Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 07:47:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19
Poll
Question: How many primary debates should there be?

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 14

Author Topic: Blood, Sweat, and Gore Gameplay Thread  (Read 17443 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 04, 2020, 10:52:13 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Pre-Iowa Schedule and GOTV

January 1-3: Iowa

Fly to Des Moines
Unity Rally in Des Moines with Barbara Lee and Brian Schweitzer

“I have to thank Barbara and Brian for being here today and for endorsing this campaign. We all three know what it’s like to go up against the establishment in Washington DC, and I’m so proud to have you both on this stage with me. We won’t win this campaign with endorsements, we will only win if people are engaged and energized. I hope all of you who supported Barbara Lee or Brian Schweitzer will show up and caucus for me on the 3rd, because together we can pave a new way forward.”

Rallies in Marshalltown and Waterloo

Rally in Cedar Rapids, join team there for GOTV

Leading up to caucus day, surrogates for Kathleen Sebelius will shift their focus to activate the GOTV infrastructure the Governor had been laying. Senator Ben Nelson, a longtime supporter from the neighboring state of Nebraska, will actively campaign in the southwestern portion of Iowa, highlighting Sebelius’ record of bipartisanship as Governor. He will spend caucus day in Sioux City with Governor Brian Schweitzer. Governor Schweitzer will capitalize on his rural support, with events from Des Moines to Sioux City, where he talked to voters about Sebelius’ support of the second amendment while also being the last outsider in the race. Representative Barbara Lee showed strength in cities and amongst young voters, so she will spend her time in Des Moines, holding small events across the city and meeting with the staff and volunteers to coordinate caucusgoer outreach. Finally, Governor Claire McCaskill will hold townhalls across southern Iowa, with explainers on what to expect when you caucus. She will highlight Sebelius’ executive experience and plan to make Washington work for the people. On caucus night, she will coordinate GOTV efforts in Iowa City.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #301 on: July 04, 2020, 01:19:55 PM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN WRAPS UP IOWA OPERATIONS
And so the Hillary For President campaign is finally wrapping up it's Iowa operations. After Mrs. Clinton herself decided to door knock with supporters and call voters, the Clinton Campaign sent an estimated 10,000+ pamphlets of information on their candidate.

The Campaign has remained optimistic about Iowa and Senator Clinton herself boldly proclaimed: "We're going to win big tonight!", The Senator has been rallying with Senator Tom Harkin of Iowa and Former Senator Dick Clark from Iowa, she has also been doing numbers of interviews with the Des Moines Register and the Sioux City Journal which endorsed her yesterday.

The Senator will address her supporters in the Roosevelt High School gymnasium with her daughter Chelsea and Fmr. President Bill Clinton by her side. Clinton has said she will move forward with the campaign no matter what happens in Iowa.

Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: 0.52

« Reply #302 on: July 04, 2020, 01:43:03 PM »

AP RELEASES POLLS ON WHO WON THIRD PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES

Following CNN News's second presidential debates for both parties, the Associated Press took a poll to ascertain who was found to have done the best overall; here are the results:

AMONG INDEPENDENTS:
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 33.8%
Representative Ron Paul - 27.4%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 24.8%
Mr. Donald Trump - 14.0% (continued protest vote over lack of second Trump townhall)

AMONG DEMOCRATS (DEMOCRATS ONLY):
Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 55.8%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 44.2%

AMONG REPUBLICANS (REPUBLICANS ONLY):
Representative Ron Paul - 99.2%
Various Protest Votes - 0.8%

These polls showing a critical debate victory for Governor Sebelius ahead of the Iowa caucuses, which many pundits believe could make or break her campaign. However, these results are a marked improvement for Senator Clinton, who previously had struggled to win over many voters in these debates, even winning over almost a quarter of independents, a constituency among which she failed to break into double digits in the last debate. Meanwhile, Congressman Paul had the only memorable debate performance, winning more than 99% of support from Republicans. Of the few protest votes, most were unsurprisingly for Donald Trump, who has seen his meteoric rise fueled yet further as the Feingold family appears to stoke the insidious rumors surrounding Senator Clinton. As a result of this, Fox News has finally agreed to give him a second townhall, offering him five questions with no limit on response length. The New York businessman, whom some right-wing pundits are now comparing more to Theodore Roosevelt in 1912 than Ross Perot in 1992, has yet to respond to this offer, but many of his backers are hopeful he will accept.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #303 on: July 04, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »

Election Results 2008
with your host, Tom Brokaw

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's special Iowa caucuses edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: The first results are now coming in from caucus centers across the Hawkeye State, and we have a result already.

RON PAUL WINS THE IOWA REPUBLICAN CAUCUSES

Representative Ron Paul - 76.7%
Representative Melissa Hart - 18.6%
Others - 4.7%

Brokaw: Not a surprising result, as Paul was largely viewed as the frontrunner in this race, with a hearty lead in most polls. Meanwhile, we have a much closer race on the Democratic side:

Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 51.2%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 45.9%
Others - 2.9%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius now leading in Iowa, but only a small fraction of the vote in, as about 1% of caucus sites are reporting. Stay tuned for more election results.

Brokaw: Until then, I'm Tom Brokaw, and this has been your Election Update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: July 04, 2020, 03:21:28 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Iowa caucuses edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from caucus centers across the Hawkeye State, as we continue to watch the hotly contested Democratic race, as Congressman Paul has already won the Republican caucuses.

Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 53.0%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 44.6%
Others - 2.4%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius still leading in Iowa, with now about 25% of caucus sites reporting. Stay tuned for more election results.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #305 on: July 04, 2020, 03:23:44 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome back to tonight's special Iowa caucuses edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from caucus centers across the Hawkeye State, as we continue to watch the hotly contested Democratic race, as Congressman Paul has already won the Republican caucuses.

Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 52.6%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 45.1%
Others - 2.3%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius still leading, although Senator Clinton has shrunk the margin a little, with now about 50% of caucus sites reporting. Stay tuned for more election results.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: July 04, 2020, 03:29:32 PM »

Election Results 2008

Brokaw: More results are now coming in from caucus centers across the Hawkeye State, and we can make a call in the hotly contested Democratic race.

KATHLEEN SEBELIUS WINS THE IOWA DEMOCRATIC CAUCUSES

Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 52.2%
Senator Hillary Clinton - 44.5%
Others - 3.3%

Brokaw: Governor Sebelius having now won, this will conclude our coverage of tonight's caucuses. Final results and delegate counts will be up shortly. Thank you so much for tuning in to tonight's special edition of your election update.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: July 04, 2020, 03:34:51 PM »

FINAL RESULTS, 2008 IOWA CAUCUSES

Democrats

Governor Kathleen Sebelius - 53.0%, 27 delegates

Senator Hillary Clinton - 44.9%, 18 delegates

Republicans

Representative Ron Paul - 79.6%, 37 delegates
Representative Melissa Hart - 17.6%, 3 delegates

Sorry this was so quick, but due to the nature of the holiday I figured I'd get this out early so it doesn't mess with anyone's evening holiday plans.
VirginiaAaron
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #308 on: July 04, 2020, 03:39:00 PM »

Guess I'm not doing graphics anymore..
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #309 on: July 04, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

RON PAUL SWEEPS IOWA

Just minutes after the caucus sites closed, Ron Paul was declared the winner of Iowa without a doubt. Soon after, Congressman Paul spoke to a thunderous crowd of supporters in Des Moines. Here's an excerpt of his speech:

"When we started 11 months ago, our campaign was polling at just 5% nationwide and 11% here in Iowa. Tonight, we are polling at nearly 70% nationwide, and Iowa, you just gave us nearly 80% of your support!

This is just the first step in our efforts to bring back the vision of our founders: A small government of, by and for the people. No other candidate in a competitive primary in recent history can claim the mandate we received here tonight. Together, we will go forward and win every state on our path to the nomination. And after that, we're marching on Washington to bring American values and ideals back to our national government.

I must take some time to thank the people who supported us, whether it be through word of mouth, donating, volunteering, or most importantly, voting. I also want to congratulate my friend and colleague Melissa Hart, who has run a great campaign focused on many of the same issues as ours. I look forward to a healthy and lively competition with her in the coming days.

So in conclusion, thank you for your endorsement of this movement. It's on to bigger and brighter things, but no matter what happens ahead, I'll always remember these days spent here, and this night especially. God bless y'all! Let's keep moving forward!"

RGM2609
« Reply #310 on: July 04, 2020, 03:49:59 PM »

Widespread searching for Senator Feingold, organized in the entire country

Former staffers of the defunct Feingold campaign, as well as from Our Revolution and other progressive organizations have made a public appeal to the population to search for Senator Feingold, who has been missing for about 3 weeks. The call was repeated by Jessica Feingold Lieberson in a public statement. However, despite thousands answering it, Feingold is still missing and no clues were found to help with the disappearance, making the effort a failure.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: July 04, 2020, 04:17:34 PM »

Sorry, m8. After a while, I thought you just got busy or something, like a lot of the players.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: July 04, 2020, 06:49:30 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by twin victories in Iowa, by Governor Kathleen Sebelius and Congressman Ron Paul, respectively.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Senator Hillary Clinton from New York. Senator, how are you tonight?

Clinton: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, as we headed into Iowa, the pundits were predicting this state could be decisive in whether this is a coronation or a grudge match. Now that Sebelius has carried the state, how do you intend to prevail in this battle?

Clinton: Well look I focused on winning Iowa, I was confident in our abilities to win Iowa, not too long ago Senator Feingold did a rally for us in Iowa and I was confident in our chances, but I believed and continue to believe that no matter what happened in Iowa, I am fully committed to working full time to winning this election and getting to work for the American people, that is my goal and I fully expect to meet that goal.

Brokaw: As the saying goes, it's not over 'til it's over. Now then, in all three recent debates, you’ve struggled to convince independents you’re right for the job, albeit you did somewhat better in the most recent of the three. How do you intend to win them over if you’re the nominee?

Clinton: I believe we need to win over all factions of the country, that involve Democrats, Republicans, and Independents. Obviously I do intend on reaching out to Independents because that is a key group that decides elections.

Independents strongly believe in issues like Universal Healthcare which I have been a supporter for almost 35 years. They also believe in issues like Criminal Justice Reform which I have also been advocating for. So I will continue to speak on these issues and I will continue to expand that message to all voters alike, including independents.

Brokaw: An appeal to the issues to dispel their skepticism. Now then, conspiracy theorists have claimed Senator Feingold’s sudden exit from the race and subsequent endorsement of you are “out of character and may have been coerced.” This has been bolstered by members of Feingold's family, who appear to be operating under the assumption he's been kidnapped. How do you respond to these claims?

Clinton: Well look I was just as shocked when Senator Feingold endorsed me as many people were. But I am absolutely humbled by Senator Feingold's endorsement, I have known Russ ever since I became First Lady of the United States and I believe he has done a great job in the United States Senate. And his support is greatly appreciated and I can't wait to work with him as President. Furthermore, the idea that I kidnapped him is really insane: is anyone in their right mind going to believe I kidnapped a competitor in a presidential contest, when literally every media spotlight is on me? There's simply no logic that connects the two.

Brokaw: A bond forged in the upper chamber, stronger than ideological difference. Finally, Senator, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Clinton: What I would say is that for the past 16 years the Democratic Party has been in it for you. And we always have been. If you look at the leadership we have seen such great success under both my husband and President Gore and we can continue that with a Clinton Administration.

So I say let's come together as American's to declare our own destiny because we can do whatever we set our minds too. And to the people of New Hampshire: Don't forget to vote for Hillary Clinton on January 8th! (laughs)

It's always a pleasure to be here Tom.

Brokaw: And to have you here as well, Senator.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Monday, but that may be subject to change.

John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #313 on: July 04, 2020, 10:06:32 PM »

Clinton address supporters in Des Moines, IA

Hello Des Moines, Iowa! and thank you!

Thank you all so much for being here at Roosevelt High School where students are due to be coming back to school after Winter Break! And I can just say by the excitement in the room tonight I don't know what we would've done if we had won!

I want to congratulate Governor Sebelius on her victory in the Hawkeye state tonight! I truly believe we ran a strong campaign and I want to congratulate our great volunteers tonight in Iowa, your effort and devotion in this race mean the world to me, and together we are going to move forward to New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina, and Florida and then all across the country!

Together we can build an America that works for the many, not the few, an America that fights for those in the lower and middle class of this country because together we can do whatever we set our minds too and that is truly remarkable my friends!

We must also look at the historic moment here my friends, no matter who our party nominates they will be the first woman nominee for a major political party and that is history-making and groundbreaking! Together we can break all barriers holding Americans back because that is what our country is built on, fighting against injustices and fighting for the greater good of who we are as a people, and as President, I will fight to protect that every single day!

This campaign is not about me, it's about every single American who dares to dream big, that is what we are made of, it is time for us to come together as a country to prove that yes we must fight all forces that seek to divide us no matter who they are or where they come from. That is the campaign I am running and it's the campaign I hope you will consider joining!

And in closing, I ask anyone who may have information on the whereabouts of Senator Russ Feingold please contact 911 or any proper authorities, Senator Feingold is a dear friend of mine and it is distressing to hear that he is missing, so please contribute any information you can to his whereabouts because we are counting on you.

But thank you Iowa, let's move on to New Hampshire and let's win this election!
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: July 04, 2020, 10:45:15 PM »

PHASE III, TURN II: WILL OF GRANITE

And so Governor Sebelius keeps the primaries competitive as she manages to defeat Senator Clinton in Iowa, boosted by both another debate victory and her unique appeal to Iowans as the Governor of a nearby state. Senator Clinton, however, not to be shaken so easily, has shifted her attentions to New Hampshire, a state where she, being from New York, hopes to perform significantly better.

Among the Republicans, many pundits are giving Ron Paul the win, as his landslide victory in Iowa has left little chance of Congresswoman Hart catching up. While the Hart campaign has yet to comment on the results, it has been noted they seem more lively than they should, and that the Congresswoman from Pennsylvania may hold out far longer than most anticipated.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump finds an exploitable circumstance in the recent disappearance of Senator Feingold. With the Feingold family claiming Hillary Clinton's campaign was involved, anti-establishment sentiment has soared nationwide, a major boon for the most formidable independent or third party candidate in nearly a century. Despite this, it may have been for the best that Trump elected not to involve himself directly, as certain groups have expressed skepticism at the lack of rationale behind such an act. As well, despite evoking the anger of many House incumbents, Trump's support of Mark Meadows has prompted dozens of other Trump supporters to challenge incumbent Republicans. Among these is Chris Lauzen, challenging House Speaker Hastert and claiming alarming charges against him. If these claims are baseless, Trump's supporting them could be embarrassing, but if Hastert actually did molest several teenage boys...

Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: July 05, 2020, 11:08:29 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius Victory Speech

P1020318 by ProgressOhio, on Flickr

"Iowa, tonight we made history! Together, we have created a movement. This is a movement that believes in the rights of the individual, believes our government should be accountable to the people, and that we all deserve the chance at the American Dream. I could not have done any of this without your support and hard work.

I want to congratulate Senator Clinton on a hard-fought contest here in Iowa. You ran a race here to be proud of. However, we're just getting started. We're going to carry this momentum over to New Hampshire and fight just as hard there as we did here.

I of course want to address the elephant in the room. If anyone knows the whereabouts or any information regarding Russ Feingold, please contact the tipline set up by the authorities. I am praying for Russ and his family."
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #316 on: July 05, 2020, 05:09:50 PM »
« Edited: July 05, 2020, 05:33:24 PM by Congrats Senator Manny Sethi »

Trump Campaign Speech for Chris Lauzen in Illinois

Quote from: Donald Trump
Hello Illinois, Hello! Wow, is it great to see all of you here to support me and another grand person, Mr. Chris Lauzen! He asked me to personally come up here and give a speech and rally for his campaign and I decided why not, right? After all, we'll need more allies in Congress or when we win, the establishment will bog down our message until we're forced to give up and listen to their demands. With someone like Lauzen, though, we'll definitely see a better America coming forward as Congress will be looking forward to work with us and do things for America, not for special interest groups or the like. I'd like to see even more people run against entrenched Senators like Mitch McConnell of Kentucky. We have people in Congress that have been in since Reagan or even, with Senators Leahy and Levin's case, Ford was in office. That was over 20 years ago and they'll still in office, doing the same establishment thing over and over again and being against America, instead for the failed idea of globalism that is harming our workers and our citizens. So, Lauzen's challenge against Hastert has my full support and I'd like for a lot of you to support him come Primary day. And as for the accusations against the Speaker, I can say that I met with the accusers personally and by god, they detail their interactions with the man so perfectly and have every single detail memorized that I truly believe them, 100%. I want the Attorney General of Illinois to investigate these accusations without a public trial to protect the identities of Hastert's victims and when they find him guilty, and I have a very strong feeling he will be, I want Hastert to be stripped of his speakership, resign from the house, be arrested, and be placed under the sex offender registry for the rest of his life. At the same time, I want everyone to take note of every sleazeball that's endorsed him and backed him so we can target them for supporting him, as there is no excuse for supporting a child molester, no sir.

I've also heard people speaking about others things, such as calling me the second coming of Theodore Roosevelt have just 96 years ago who had an amazing third party run where he came just short of winning because of the stubbornness of Taft. Now, I don't want to compare myself to him, I've taken some of his ideas because, well, they're good ideas even for the modern age and we should follow them, but I'm not as great as man as him. I mean, did you see the things he did? I'm just a humble businessman from New York, not a great explorer like him. But, I guess, there is one thing we share in common : We both love America and will do anything to keep it great! And then we have some other news to speak about. First of all, I want to congratulate Governor Sebelius and Representative Paul on their respective wins in Iowa. They both worked hard for that win and deserve it. As for their opponents, I say this to them : Keep running until the final vote has been counted, even if the Nominee has been chosen. The best part about Democracy is that we can vote for whoever we like when we like and we shouldn't let unelected individuals determine that because one candidate has the support of a majority of those individuals, democracy should be put on hold and all votes from there onwards should go to the that candidate.

Now, for the last two things. On Feingold's exit, I've been talking with people and I sort of have to agree that while I think his sister is a bit crazy, I do think at the very least a backroom deal happened rather than everything else that she claims. However, we'll only know when Russ himself comes out and explains everything. So I want you guys to message his office and ask him to make a comment. Once we get an official statement from him, without the Clintons or his family nearby, then I'll give you my complete opinion as you deserve. We just don't have all the information yet. And for Feingold's ex-supporter's, I say to you that the establishment is untrustworthy, whether or not Dena's accusations are the truth, and so I ask if you would join our movement. I won't demand it of you, for you can decide for yourselves, but with you behind us, our movement grows stronger and we'll be one step closer to making America Great Again. Finally, on this whole Feingold thing, as the fellow Democrats have said, if you have any information about his whereabouts, please contact the nearest authorities, because, even if he's from a mainstream party, he's still a human being and I care about his safety. I request that Representatives Paul and Hart do the same thing, just to unite everyone in this search.

And I've heard that Fox News has offered to give me a Town Hall with five questions and no arbitrary response length and I have to say to that yes, yes, yes! I accept that invitation and I will allow it to be one among undecided voters or those leaning towards me but unsure! I am glad to finally receive this message because its clear the American People are sick and tired of the establishment trying to muzzle me after I've grown so much. It's hard to believe that A year ago, my campaign was considered little more than a joke but now, with a potential convention coming if my deal with the heads of the Constitution Party works out, who's laughing now? With men like Mark Meadows and Chris Lauzens running on my platform for Congress, it's clear that now our campaign has clearly grabbed everyone's attentions.

Now, back on Lauzen, remember to support him and to push for the investigation into Hastert! This needs to be settled once and for all! I love you all and remember, together, with men like Lauzen and Meadows and with all of you, we will win!

For the time between Iowa and New Hampshire, Trump would campaign in New York, mainly focusing in the upstate part and the city using his messaging of Trade and how badly it's hurt the United States in recent years thanks to establishment policies before stating that he'll bring back jobs and negotiate better deals that'll make America the best exporter and #1 Manufacturer in the world once again. He has Sessions, Duncan, and Webb (when they're not campaigning for their own campaigns) campaign in the South as he uses Williamson and Allen to rally support for any potential congressional allies, General Valley is used to go to several veteran strongpoints and military bases and attempt to expand on Trump's base by explaining how Trump's foreign policy and Teddy Roosevelt ideas will make America great and safe without risking the lives of her servicemen and servicewomen so they can go home to their families waiting for them. Finally, General Flynn is sent towards Kansas, the Dakotas, and Montana to raise Trump's support there via his agricultural message while the constitution party is continued to be used for ground game and campaign organization in every state with internal polls being conducted in Alabama and Tennessee under Trump's campaign. Rudy Giulani is used in Connecticut, Rhode Island, NYC, and NJ using the same trade messages as Trump has as well as placing more effort on America first while Joe Arpaio is used in Arizona, California, Texas, and New Mexico to speaks about Trump's immigration policies and why they'll be best for America.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #317 on: July 06, 2020, 11:15:39 AM »

CLINTON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE - JAN 4TH - 8TH

January 4th - 8th | New Hampshire
January 4th:
Rally in Concord, NH
Phonebank in Concord, NH
Roundtable with “Women for Hillary”
Meet campaign volunteers
Doorknock in Concord, NH

January 5th:
Townhall on Economic Opportunities
Rally in Manchester, NH
Meet voters in Manchester, NH
Interview with local radio station
Phonebank in Manchester, NH

January 6th:
Rally in Salem, NH
Fundraiser in Salem, NH
Doorknock in Salem, NH
Meet local Democratic party leaders in Salem, NH

January 7th:
Doorknock in Nashua, NH
Interview with the local newspaper
Phonebank in Nashua, NH
Meet campaign volunteers in Nashua, NH
Rally in Nashua, NH

January 8th:
Doorknock in Manchester, NH
Phonebank in Manchester, NH
GOTV interview with the local news station
Victory Rally in Manchester NH

The Clinton campaign is turning its focus on NH further stressing the candidate's vision of change and experience for the country, she will appear in rallies with her top New Hampshire surrogates especially Governor John Lynch and President Bill Clinton. The Campaign will be focusing on her middle-class background and her parent’s influence on her.

Senator Clinton will help campaign volunteers knock on doors and call voters on phones. The campaign has mailed out over 5,000 campaign fliers explaining the campaign’s vision and goal for the country. The campaign’s future rests on New Hampshire and the campaign is seeking hope of revitalization after their narrow Iowa loss.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: July 06, 2020, 11:57:51 AM »

Kathleen Sebelius New Hampshire Schedule and GOTV

Secretary Sebelius Speaking with Reporters, UN Geneva, May 17, 2010 by United States Mission Geneva, on Flickr

January 4-8th:

Fly to Manchester
Rally in Machester on bipartisanship
Roundtables in Londonderry and Amherst
Rally with Governor Deval Patrick in Nashua
Townhalls in Hampstead and Kingston
Rally in Hampton
Rally in Portsmouth
Rally in Dover
Rally in Laconia
GOTV in Concord

Endorsement of Governor Deval Patrick

Deval Patrick by Freedom To Marry, on Flickr

"As this race has gone on, it's clear that voters want an outsider, someone who can come in and clean up Washington. In Kathleen Sebelius, we have an outsider with the right kind of experience to be President. Kathleen has been a champion for Kansas, whether in the state legislature, as Insurance Commissioner, or as Governor. She knows how to work across the aisle and get things done. I believe she is best equipped to not only manage any sort of healthcare overhaul but also making our education system fairer and more affordable."

Governor Deval Patrick will spend his time barnstorming across New Hampshire, primarily holding events across the Massachusetts-New Hampshire border. The Governor will hold major rallies in Portsmouth, Nashua, Manchester, and Keene, with a focus on Governor Sebelius' plan for education, her bipartisan record, and her support with Independents. He will be joined in outreach by former Governor Jeanne Shaheen, who will GOTV in the more rural northern portion of the state, a group that turned out heavily for Sebelius in Iowa. In events in Lancaster, Littleton, Woodstock, and Laconia, the former Governor will highlight Sebelius' support for individual liberty, including keeping abortion safe, legal, and rare, alongside her support for the Second Amendment.

Kathleen Sebelius herself will be working to GOTV in Concord. She will join campaign staff and volunteers in door-knocking, sign-waving, and phone banking, highlighting her outsider status and plan to make Washington work for the American people. On primary night, Sebelius will hold a watch party joined by Governor Patrick and former Governor Shaheen in Concord, where the Governors will speak while results come in.
zoz
Rookie

« Reply #319 on: July 06, 2020, 01:14:33 PM »

RON PAUL WYOMING/NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHEDULE

January 4: Meet with Wyoming GOP leadership, delegates, and convention attendees in Cheyenne,
                 WY

January 5: Rally in Keene, NH
                 Rally in Claremont, NH
                 Rally in Lebanon, NH
                 Rally in Plymouth, NH

January 6: Rally in Lancaster, NH
                 Rally in Berlin, NH
                 Rally in Conway, NH
                 Make phone calls with supporters

January 7: Rally in Concord, NH
                 Rally in Manchester, NH w/ Gov. Benson
                 Knock doors in Manchester w/ Gov. Benson
                 Rally in Nashua, NH w/ Gov. Weld

January 8: Rally in Portsmouth, NH w/ Govs. Benson & Weld
                 Campaign at polls & greet voters in Hampton, Dover, and Rochester, NH
                 Watch returns in hotel in Manchester, NH
                 Speak to supporters in Manchester, NH

Following the blowout victory in Iowa, the Paul campaign has no fears about losing New Hampshire, but are nevertheless putting time and resources into the state to win as many votes and delegates as possible. Congressman Paul, upon returning from Wyoming, will be spending several days stumping across the state, from north to south and east to west. An extensive volunteer effort is also in effect, with thousands of voter contacts being made every day. The campaign will end with Paul visiting several polling locations in eastern New Hampshire, and then returning to Manchester to watch the results.

NyIndy

Political Matrix
E: 0.25, S: -3.15

« Reply #320 on: July 06, 2020, 02:43:07 PM »

Melissa Hart Withdraws from Primary, Endorses Paul

"I want to thank my supporters for all of their tireless work advocating for me and conservative beliefs, but today I'm here to announce that my campaign is over. I've had some time to think since Iowa, and I believe we need to get it together this year and take back the White House for the first time in almost two decades, so I'm proud to endorse the man who can do it, Ron Paul! Thank you everyone, I'm so proud of the accomplishments our campaign was able to achieve, but now it's time to take back the White House!"
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #321 on: July 06, 2020, 02:44:45 PM »

Melissa Hart Withdraws from Primary, Endorses Paul

"I want to thank my supporters for all of their tireless work advocating for me and conservative beliefs, but today I'm here to announce that my campaign is over. I've had some time to think since Iowa, and I believe we need to get it together this year and take back the White House for the first time in almost two decades, so I'm proud to endorse the man who can do it, Ron Paul! Thank you everyone, I'm so proud of the accomplishments our campaign was able to achieve, but now it's time to take back the White House!"

Got it.
John King wannabe
AshtonShabazz

« Reply #322 on: July 06, 2020, 03:19:45 PM »

Clinton tears up in New Hampshire diner

In response to a friendly question the day before the New Hampshire primary, Senator Hillary Clinton appeared to tear up, the question remarked on how the Senator gets up every day and gets to work and this was her response as she got visibly emotional.

"Ya know, it's not easy, it's not easy. And I wouldn't do it if I didn't passionately believe it was the right thing to do, I have had so many opportunities from this country, (sniffles) and I just don't want to see us fall backward ya know?"

"This is very personal for me, it's not just political it's not just public I see what's happening, and I want to fix it. And some people think elections are a game of who's up, who's down. It's about our country, it's about our kid's futures and some of us throw ourselves out there against some pretty daunting odds, and we do it each one of us because we care about our country"

"So I am going to get out and do everything I can to do all I can for this country"

Clinton received a standing ovation from the group and after a few more questions left to call phones in Manchester, New Hampshire with volunteers and supporters.
Cabbage
DatGOTTho
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: July 06, 2020, 05:29:21 PM »

Election Update 2008

Brokaw: Good evening. I'm Tom Brokaw, and welcome to tonight's edition of Election Update 2008.

Brokaw: And tonight is marked by the leadup to New Hampshire and the dropout of Congresswoman Melissa Hart, which has made the Republican primary a de facto coronation for Congressman Ron Paul.

Brokaw: And now, of course, for our special guest tonight, Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius. Governor, how are you tonight?

Sebelius: I'm good, Tom. Glad to be here.

Brokaw: And we're glad to have you, as well. Now then, despite being counted out for most of 2007, you’ve now silenced the naysayers with you win in Iowa. Where do you intend to go from here?

Sebelius: The support from Iowa is absolutely inspiring, it has energized our campaign and I feel the momentum. The truth is, we just ran on the issues people care about, people don’t want more of the same Washington, focus-grouped messaging, they want real solutions from a new perspective. I don’t plan on resting easy after this hard-fought victory, as 49 states and our territories have yet to have their voices heard. Right now, our focus is getting our message out to Americans, it’s what worked in Iowa, and we plan on taking it to New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina, and to Super Tuesday.

Brokaw: As the saying goes, it's not over 'til it's over. Now then, your primary campaign has largely run on the fact that you’re not a part of the Washington establishment. This can also be said about Donald Trump and, to a degree, Congressman Paul. What do you believe the support all of you have received says about public opinion regarding Washington?

Sebelius: Something I noticed early on while campaigning is the insider fatigue many in our country are experiencing. Americans are tired of the same style of politics and are looking for a different way to run our country, and we’ve seen that through the primary with the candidacies of my friends Barbara Lee and Brian Schweitzer. It is a sign that our political establishment is failing us, they are promising change and progress, but delivering a watered-down version of it. It’s the reason I got in this race, to begin with because I believe we need Washington to work for the people, not party figures or special interests.

Brokaw: A call for actual progress in a time when the country needs it most. Now then, following the disappearance of Senator Feingold, while many conspiracy theorists support the Feingold family’s narrative that he may have been kidnapped by the Clinton campaign, others are beginning to suggest he has, in fact, voluntarily gone into hiding as part of an elaborate scheme to stoke anti-Clinton sentiment. Do you believe any of these rumors have credence?

Sebelius: Like many of you, I have been following this story very closely. The whole thing is very strange and lends itself to all sorts of conspiracies and rumors, however, I believe that’s dangerous waters for any of us to wade into. I pray for Russ Feingold’s swift return to public life and hope this is all just a misunderstanding between him and his family. I’ve joined Senator Clinton in calling for a thorough investigation, and I hope all of my supporters will join me against any spread of conspiracies around this. A man is missing, his family is worried, we should be cautious about what we say before more information is available.

Brokaw: A call for patience and reason when so many want to jump to uninformed conclusions. Finally, Governor, if you could say one thing to the American people, what would it be?

Sebelius: I would tell the American people not to lose hope. I know we’re in a tumultuous time, but we can accomplish great things together. We have hard work in front of us, but as your President, I will not back down from hard work to achieve the kind of progress our country needs. As we saw in Iowa, together we can build a coalition that can win everywhere, the type of coalition that can not only win elections but govern. We have a bright future ahead, one with a functional government accountable to its people, with affordable healthcare and education. I hope you’ll join this campaign to help make those goals a reality.

Brokaw: Always a pleasure to have you on, Governor Sebelius.

Sebelius: Always one to be here, Tom.

Brokaw: And that will be all for tonight. We do not have an interview scheduled for Wednesday, but that may be subject to change.

zoz
Rookie

« Reply #324 on: July 06, 2020, 07:07:19 PM »
« Edited: July 06, 2020, 07:10:26 PM by zoz »

RON PAUL SPEAKS ON RECENT EVENTS

Today in New Hampshire, presidential candidate Ron Paul spoke to members of the press regarding several recent events. Here's what he had to say:

" Thank you all for coming today, I think it's important that I, as the now-presumptive nominee (which I will touch on,) speak about some of the things that have happened in the past little while.

First of all, the Republican primary. As you know, earlier today Congresswoman Hart ended her presidential campaign. She did a phenomenal job, starting at the bottom and rising up slow and steady just like we did. We have a lot in common, both in our presidential runs and in our policies, and I was really hoping she would stay in so we could continue this debate, but ultimately this was her decision and I’ll respect it. I think she has a lot of potential, and a great career ahead of her. I will also have it known that this decision was completely of her own free will, and that neither myself or anyone on my team had anything to do with this. Now, the reason I bring this up is because I just know people would try to use this against myself and my supporters, which is just ridiculous. So I want to kill that before it takes off.

Second, because of Melissa’s decision, it would appear that I am the presumed Republican nominee. I want to thank heartily everyone who has gotten us this far, but we’re not resting on our laurels yet. Only one state has voted, and I think that we should hear from the many other Americans in this primary. I will be continuing to campaign in the states as they vote, but our campaign also will begin transitioning to a general election mode. The fact that we can this so early is unprecedented, and we’d be crazy not to use this opportunity to our advantage. We have a lot of work to do, and a lot of ground to catch up on, and we’re getting right to it.

Lastly, the situation with Senator Feingold. The fact that a US Senator is missing, and has been missing, and his family repeatedly harassed and attacked is crazy. And what makes it worse is that nothing concrete or serious has been done about it. I fully support the efforts to find the Senator, and I think they need to be doubled at the least. My heart goes out to the family, I hope everyone is recovered and that Russ is found. Whoever is behind this needs to be cracked down upon, regardless of how powerful or influential they might be, or powerless and uninfluential.

Well that’s about it, we’re going to continue to focus on New Hampshire and the other states, while also pivoting to the general election, and were hoping and praying that the Feingold situation clears up as soon as possible. Thanks.”

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies