Joe Biden out in public, visits site of protests
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:11:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden out in public, visits site of protests
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Joe Biden out in public, visits site of protests  (Read 2246 times)
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2020, 10:35:06 AM »

Now I fully understand why Trump will not wear a mask in public. Joe Biden looks weak and ridiculous with his mask half down his face - it’s purely bad optics. Trump understands this.

Surgical masks usually cover the lower half of the face, DTT.  

That's how surgical masks work. 

Im not talking about ‘how it works’ I’m talking about the optics to the general public. These things matter, ask Nixon in 1960.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2020, 10:41:42 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 11:17:28 AM by Senator YE »

Now I fully understand why Trump will not wear a mask in public. Joe Biden looks weak and ridiculous with his mask half down his face - it’s purely bad optics. Trump understands this.

Im not talking about ‘how it works’ I’m talking about the optics to the general public. These things matter, ask Nixon in 1960.

If you genuinely believe that wearing a mask would make Trump look "weak" then you're not the birghtest.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »

Stop trying to make fetch happen.  Nobody outside of die-hard Trump supporters consider the wearing of a facemask (based on the recomomendation of the CDC and all heatlh experts) during a pandemic to represent weakness.  All it tells us is that Biden is not an insecure idiot like the current President.

By contrast, weakness is exemplified by the current President tweeting "STRENGTH" while hunkered down in a White House bunker because his handlers have determined that he does not possess the leadership skills to address the nation during a time of crisis.  
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 11:03:16 AM by SirWoodbury »

All while trump is hiding in his White House "basement," telling everyone that "MAGA likes the Blacks," and that his Secret Service will throw their dogs on you.

Good for Biden!
Excellent leadership our nation needs right now!
This is just a photo-op you clown. If anything, he put more people at at risk by setting this gatheri- wait I thought everyone was supposed to self-isolate and there should be no gatherings, which narrative is it?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2020, 11:01:42 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 11:05:10 AM by CellarDoor »

All while trump is hiding in his White House "basement," telling everyone that "MAGA likes the Blacks," and that his Secret Service will throw their dogs on you.

Good for Biden!
This is just a photo-op you clown. If anything, he put more people at at risk by setting this gatheri- wait I thought everyone was supposed to self-isolate, and no gatherings, which narrative is it?

He waited until the Delaware stay-at-home order expired before he made an appearance.  Again, this is an example of the type of leadership you should expect from a President.  He's listening to health experts and following their guidance.  He is also leading by listening to the folks on the ground protesting.  
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2020, 11:02:26 AM »

Good for Biden!
This is just a photo-op you clown. If anything, he put more people at at risk by setting this gatheri- wait I thought everyone was supposed to self-isolate and there should no gatherings, which narrative is it?
Republicans getting desparate I see.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 11:18:48 AM »

Keep it mellow in here or I’ll lock the thread.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 11:25:31 AM »

Now I fully understand why Trump will not wear a mask in public. Joe Biden looks weak and ridiculous with his mask half down his face - it’s purely bad optics and it connotes fear. Trump understands this.

Trumpvirus understands it is easier to hide in the WHITE House and tweet phony threats (while the country burns in more ways than one).
woodley park

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 11:56:09 AM by woodley park »

I get this guy's point but I think it is also important to foot stomp that Trump dominated COVID 19 coverage, in a bad way. Really the worst possible way he could have, considering he is up for re-election. Coverage does not equal positivity. Trump's domination of COVID enhanced Biden's stature, full stop.

That said, kudos to Biden for what he is doing now, visiting protesters, talking with them not to them, and setting a good example by wearing a mask. I hope and pray that he stays healthy and strong.
Donald Trump’s Toupée
GOP_Represent

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 12:15:40 PM »

Biden is absolutely irrelevant here.
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 12:19:42 PM »

And what exactly has Trump done to help bring the country together since Floyd was killed?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2020, 01:09:39 PM »

Nope.  Trump's lack of leadership is making it very easy for Biden to draw a sharp contrast, reminding the average American how a President is supposed to act in times like these.  Trump's failures are making this campaign very easy for the Biden team.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2020, 05:35:42 PM »

I can't believe people have this ignorant mentality that a mask makes you look weak.
If anything, if makes the person look strong, responsible, and leads-by-example for the good of all Americans. I swear, if trump told "his MAGA" supporters that you "look strong" with a string of toilet paper dangling behind you while walking, his cult would do it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2020, 05:50:13 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 05:55:59 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Good for Biden!

This is just a photo-op you clown. If anything, he put more people at at risk by setting this gatheri- wait I thought everyone was supposed to self-isolate and there should be no gatherings, which narrative is it?

Wrong!
When Biden speaks on heart-and-soul issues, more Americans believe his genuineness words.
trump hardly says anything "from the heart," and when he does it sounds completely phony (because it is). The Orange Buffoon has zero credibility on caring about others; he is a pure Egotistical Narcissist. (So just swallow the truth and weep.)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2020, 05:53:11 PM »

Biden continues to make Republican heads explode.

Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2020, 06:01:15 PM »

Stop trying to make fetch happen.  Nobody outside of die-hard Trump supporters consider the wearing of a facemask (based on the recomomendation of the CDC and all heatlh experts) during a pandemic to represent weakness.  All it tells us is that Biden is not an insecure idiot like the current President.

By contrast, weakness is exemplified by the current President tweeting "STRENGTH" while hunkered down in a White House bunker because his handlers have determined that he does not possess the leadership skills to address the nation during a time of crisis.  

Don't forget about Trump's endless rolodex of excuses for all of the problems in the country. The only thing that isn't to blame for anything is apparently himself. Not taking responsibility for anything sure is confident and manly, isn't it?
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2020, 06:52:18 PM »

Another side-by-side that shows a true leader contrasted against someone pretending to play "President".
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2020, 07:01:11 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2020, 07:24:09 PM »

Another side-by-side that shows a true leader contrasted against someone pretending to play "President".

LOL.
And I believe Biden and his wife go to church service (almost) every Sunday, versus "Mr Two Corinthians."
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2020, 07:55:50 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2020, 08:10:08 PM »

I'm more determined than ever to make sure this guy is our next President.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2020, 08:15:59 PM »

I'm more determined than ever to make sure this guy is our next President.

Yep. 100000%
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2020, 08:37:59 PM »
« Edited: June 01, 2020, 08:42:51 PM by ProudModerate2 »

The bishop of that church has fire and brimstone for Trump:

Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde: "The President just used a Bible ... and one of the churches of my diocese without permission as a backdrop for a message antithetical to the teachings of Jesus and everything our churches stand for....I am outraged."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/bishop-budde-trump-church/2020/06/01/20ca70f8-a466-11ea-b619-3f9133bbb482_story.html?fbclid=IwAR0YUJq4dSHTC5jYnyKg66DDWqbB18xS1fmFrW6b1XTRlJTGkwQTMX8u6gs

OMG.
I love this story.
You guys need to read this entire article. The Bishop is just livid that trump would clear the streets and use this church and a Bible "as a prop."
This little maneuver of trump's, completely and drastically backfired. LMAO.

As many blue avatars have even noted elsewhere ... Why didn't trump just do what his "team" had advised him, which was to just shut-up and not say anything in public?

(PS: This was posted in another thread also, but thought I would duplicate it here, since it is directly related.)

(PSS: I would love to get Fuzzybear to please comment on this bishop's words.)
Woody
SirWoodbury
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.48, S: 1.30

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »

Good for Biden!

Wrong!
When Biden speaks on heart-and-soul issues, more Americans believe his genuineness words.
trump hardly says anything "from the heart," and when he does it sounds completely phony (because it is). The Orange Buffoon has zero credibility on caring about others; he is a pure Egotistical Narcissist. (So just swallow the truth and weep.)
Source?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies