MI Gov 2022- Does Gretchen Whitmer win re-election?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:21:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI Gov 2022- Does Gretchen Whitmer win re-election?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MI Gov 2022- Does Gretchen Whitmer win re-election?  (Read 2400 times)
Lisa's voting Biden
LCameronAL
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.75, S: -3.83

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2020, 12:08:11 PM »
« edited: June 02, 2020, 12:15:09 PM by LCameronOR »

Hot take - Lean D in both Trump/Biden midterms.

(I doubt Fred Upton runs, if he does, then Lean/Likely D in Trump midterm and Tossup in Biden)
Dipper Josh

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2020, 08:23:50 PM »

I'm inclined to say yes, her virus handling is quite popular, and gubernatorial elections tend to be a referendum on the incumbent. Plus the MI-GOP bench isn't exactly enticing. John James (assuming he loses in November, as is widely expected) would basically be a perennial candidate, at that point.
I wouldn't be surprised if John James threw his hat in the ring one more time against Whitmer in 2022. Seeing as he has very strong feelings about women in leadership positions.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2020, 07:30:32 PM »

The only R that can win a statewide MI is Kid Rock and he declined already due to conflict of interest with Hollywood and politics . Barring that, there is no Synder out there
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2020, 07:37:41 PM »

I'm inclined to say yes, her virus handling is quite popular, and gubernatorial elections tend to be a referendum on the incumbent. Plus the MI-GOP bench isn't exactly enticing. John James (assuming he loses in November, as is widely expected) would basically be a perennial candidate, at that point.
Do you really believe Whitmers Approvals will hold? I don't think so! The only thing that could save her is if Donald Trump wins Reelection. If he doesn't and Biden wins she is in an instant Toss Up Race and so is Tony Evers in neighboring Wisconsin.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 03:09:46 PM »

Whitmer pulls yet another stunt and finally the Michigan State Legislature stepped in (at least the Michigan House) to reverse that...

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies