Palais de la Concorde - A Star Trek Politics Forum Game
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:56:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Palais de la Concorde - A Star Trek Politics Forum Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palais de la Concorde - A Star Trek Politics Forum Game  (Read 330 times)
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 24, 2020, 12:49:33 PM »

Greetings everyone,

Long-time lurker here, decided to join Atlasia recently. I am also a veteran of USGovsim.

I know we are largely playing terrestrial political games, yet I've built a political game across the galaxy in the form of Palais de la Concorde, which models politics in the Star Trek universe  Cheesy

We are just getting started and are about to hold a Special Election for President. If you're interested in being a Federation Councillor and maybe vying for the Presidency, check us out! https://palais.beesims.com/

We also have a discord.

We are a highly interactive game. Below are a couple of our stories for example.

=====

BREAKING NEWS: PRESIDENT BEZAR RESIGNS

Breaking news today: President Jarul Bezar of Trill is resigning the Presidency amidst health concerns with her Trill Symbiont. The statement from Palais de la Concorde was brief and her staff has expressed the President's wishes to keep this a private matter.

However, the Federation Capitol is already in a frenzy over rumors and speculation over the sudden resignation of the President, especially as the latest Gorn War comes to a close and negotiations continue regarding the Gorn-occupied planets of Canterra and Cestus III, the latter a Federation Member.

While Starfleet and the Department of Defense, led by Secretary Vritika Chakrabarti, are being hailed for their swift decisiveness to bring the war to a close, President Bezar continues to suffer attacks at her Administration's slow response to the surprise Gorn Attack on Xavier Fleet Yards in 2388.

While supporters of the President have rallied around her, with several vigils planned tonight prior to her departure, many of her opponents, especially supporters of President Nanietta Bacco, have celebrated her resignation, especially since President Bezar criticized some of President Bacco's policies.

Councillor Eryv ch’Azaarhir, more well known as Councillor Zaar, of Andoria is emerging as a leading contender to replace President Bezar. Many political commentators note his Starfleet experience as well as his standing as the Chairman of the Federation Security Council and representing one of the founding members of the Federation.

The Special Election for the next President is expected to occur this fall as the Federation Council prepares to select a President Pro Tempore to serve until then.

=====

Why Zaar Could Be The Next President
By Flora Howard

Councillor Zaar (C-Andoria) recently confirmed his hat is officially in the ring for Federation President. I had the chance to sit down with him at a near-Palais café to discuss some of his goals and initiatives of a Zaar Administration.

As the only declared candidate for President thus far, with no emerging candidate from the Federalists, Councillor Zaar may well be the next President of the Federation. While many knew him as the Councillor of Andoria, one of the founding members of the Federation, and the Chair of the Federation Security Council, Zaar is quickly becoming a household name.

A Starfleet Veteran, Zaar's rise to Councillor is largely the respect for his political past where his Thaan paternal parent served as Federation Councillor and his time in uniform, serving as a Commodore as a Fleet Executive Officer.

Zaar was very calm and confident in answering the questions, characteristic of his Andorian presence. His policies are also right in line with the Constructionist Party.

Quote from: Zaar
I’d like to see the decentralisation of power from the Federation, give its members the power to self govern but maintain unity. In doing so, I’d also like to help members feel the full benefit of being a member of the Federation by making sure all our technology is available to them. I’d also like to try and bring back the golden era of Starfleet, sending ships out to explore rather than continue building ships for military purposes. We seem to have forgotten lately that the Federation wants to seek out new life, new friends.

Some may find the friends Councillor Zaar want to keep as a bit on the extreme side.

I'm open to joint exploration missions with our neighbours if they want to use the opportunity to explore and learn for themselves. I could see this being beneficial for everyone involved.

Quote from: Howard
Would that include the Cardassians and Breen?

I don’t see why not, obviously there would need to negotiations with any of our neighbours for a joint exploration project. Ground rules would need to be established for this to work.

Well, Councillor Zaar, those have historically been enemies of the Federation.

You’re right, they have but bridges need to be built to get over this.

Councillor Zaar's positions are certainly something new for the Federation, which is maybe a direction the UFOP needs.

What are your thoughts about the resurgent Romulan Empire?

The Hobus event was awful. It’s taken time for the Romulan Empire to come out of that dark time. I’ll always be willing to sit down with them and offer any aid they need while they continue to build themselves back up.

Zaar reinforced the Federation's commitment to the Klingons through their Civil War, a conflict the Councillor would like to see resolved through mediation. On the Gorn War, Zaar also looked forward to meaningful negotiations

Speaking of negotiations, hostilities in the Gorn War have recently ended, yet negotiations have yet to begin concerning the terms. What do you see as the path to peace on that front?

Talking would be the first step towards peace. That’s probably going to be the biggest hurdle getting them to a table and getting terms agreed. It’ll always be difficult to get the situation sorted if they’re not willing to do that.

It has yet to be seen how well Councillor Zaar's bid for Presidency will be received as the first galaxy-wide poll is still being tabulated with a release set for just over two weeks from now.

The Federalist Party has also been fairly quiet since President Bezar announced her resignation. Is it part of their strategy? Is someone waiting for the right time to announce their bid? That has yet to be seen and political insiders have been kept in the dark on the overall party strategy.

Councillor Zaar's early announcement has at least given him a head start on the campaign trail.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies