corner of the country must be included. We must put aside our differences, and unite for a common cause, or else we will have four more years of the Clinton Dynasty.

Also tonight, there is something which must be urgently addressed. Senator Russ Feingold was found in Wyoming, and unfortunately it would appear he was murdered. This must be a trying time for his family, so I won't dwell on this unfortunate turn of events for too long. But we must recognize that this is an evil act. Doing such things to the late senator and his family are purely evil, and this has no place in America. We don't do this here. We don't harass people, we don't kidnap people, and we certainly don't murder them just for politics. What kind of a world are we living in? What kind of person or people would do this? As the presumptive Republican candidate, I am standing with Senator Clinton and others by calling for a full, thorough, and unbiased investigation. My wife and I send our full condolences to the Feingolds, and I will hopefully have the opportunity to speak with them in the near future. I can only imagine what it must feel like to be in their shoes right now. My God.

As I finish now, I am asking for the support of the party, and for prayers for the Feingolds. We must remember that at the end of the day, we are all Americans, and we are all humans. Let us devout ourselves to re-making a nation where people are treated with respect and kindness, and let us devout ourselves to rooting out the politics and causes of such evils in our country. Thank you, and Good night.

Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« Reply #335 on: July 08, 2020, 09:24:43 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Speaks to Supporters

"I want to thank New Hampshire for showing up and showing such enthusiasm in our nominating process. Tonight, we came up short, but we still have a lead in delegates and a long fight for the nomination ahead of us! I want to congratulate Senator Clinton on her win tonight, and thank every volunteer and campaign worker for pouring your heart and soul into this race.

We can't grow weary and have to take this fight onward to Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and Super Tuesday. I believe that our grassroots support can and will win this nomination. Together we can fight corruption in Washington, say no to politics as usual, and pave a new way forward. Thank you!"
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #336 on: July 08, 2020, 10:03:36 AM »

RON PAUL AD "SERVICE"

"He has lived a lifetime of service, from serving his country..."

"...to serving his community..."

"...and serving in the halls of Congress."

"Now, he wants to serve one last time, as president."

“Washington is full of establishment politicians, corrupt interests, and status quo attitudes. America needs a conservative fighter in there to shake things up. I’m Ron Paul. I’ve spent a lifetime of service to this country, and I want to take it to the final level so we can get rid of the waste, infringement, and establishment machine that gets nothing done."

I'm Ron Paul, and I approve this message."

Ron Paul's campaign is continuing to run ads for a time to help voters form a favorable opinion of him early on. The ad is being run in select media markets in the following states, which is a combination of upcoming primary states, states where the campaign thinks Trump could be taking support away from Paul, and states the campaign expects to be contested battlegrounds in the election.

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #337 on: July 08, 2020, 12:03:22 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Releases Statement on Russ Feingold

"Like the rest of the country, I'm saddened to learn about what happened to Russ Feingold, and I've already spoken to his family privately. Our loss of him is a true tragedy, and I hope the FBI can provide some answers to his family. While it would be easy to focus on the salacious details of this investigation, we should focus on Russ's life and accomplishments.

Russ Feingold was a true fighter for the people of Wisconsin, an outsider who didn't let Washington corrupt his ideals and goals. He spent his life serving the people of his state, working to achieve a fairer, more just country.

He will be missed by the people he represented, those inspired by his Presidential run, and most of all, his family. I pray his family is able to get some closure, and I ask that they receive the privacy to grieve in peace."
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #338 on: July 08, 2020, 02:53:48 PM »

Donald Trump Speech for Scott Walker

Quote from: Donald Trump
Yet again, I'm impressed by the size of the crowd here. Be you guys Republicans, Democrats, or Independents, you're here to listen to a message about making America great once again, one that more and more people are agreeing with and rallying around because, as a message, it is the very thing that will bring us together. Today, I'm here to speak about the Wisconsin Special Election and give my endorsement to a certain individual who is here with us today. However, before I speak, I must say this : A United States Senator has been murdered, a Senator! Whatever your thoughts on Russ, whatever your thoughts on Establishment politicians, none of them deserve death or to be killed. I want a massive federal investigation into this and if this doesn't convince congress to pass a law to give more security to our politicians so they're safer, than I don't know what will. Regardless of your thoughts on this, just know that if elected President, I'll make sure more security is given to Senators and Representatives so they only thing they'll lose is their election instead of their lives, that's a promise!

Now, for the endorsement! Today, I am here to speak for a great man, the presumptive Republican Nominee for this Senate race, Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker! If he is able to win this seat, it'll be one less seat for President Gore and the Crony establishment of both parties and one more for our movement that is taking America by storm! With Scott in congress, you can have no doubt that on immigration, we'll get stuff done and bring an end to the troubled state our immigration system is currently in as we all agree that it is in need of total reform! However, I know a few concerns you all have for Mr. Walker about his stance on Free Trade, with many being unwilling to support him due to him being unwilling to disassociate himself with the idea completely. Don't be nervous, because I spoke to him last night. Me and him had a very long conversation that went on for hours and I eventually convinced how damaged and left behind America has become because of the so called 'free trade' policies of the Presidents of the past. We see our businesses move to China, Japan, India, South Korea, countries that have less human rights laws or restrictions when it comes to worker safety, all to make a quick buck while leaving millions of our own citizens to suffer a life without work and barely scraping by enough cash to put food on the table for their families. He realized that so much suffering has been because of 'free trade' and that the only way to end it is to tear it apart and make a far better version of it than before! So, when it comes to trade, know that now, Mr. Walker will undoubtedly support our movement on trade and will work to see that our ideas are seen and passed through congress. I pledge to campaign as hard as possible for him these next few months so he wins his Senate race as this will be one of the most important ones going into the general election.

Now, one more thing, as for Melissa Hart dropping out of the Republican Primary, I still have my own doubts about what Representative Paul has said about it, as I'm sure so many others do have, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now unless more details comes out of what happened. As for the Republican Primary, while I won't tell the people what to do, as it's up to them to decide what's best, make sure that Paul knows this isn't a coronation as he isn't an incumbent President, as even the Democrats, who have a President in office, currently have a competitive Primary that I want to see continue to the end with the winner of every vote being seen as the nominee instead of the winner of the delegate counts. And as for what Paul will likely say in response to this, I do not control whoever votes or who they vote for, so just know that every vote counts, no matter how small.

The Trump Campaign decided to spend the interlude between New Hampshire and Michigan in the state of Wisconsin, looking to build up more support for Trump in the rust belt as well as help Scott Walker in his campaign. Tim Allen campaigns for Trump in Michigan to spread his message to more Blue Collar voters and rally around his Independent campaign while Williamson remains in California to rally more and more of the most populated state around Trump's banner and message. Jeff Sessions, Jimmy Duncan, and Jim Webb continue to campaign in the South for Trump while campaigning for their own seats. Joe Arpaio continues to campaign on Trump's immigration message, mainly focusing on Texas and even Florida to rally legal immigrants and undecided pro-immigration reform citizens to the MAGA cause. Paul E. Valley goes to Florida and Texas to focus mostly on the veterans in those states in the hopes to continue to rally more of them to Trump's Big Stick ideas, Rudy Giulani continues to campaign in New England on Trump's trade ideas and his America First policy that'll keep the country safe, mostly focusing on New York City and Boston. Finally, while Flynn works to build Trump's support in Kansas and Oklahoma in the hopes to help him win them in November, The Constitution Party works on building Trump's campaign finances and structure in every state in order to give him a better chance at picking up at least one state in November in comparison to Ross Perot in 1992.

The campaign can't wait to see the results from the next round of polling.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2020, 11:39:31 AM »

RON PAUL MICHIGAN SCHEDULE

January 9-11: Return home; district duties; begin formulating election strategy

January 12: Rally in Grand Rapids, MI
                   Rally in Lansing, MI

January 13: Meet with Michigan evangelical leaders & pastors in Royal Oak, MI

January 14: Speak at Hillsdale University, Hillsdale, MI
                   Meet with volunteers at Hillsdale

January 15: Rally in Detroit, MI
                   Make remarks after the results

The Paul campaign is making moves to shore up support and make connections to more evangelical and traditional conservative Republicans. Both of these groups are critical, and the campaign is making every effort to make sure they are supporting the congressman.

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #340 on: July 09, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »

Kathleen Sebelius Runs Ad "Fair Trade"

"Politicians in Washington often insist that you're either pro-free trade with no restrictions or that you're a full-throated protectionist."

"I'm running for President to advocate a new way forward, and that includes in our trade policy."

"As President, I'll fight to ensure the American worker has a representative at the table when it comes to our trade deals. This starts with working with Mexico and Canada to renegotiate NAFTA, making sure the new deal is fair to both the American worker and the  environment."

"I'll work with our allies to strengthen the International Labor Organization and create international treaties to set an environmental standard for global trade."

"As your President, I'll work to make sure every worker gets a fair shake and we have a policy of fair trade."
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2020, 05:59:07 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by victories in Wyoming and New Hampshire for presumptive Republican nominee Ron Paul and in New Hampshire for Senator Hillary Clinton.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Congressman Paul himself. Congressman, how are you tonight?

Paul: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, with Congresswoman Hart dropping out, you appear to have locked up the Republican nomination with incredible speed. How do you intend to capitalize on this advantage over the Democrats, who appear to have a long fight ahead of them for the nomination?

Paul: We plan on and have already begun the process of trying to bring the party together, that is the main focus right now. Rather than doing this in June or July, we can do that right now in January, and that is incredible. I don’t think this has ever happened quite like it is for us. So, we need the Republican Party together, we need our resources, our money, our infrastructure, and our voters on board with the campaign, or else we lose. We are neck and neck with the Democrats in the polls, and Mr. Trump is rapidly closing in. Republicans need to understand that any defections or lack of enthusiasm will result in a fifth term for the Clintons, and we simply cannot afford that.

Brokaw: A push for party unity as the race remains close. Now then, Republican Senate candidate Scott Walker requested that independent presidential candidate Donald Trump support his bid to pick up the seat of the late Senator Feingold. Do you intend to campaign for him, as well, and does it concern you at all that he asked Trump for help first?

Paul: I haven’t given much thought to that so far. I can only imagine that as the presumptive nominee that I have some duty to help our candidates unless they explicitly ask us, but we have not discussed that yet. As for him asking Trump, it’s all politics to me. I think Scott understands that Trump holds sway over a considerable number of voters, and that in order to win he needs that support. If Trump were polling at, say, 5% or so, he wouldn’t be asking him at all to help. So again, it’s all politics if you ask me.

Brokaw: The importance of taking help where necessary, all part of the game. Now then, as happened with Donald Trump and the Constitution Party a few months ago, voices in the Libertarian Party have begun calling for a “united front of liberty,” supporting your bid for President and not nominating a candidate of their own. Would you accept their support if offered, and why or why not?

Paul: If the Libertarian Party approached my campaign and seriously said “we want to nominate you,” I’d probably accept. I’ve been saying from the start, we need to bring in everyone, not just Republicans. With an election as close as this, we need libertarians, independents, political newcomers, and even some Democrats. Now I don’t agree with the Libertarian Party on everything, but I think they support the general gist of my campaign, and hopefully their members would be open to that. I think they’re just as concerned about four more years of the Clintons as we are, Tom.

Brokaw: A united front against the Democratic juggernaut. Finally, Congressman, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Paul: If I could, I would tell them not to be nervous about us. We’ve been painted by the Democrats, the media, and others to look like some radical, crazy group when in reality we’re not. Look us up on the internet, reach out to our volunteers, come see us in person. Our campaign has a very common sense, appealing message that comes directly from the Founders of this country. We have the chance to win the White House for the first time in a long time, so let’s not squander it. The Clinton/Gore machine has had control for 16 years, how have they not solved the problems by now? And they want a fifth term? No thanks.

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Congressman.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Sunday, but that may be subject to change.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2020, 09:31:09 PM »

Roll out free trade policy: As Governor, Kathleen Sebelius opened up avenues for trade for Kansan industries. Our policy should respect and promote free trade, but with renewed labor and environmental rules. Work internationally to set standards for environmental impact, strengthen the International Labor Organization's enforcement of labor rights like freedom of association, and renegotiate NAFTA to fit these standards.

January 9-15: Michigan

Fly to Detroit
Rally in Detroit with John Conyers
Speak at UAW HQ in Detroit, highlight plan to renegotiate NAFTA

"Look, I think politicians in Washington meant the best when they make trade deals like NAFTA, but good intentions aren't enough when it comes to public policy. The truth is, NAFTA needs to be reworked. Every stop I make in the Midwest, someone tells me the next President needs to come at trade from a different angle. That's why I rolled out my policy plan for free trade because American workers deserve a President who stands up for them at the negotiating table. We have to pave a new path forward on trade, and not pretend like everything is working."

Townhalls with union members in Dearborn, Livonia, and Canton
Speak at the University of Michigan with Barbara Lee
Roundtables with business leaders in Brighton and Fowlerville
Rally in Lansing
Speak at Michigan State University on Sebelius's plan for education
Townhalls in Charlotte and Marshall
Rally in Battle Creek

"Democrats can't take the Midwest for granted this year, just because we've done well in the past two Presidential elections doesn't mean we can take the region for granted. I grew up in Ohio and moved to Kansas, and have spent my time in public service trying to make the state better for every person in it. As your President, I won't forget about you, I won't just show up to win your vote, and I won't continue the Washington-style of big promises with no plan of action to deliver it. As your President, I will hold special interests accountable, modernize our governmental systems, and shine a light on how your tax dollars are being spent."

Speak at Western Michigan University
Rally in Grand Rapids
Rally in Lansing with Governor Jennifer Granholm
Rally with John Conyers and Barbara Lee in Detroit

Surrogate Schedule and GOTV:

While in Michigan, Kathleen Sebelius will be joined by Representative Barbara Lee, Representative John Conyers, and Governor Jennifer Granholm. Barbara Lee will spend her time speaking at universities, working to excite young people who don't usually turn out in the primaries, she will focus on Sebelius's status as an outsider and plan to make education affordable for everyone. On election day, she will coordinate with the Ann Arbor campaign team and knock on doors for Governor Sebelius, hoping to increase turnout there. John Conyers will spend his time campaigning in his home city of Detroit, speaking with voters across the city on Sebelius's plan for trade and her Midwestern roots. He will spearhead the Detroit GOTV effort, working to increase the turnout in the city. Jennifer Granholm will campaign on Sebelius's behalf in Lansing, Grand Rapids, and Traverse City, highlighting the executive experience a Governor will bring to the office of the President. As for Kathleen Sebelius herself, she will join Barbara Lee and John Conyers in Detroit for a rally and then work with Conyers in Detroit to get last-minute voters to the polls.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #343 on: July 11, 2020, 07:47:28 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2020, 07:30:46 PM by Cabbage »

Morning Consult Democratic Primary Poll, 29-31 December 2007
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 47%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 46%

Morning Consult Republican Primary Poll, 29-31 December 2007
Representative Ron Paul - 89%
"Someone Else" - 8%

Who would you vote for in the 2008 general election?
Democratic Nominee - 34%
Republican Nominee - 34%
Mr. Donald Trump - 23%

Endorsements

Democrats

Hillary Clinton
Dianne Feinstein, U.S. Senator from California
Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
Frank Cownie, Mayor of Des Moines, Iowa
Planned Parenthood
Tom Daschle, U.S. Senator from South Dakota
Tom Harkin, U.S. Senator from Iowa
Leonard Boswell, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 3rd District
Kamala Harris, District Attorney for San Francisco
Chuck Schumer, U.S. Senator from New York
Blanche Lincoln, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Mark Pryor, U.S. Senator from Arkansas
Ted Kennedy, U.S. Senator from Massachusetts
Oprah Winfrey, TV show host
Lou D’Allesandro, New Hampshire State Senator
Jesse Jackson, civil rights leader
Sioux City Journal
Bruce Braley, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 1st District
Dick Clark, former U.S. Senator from Iowa
AFL-CIO, major labor union
John Lynch, Governor of New Hampshire
Neal Smith, former U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th and 5th Districts
Des Moines Register
John A. Durkin, former U.S. Senator from New Hampshire
Barack Obama, U.S. Senator from Illinois
Nancy Pelosi, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
Elijah Cummings, U.S. Representative from Maryland's 7th District
Culinary Workers Union
Ted Strickland, Governor of Ohio
Bill Nelson, U.S. Senator from Florida
Carl Levin, U.S. Senator from Michigan
Harry Reid, U.S. Senator from Nevada

Kathleen Sebelius
Ben Nelson, U.S. Senator from Nebraska
Claire McCaskill, Governor of Missouri
Janet Napolitano, Governor of Arizona
Bill Richardson, Governor of New Mexico
Betty Castor, U.S. Senator from Florida
Barbara Lee, U.S. Representative from California's 9th District
NAACP
Xavier Becerra, U.S. Representative from California's 31st District
Jim Clyburn, U.S. Representative from South Carolina’s 6th District
John Lewis, U.S. Representative for Georgia’s 5th District
Patty Judge, former Iowa Secretary of Agriculture
Gavin Newsom, Mayor of San Francisco
Barbara Boxer, U.S. Senator from California
Jennifer Granholm, Governor of Michigan
Brian Schweitzer, Governor of Montana
Bernie Sanders, U.S. Senator from Vermont (Independent)
Tom Vilsack, former Governor of Iowa
Jeanne Shaheen, former Governor of New Hampshire
John Conyers, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 14th District
United Auto Workers, labor union
Sanford Bishop, U.S. Representative from Georgia's 2nd District
Deval Patrick, Governor of Massachusetts
Debbie Stabenow, U.S. Senator from Michigan
John Dingell, U.S. Representative from Michigan’s 15th District
John Edwards, U.S. Senator from North Carolina
National Education Association

Republicans

Ron Paul
Walter B. Jones, U.S. Representative from North Carolina’s 3rd District
Gary Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico
George Allen, U.S. Senator from Virginia
Chuck Grassley, U.S. Senator for Iowa
Adam Putnam, U.S. Representative from Florida’s 12th District
Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor of California
Mike Pence, U.S. Representative from Indiana’s 6th District
Tom Latham, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 4th District
Steve King, U.S. Representative from Iowa’s 5th District
Chuck Norris, actor
Kid Rock, musician
Marco Rubio, Speaker of the Florida House of Representatives
Newt Gingrich, former Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives
Nancy Reagan, former First Lady of the United States
Terry Branstad, former Governor of Iowa
Pat Buchanan, former White House Communications Director
Mark Sanford, Governor of South Carolina
Clint Eastwood, actor
Bill Weld, former Governor of Massachusetts
Craig Benson, former Governor of New Hampshire
Rick Perry, Governor of Texas

Melissa Hart
None

Independents

Donald Trump
Jeff Sessions, U.S. Senator from Alabama (Republican)
Tim Allen, actor
United States Constitution Party
Paul E. Vallely, retired U.S. major general
Jimmy Duncan, U.S. Representative from Tennessee's 2nd District (Republican)
Jim Webb, former U.S. Secretary of the Navy (Democrat)
Fred Williamson, actor
Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, Arizona (Republican)
Rudy Giuliani, former Mayor of New York City (Republican)
Ben Carson, neurosurgeon
Gene Simmons, musician

Debate results will be up later today, ahead of the Iowa caucus results (next debate will be up tomorrow or Monday).

Remaining Credits:

Ron Paul: 40
Donald Trump: 4
Kathleen Sebelius: 2
Hillary Clinton: 1
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #344 on: July 11, 2020, 01:12:13 PM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - JANUARY 9TH - 15TH

January 9th - 15th | Michigan

January 9th:
Knock on doors in Detroit, MI
Roundtable on Criminal Justice Reform
Tour shuttered down warehouse.
Meet union leaders.

January 10th:
Attend opening of GM Plant
Door knock in Grand Rapids, MI
Meet campaign volunteers in Grand Rapids, MI

January 11th:
Rally in Flint, MI
Town hall in Flint, MI on Economic Issues
Phone bank in Flint, MI
Knock on doors in Flint, MI

January 12th:
Knock on doors in Ann Arbor, MI
Phone bank in Ann Arbor, MI
Meet local party leaders in Ann Arbor, MI
Fundraiser in Ann Arbor, MI

January 13th:
Interview with local radio station in Saginaw, MI
Roundtable on Social Status issues
Participate in litter clean up in Saginaw, MI
Knock on doors in Saginaw, MI

January 14th:
Rally in Lansing, MI
Knock on doors in Lansing, MI
Town hall on Criminal Justice Reform
Phone bank in Lansing, MI

January 15th:
Interview with local radio station in Detroit, MI
Door knock in Detroit, MI
Phone bank in Detroit, MI
Election Watch Party in Detroit, MI

The Clinton Campaign is entering Michigan with an underdog status, not drawing much attention to themselves but instead meeting with voters privately and holding town halls and roundtables to voice their concerns. The campaign is also introducing a bold more direct policy approach. Repeal and Replace NAFTA.

Adding in a new section to her Michigan Stump Speech, Clinton adds. “We have tried reform, reform hasn’t worked, it is time to officially repeal NAFTA and replace it with a system that benefits our great American workers here in the midwest and all across this country!”

Clinton will hold a watch rally in Detroit, Michigan on primary night hoping to shock the country with a win in Michigan saying to supporters: “My opponent has the entire Michigan state apparatus on her side, but we have something extra special, we have the voters! We have the people! And we will shock the world!”
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #345 on: July 11, 2020, 02:50:50 PM »

Trump plans to use the two newest endorsements he's received, Ben Carson and Gene Simmons to increase his support among disaffect gen X voters as well as increase his support from within the African American community, using Carson in the South and in Illinois and Michigan while Simmons is sent to California to rally more support among these sorts of voters.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #346 on: July 11, 2020, 05:26:03 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Michigan primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and we have an unsurprising projection.

Brokaw: Congressman Paul with an easy victory; meanwhile, there is a more spirited race on the Democratic side.

Brokaw: A tough race going into the night; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #347 on: July 11, 2020, 05:31:17 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Michigan primaries edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius appears to be widening her lead at this point.

Brokaw: Whether or not this holds up as the night goes on, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #348 on: July 11, 2020, 05:35:49 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius's lead appears to be leveling off.

Brokaw: Whether or not this continues to hold up as the night goes on, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #349 on: July 11, 2020, 05:42:04 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from precincts across the Wolverine State, and Governor Sebelius's lead is rising a little more at this time.

Brokaw: Whether or not Senator Clinton can yet turn this around, we will have to wait and see; stay tuned as we bring you more results from Michigan.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies