Vermont Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:45:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Vermont Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Vermont Megathread  (Read 35569 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« on: September 22, 2020, 01:25:11 PM »

If Phil is beating LEAHY then he definitely has a strong chance against anyone else. Nationalization of the race would hurt him and he would have to constantly bring up that he wouldn't vote with the Republican senators most of the time.

I think a lot would depend on the composition of the Senate. If Dems have a 52 seat majority he’d be better off than a 50-50 one.

Also, I don’t think we should discount what him beating Leahy means. Leahy is a Vermont giant and an icon who’s been in the Senate since the 70s. If Phil can beat him in a poll I think he can beat generic D.

Edit: Let me clarify that Scott would no way beat Leahy, but, if he can beat him in a poll, he could beat Generic D in an election.

Chief imma be honest  Im not a fan of Scott at all but he handled covid better than any governor in the country and will likely be reelected by a lot but Zuckerman will definetly get better numbers than Gonzales in 2018 hes running a decent campaign and hes got Bernies endorsement but also Claiming Scott would beat Leahy cause he lead him by 4% with almost a third of the electorate undecided that third would break hard for Leahy when it would become clear what a republican seat in the senate would be Leahy or whatever d replaces him if he retires would win something like 55-45 against Scott theirs no way their voting for Scott in a federal race unless the D is Coakley levels of bad lol Scott wont run for Senate former governors hate being senators anyway and he knows his odds even in a biden midterm are only like 10-20%
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies