Harris or Warren for VP?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:37:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Harris or Warren for VP?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Who do you prefer to be Biden's VP?
Kamala Harris

Elizabeth Warren

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 125

Author Topic: Harris or Warren for VP?  (Read 2501 times)
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2020, 03:54:48 PM »

Warren.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2020, 03:56:02 PM »

The one that's non-polarizing and has electability.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2020, 03:56:22 PM »

Warren obviously. Bidens biggest problem is a lack of enthusiasm, Harris doesn't help that.

Not true - the last Fox News Poll actually had enthusiasm for Biden above Trump. And I guess you didn't see those drumlines that Harris's team had, or the reception to her at that Iowa Dems event.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2020, 03:57:14 PM »

There is absolutely no evidence that Harris would do a better job energizing black voters than Warren. Polls repeatedly show that Warren is more popular with black Democrats than Harris. She's a better pick than Harris on every dimension.

Black voters supported Harris more in the primary. And any poll right now is just name recognition.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2020, 03:59:43 PM »

Warren would be a bad choice electorally.  I actually wouldn’t dislike her as Vice President (or President), but she won re-election by 24% over a nobody Republican, in a state Hillary carried by 27.  And Warren is not some bridge between the progressive and establishment wings of the Democratic Party, as many (including myself) wrongly predicted when she was running for President.  Rather, she is the worst of both worlds.  She pleases neither moderates, nor Bernie bros.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2020, 04:01:51 PM »

There is absolutely no evidence that Harris would do a better job energizing black voters than Warren. Polls repeatedly show that Warren is more popular with black Democrats than Harris. She's a better pick than Harris on every dimension.

Black voters supported Harris more in the primary. And any poll right now is just name recognition.
This. Harris not being able to rely on wine moms with disposable incomes who deserted her for Pete and Warren doesn't negate that she had the most diverse base of support when she dropped out.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2020, 04:02:52 PM »

Which primary was that?  I don’t recall Harris running in any primaries.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2020, 04:41:34 PM »

A Warren pick is the only scenario that I'd vote for Biden, so hopefully it's her.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2020, 04:43:20 PM »

Harris is the obvious choice. She and Biden just click together. Warren, on the other hand, doesn't.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2020, 04:57:13 PM »

I'd prefer Warren as she'd be more likely to hold Biden's feet to the fire than any of the other choices. That said, Harris is more likely to be picked and is for the most part more electable than Warren.
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Moderators
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2020, 04:58:35 PM »

Beautiful flawless Kamala of course.  Purple heart Blue heart Yellow heart Green heart
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »

Warren would be a bad choice electorally.  I actually wouldn’t dislike her as Vice President (or President), but she won re-election by 24% over a nobody Republican, in a state Hillary carried by 27.  And Warren is not some bridge between the progressive and establishment wings of the Democratic Party, as many (including myself) wrongly predicted when she was running for President.  Rather, she is the worst of both worlds.  She pleases neither moderates, nor Bernie bros.

This is understated too. Warren actually did pretty badly in 2018, all things considered.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2020, 05:31:11 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 05:56:44 PM by Lief 🐋 »

"Just name recognition" is a lazy argument. Warren is already popular with black voters; that's what the polls show. Maybe once they get to know Harris (or another one of these potential VP choices) they will also be as popular as Warren is. But maybe they won't, you can't just assume everyone will reach Warren's numbers as their name recognition goes up. Plus Warren is a known quantity, and would not require the Biden campaign expending resources defining her and introducing her to people.
MABA 2020
MakeAmericaBritishAgain
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2020, 05:41:09 PM »

Warren obviously. Bidens biggest problem is a lack of enthusiasm, Harris doesn't help that.

Not true - the last Fox News Poll actually had enthusiasm for Biden above Trump. And I guess you didn't see those drumlines that Harris's team had, or the reception to her at that Iowa Dems event.

Yes Biden is polling well against Trump atm, but if I'm not mistaken thats because of his greater than expected support amongst older voters. He still lacks a sense of excitement that Democrats typically need to win and that Warren could give him. You say Harris had a good reception at an event in Iowa but that didn't save her from having to drop out before the caucus. I don't have anything against Harris I just prefer Warren.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2020, 06:01:00 PM »

Regardless of who Biden picks, the Trump campaign is going to be ruthless in attacking not only "Sleepy Joe" but is also going to be ruthless with "Pocahontas," "Kooky Kamala,"  or whoever else Biden may pick, so the campaign needs to be ready to counter the attacks of Spray Tan Donny and not allow themselves to get swiftboated or have any repeat of "but her emails" or any Willie Hortan like blows to the campaign.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2020, 06:22:39 PM »

Here's why I'm pushing for Warren:

1. I'm biased. I supported her run for almost the entire primary season.

2. She's well-known and one of the most popular figures within the party having high favorability ratings from pretty much every group in it. There's also no evidence that Warren would alienate suburbanites as a running mate.

3. We arguably need someone like her during such a dire situation like COVID-19 for economic policy. On top of this, she lost a loved one from it. I think that sends a pretty powerful message to have put her on the ticket.

Pulaski

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2020, 08:22:18 PM »

Warren would easily make the better president, so her.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:35 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 08:30:49 PM by Eraserhead »

I don't think either one is necessarily a wise pick politically but I'd certainly prefer Warren myself.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2020, 08:28:06 PM »

The one that's non-polarizing and has electability.

That's one of these two?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2020, 08:32:26 PM »

This. Harris not being able to rely on wine moms with disposable incomes who deserted her for Pete and Warren doesn't negate that she had the most diverse base of support when she dropped out.

What are you basing that on? She barely had any support at all by the time she dropped out.
pikachu
United States

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2020, 08:48:03 PM »

I don’t this election is going to be close enough that the marginal electoral the VP is going to matter, so easily Warren for me, because I’d much rather her be president in the event our 78-year-old president doesn’t make it the full two terms. It’s a bit of a crass reason, but I feel like it’s the unspoken elephant in the room in Biden veep discussions.
Grassroots
Grassr00ts
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 2.09

P P P
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2020, 09:17:13 PM »

Duckworth, but out of these, Warren.
indietraveler

« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2020, 09:44:27 PM »

Both are not perfect but neither would hinder Biden from winning.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2020, 10:24:49 PM »

I think Harris would be a worse pick so Harris. She is very PC and this pick could hurt Biden even more with WWC voters.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2020, 02:15:12 AM »

Harris by far. She brings most diversity to the ticket and helps with AA turnout. I like Warren, but I'm not convinced she will help Biden in the states and counties most important to win the election.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies