Trump shares video saying "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:00:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump shares video saying "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Trump shares video saying "The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat"  (Read 2045 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2020, 08:59:56 AM »

"What if Obama had said this" (replace "democrat" with "republican")?

This might be the greatest "Imagine if Obama" ever. While sadly it's not the worst thing Trump has ever done, it may be the thing that would have caused the biggest meltdown if Obama had done it.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 09:06:01 AM »

Anyone who stands behind Trump now has absolutely no honor or integrity.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »

Of course not one blue avatar here after all the fake outrage over Kathy Griffin's comment (who I'll admit is nothing but a tasteless hack desperately craving attention).

Unfortunately the fact that the leader of a country is effectively endorsing murdering political opponents isn't getting a peep from his base is no longer surprising.
Present.

My vote doesn’t count for obvious reasons, but I still can’t vote for someone who thinks this is an OK thing to say.

Purple heart
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 10:47:11 AM »

This campaign season is going to be something that's for sure.

Don Jr. already called Biden a pedophile last week. I wonder where we'll be at in September/October, especially if Trump is still down in the polls
Trump and Biden will duel on fifth avenue
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 11:32:03 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 05:58:39 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

It's always nice to see that the President has his priorities in order. You know, it's not like the country is in the middle of a pandemic, or literally on fire in some areas!

Though to be fair to our ignoramus of a leader, I actually doubt that he reads or watches everything he retweets. He might just see something that supports him and just instinctively  retweet it immediately without further inspection.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 01:16:03 PM »

Anyone who still supports Trump, I can only assume they want me and all other Democrats dead too.

Fuzzy Bear if you’re reading...if you’re still planning to vote for Trump, why do you want me dead?
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »

It's always nice to see that the President has his priorities in order. You know, it's not like the country is in the middle of a pandemic, or literally on fire in some areas!

Though to be fair to our ignoramus of a leader, I actually doubt that he reads ir watches everything he retweets. He might just see something that supports him and just instinctually  retweet it immediately without further inspection.

Wait just wondering did you watch the video?
I was really mad at first, now I think its a bad video but the guy in the video says strictly in a political sense right after that and he says he knows the media will misclaim this.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »

Though to be fair to our ignoramus of a leader, I actually doubt that he reads ir watches everything he retweets. He might just see something that supports him and just instinctually  retweet it immediately without further inspection.

I was really mad at first, now I think its a bad video but the guy in the video says strictly in a political sense right after that and he says he knows the media will misclaim this.

What does "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat" in a political sense, even mean. He then equates Democrat with being un-American and anyone who is a Democrat must hate America. It doesn't take a genius to know what he meant.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 01:52:53 PM »

He's deliberately sending out mixed messages (he sandwiched that "in a political sense" with suggestions that some Congressional Democrats should face a firing squad or "the end of the rope").

"The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat, but I was just joking...unless..." isn't as bad as the wholly unapologetic variant, but it's still pretty awful.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 01:54:26 PM »
« Edited: May 29, 2020, 02:08:45 PM by lfromnj »

Though to be fair to our ignoramus of a leader, I actually doubt that he reads ir watches everything he retweets. He might just see something that supports him and just instinctually  retweet it immediately without further inspection.

He's deliberately sending out mixed messages (he sandwiched that "in a political sense" with suggestions that some Congressional Democrats should face a firing squad or "the end of the rope").

"The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat, but I was just joking...unless..." isn't as bad as the wholly unapologetic variant, but it's still pretty awful.

Im just wondering if people in this thread actually watched the video, half the thread is literally people asking where are the blue avatars wanting me dead.

FWIW its still a horrible comment to say but I wish people just watched the video.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 02:02:22 PM »

The man in the video was trying to have his cake and eat it too. "The only good blank is a dead blank" usually isn't used metaphorically.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 03:54:46 PM »

Yeah, but I was told that Democrats are the divisive ones, and that we’re too mean to Poor Donny.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2020, 05:12:40 PM »

He who lives by the sword dies by the sword. Although I don't think any of us are ready for what would happen then.
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2020, 05:22:34 PM »

Huh

How on earth can you imply other people should be dead in strictly a political sense? Was he talking about a dead political party like the Jacksonian Democrats?

You should never use language about your opponents and death. It's a line that shouldn't be crossed.
Higgins
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2020, 06:23:33 PM »

Disagree. We shouldn't be a one party state and there are plenty of sane Democrats who could contribute greatly to issues that matter like the environment. It's just sad that the radical leftist Democrats are the ones dominating the party or else I'd still be one. But no, wishing death on political opponents does not win friends or influence people.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #40 on: May 29, 2020, 06:46:24 PM »

"What if Obama had said this" (replace "democrat" with "republican")?

This might be the greatest "Imagine if Obama" ever. While sadly it's not the worst thing Trump has ever done, it may be the thing that would have caused the biggest meltdown if Obama had done it.

What if Obama had said 'I love it', when getting dirt on Mitt Romney from a Putin connected lawyer in 2012, or knowing about Russian intel hacking the RNC and cheering it on in 2012?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2020, 06:58:44 PM »

It's just sad that the radical leftist Democrats are the ones dominating the party or else I'd still be one.
Agreed. Dusgusting that Bernie won the primary and is poised to take Trump's POTUS jobs. Moderates like Biden should be running the party.
Higgins
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

Quote from: Face Masks Prevent You From Speaking Moistly [/quote
Agreed. Dusgusting that Bernie won the primary and is poised to take Trump's POTUS jobs. Moderates like Biden should be running the party.

Biden's caving to the Bernie people on every issue, so it might as well be Bernie in there. Biden runs the party in name only. If you think he'll actually be setting the agenda I've got a bridge to sell you. Whoever his VP is - probably Harris - will be running the country.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2020, 07:07:41 PM »

Quote from: Face Masks Prevent You From Speaking Moistly [/quote

Biden's caving to the Bernie people on every issue, so it might as well be Bernie in there. Biden runs the party in name only. If you think he'll actually be setting the agenda I've got a bridge to sell you. Whoever his VP is - probably Harris - will be running the country.

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2020, 09:26:17 PM »

Trump is openly encouraging violence/death to political opponents.

This is nothing new.

Where is Fuzzy?  I want to hear his response.

I'm right here, pal.  After a week of work. 

"I don't say that in the physical sense, and I can already see where the videos getting edited where it says I want to go murder Democrats," Griffin continues. "No. I say that in the political sense because the Democrat agenda and policy is anti-American right now."

The above quote is what the speaker said.  I think that's kind of important.  Yes, this kind of jesting is something folks shouldn't do, but to say Trump wants Democrats did is "Excessive Hyperbole".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2020, 05:11:36 AM »

Is anyone really surprised that Fuzzy took Trump's lame-ass excuse at face value?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2020, 06:08:17 AM »

Is anyone really surprised that Fuzzy took Trump's lame-ass excuse at face value?
There a number of people that I know in real life, as well as on here (of all different avatar colours) that are "NOT biased and VERY objective", but when it comes to the benefit of doubt, certain groups always get it no matter what and certain other groups never ever do.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2020, 07:26:37 AM »

No, and we can be certain if Obama or Hillary said the same thing about Republicans, no explanation or apology would ever be enough.
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2020, 08:03:15 AM »

Plenty of Republican voters love "joking" about killing Democrats or calling them un-American all the time, so not really a surprise that it's finally coming from the top.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2020, 08:47:01 AM »
« Edited: May 30, 2020, 09:58:27 AM by Chancellor Gowron »

Trump is openly encouraging violence/death to political opponents.

This is nothing new.

Where is Fuzzy?  I want to hear his response.

I'm right here, pal.  After a week of work.  

I just ended a week of work too.  12 hour shifts every day.  On call on my days off.

"I don't say that in the physical sense, and I can already see where the videos getting edited where it says I want to go murder Democrats," Griffin continues. "No. I say that in the political sense because the Democrat agenda and policy is anti-American right now."

The above quote is what the speaker said.  I think that's kind of important.  Yes, this kind of jesting is something folks shouldn't do, but to say Trump wants Democrats did is "Excessive Hyperbole".

To say Trump wants us dead, after he tweeted a video saying the only good Democrat is a dead one, is not hyperbole.  It's assuming the President stands behind what he posts.  If he posts something, do you not assume he endorses it?

Regardless of the message behind what the speaker meant--he did say it, and taking into account Trump's past comments and suggestions (goading "the 2nd Amendment people" into killing Hillary if she'd been elected and encouraging violence at his own rallies against protesters and political opponents) then what am I left with?

You're saying I should just know it's meant in jest, after his history of intentionally inciting literal violence and suggesting assassination?  Surely you must realize there are a great number of people who will take what Trump has suggested by posting this video and actually attempt to carry it out.

And as a supporter of this man, I must also assume you agree with Trump.  So I ask you again, and I'd appreciate you not deflecting with some bs of the meaning behind the words...why do you want me dead?

Or...ya know...you could just say you wholeheartedly disagree with Trump's decision to post a death threatening video...apologize on behalf of the GOP, who have wholeheartedly embraced him...and pledge to vote against that kind of unpatriotic message going forward.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies