The black male police vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:06:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Dereich)
  The black male police vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who did black male cops vote for in 2016?
Hillary Clinton (D)
Donald Trump (R)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: The black male police vote  (Read 2292 times)
Agafin
Cameroon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »

So the latest events in Minneapolis have made me wonder, who do you think carried the vote of black men who happen to be police officers? From the few polls I've seen, police officers tend to be extremely republican and they were even moreso in 2016. If Trump won over 80% of the police vote, then it's very likely that he's won every racial group there with the possible exception of black cops. He obviously lost black female cops (like every other black female subgroup) but what about black men? I feel like there's a pretty decent chance he won them.
SaneDemocrat

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 11:34:52 PM »

Yea probably similar to the hispanic general public vote if I had to guess
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 11:59:00 PM »

Some voted for Hillary, some voted for Trump.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 08:10:12 PM »

I wonder how black professional athletes vote.
15 Down, 35 To Go
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 06:01:26 PM »

I feel like I saw a poll in 2016 that NFL players were pretty much as racially polarized as Mississippians in their voting.  Which is honestly sad because it shows that racial divides are still there.
President Biden Democrat
mrappaport1220
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2020, 10:31:35 PM »

The majority definitely voted for Hillary Clinton. About 90%? of the black vote always votes for Democrats. It definitely is a little closer among the black male police vote, but Democrats still win among that group. The question is not if Dems will win among African Americans and the black vote, it's turnout levels in key swing states across the nation.
South Dakota Democrat
jrk26

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 11:25:52 PM »

Some voted for Hillary, some voted for Trump.

Groundbreaking analysis.  I never would have guessed that.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2020, 11:38:50 PM »

Obviously the majority voted for Clinton, but not on the level of blacks at-large. Let's keep in mind that Clinton barely won 80% of black males in 2016 (thanks to a historically unprecedented gender gap among blacks almost exclusively fueled by males). Unless you think black male cops were somehow more likely to vote for a Democrat than black males at-large, then 80% is the absolute max. Further clarification could be obtained by knowing what percentage of black male cops are former servicemembers, but all in all, I'd imagine 65-70% voted for Clinton. Explicit authoritarians are going to be more prone to voting for the explicit authoritarian party, regardless of racial or class-based considerations.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 11:40:09 PM »

Overwhelmingly for Clinton, though less so than their black female counterparts (as is true for the entire race). Blacks in every walk of life are Yellow Dog Democrats, exclusive of the approximately 5-8% minority which votes Republican every election cycle (and even many of those broke for Obama in 2008 and 2012, as we very well know).
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2021, 11:51:07 AM »

So... 93% of those who took part in this poll believe Clinton won the vote of black male cops, I'm a little surprised, are black voters so inelastic?

Also Trump fared even better with black men against Biden according to exit polls. He won 19% of their vote, up from 13% last time (despite an election that swung 2 points towards the democrats) . Given that the police vote probably also trended right this year (given the prominence of the BLM movement), black male cops happen to be in two demographics that swung AND trended right. I think there's a very good chance Trump won their vote this time.
Motorcity

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »

I've seen various evidence that Black Americans who were raised and live surrounded by few other Black people or who in general feel little attachment to the concept of Black community are more likely to be Republicans.
I've seen various evidence that martians who were raised and live surrounded by few other green people or who in general feel little attachment to the concept of martian community are more likely to be Republicans.
Ugh, duh?
ChelseaT
Rookie
United States

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 01:46:45 PM »

I could see a lot of NFL players being Republicans. There's sort of that old stereotype that Black Republicans tend to be either whitewashed or became very wealthy and now "look down" on the rest of us. It's not like they would admit it though, remember how RGIII was treated when he refused to confirm or deny?
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2021, 02:55:27 PM »

I could see a lot of NFL players being Republicans. There's sort of that old stereotype that Black Republicans tend to be either whitewashed or became very wealthy and now "look down" on the rest of us. It's not like they would admit it though, remember how RGIII was treated when he refused to confirm or deny?

Retired NFL player and now Congressman Burgess Owens is an example of this.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2021, 03:13:39 PM »

Retired NFL player and now Congressman Burgess Owens is an example of this.

Booger McFarland as well.........
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 01:59:33 PM »

Looks like black police officers have no illusions about the system, despite wearing the uniform:

It would be interesting to see how black people view black police officers, specifically. That specific perspective doesn't get sorted out in these polls.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2021, 10:34:06 PM »

So... 93% of those who took part in this poll believe Clinton won the vote of black male cops, I'm a little surprised, are black voters so inelastic?

Yes, they are among the most inelastic demographic groups in the country in terms of voting habits. They've modestly moved towards the GOP since the Obama years, but that's not a particularly impressive feat considering the fact Republicans are hovering over the range of breaching 10% (whether they did or didn't this year depends on which poll you ask), which is roughly where they were pre-Obama. The vast majority of Blacks are loyal Democratic voters, it's an integral part of their political identity.

Black male police officers are possibly the single most Republican voting segment of black voters alongside wealthy black male business owners, but I'm still fairly certain that Biden would have won them overall.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2021, 11:04:17 PM »

Yes, they are among the most inelastic demographic groups in the country in terms of voting habits. They've modestly moved towards the GOP since the Obama years, but that's not a particularly impressive feat considering the fact Republicans are hovering over the range of breaching 10% (whether they did or didn't this year depends on which poll you ask), which is roughly where they were pre-Obama. The vast majority of Blacks are loyal Democratic voters, it's an integral part of their political identity.

Black male police officers are possibly the single most Republican voting segment of black voters alongside wealthy black male business owners, but I'm still fairly certain that Biden would have won them overall.

You think so? Even more than Black military members?

Black cops like Officer Parker, probably............

https://www.instagram.com/p/COg110khDmF/
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2021, 11:35:08 PM »

You think so? Even more than Black military members?

Black cops like Officer Parker, probably............

https://www.instagram.com/p/COg110khDmF/

I doubt there's much difference between the average black voter and a military personnel/veteran black voter unless their service is through the Marine Corps.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies