LC 5.8: Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:21:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  LC 5.8: Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: LC 5.8: Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act (Passed)  (Read 589 times)
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2019, 11:19:53 AM »
« edited: December 27, 2019, 10:09:11 PM by Speaker OneJ »

Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act

I. SUBSIDIES TO FOSSIL FUELS

1. The government of Lincoln shall immediately terminate any subsidies that it gives to the fossil fuel industry

II. SUBSIDIES FOR SOLAR POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the solar industry
2. This pilot program shall last for a duration after 10 years, at which point the Council may choose to continue or discontinue it
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $20 million to the solar industry

III. SUBSIDIES FOR WIND POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the wind industry
2. This pilot program shall last for a duration after 10 years, at which point the Council may choose to continue or discontinue it
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $15 million to the wind industry

IV. SUBSIDES FOR HYDROELECTRIC POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the hydroelectric industry
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $10 million to the hydroelectric industry

V. IMPLEMENTATION

Sections II-IV of this legislation will take effect upon the passage of the next budget, Section I will take effect immediately after being signed by the governor.

Sponsor: S019

The debating period for bill 5.8 has commenced and shall not last for less than 72 hours.
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 06:26:13 PM »

This is a good bill and it has my support.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 10:52:37 PM »

I like the idea of this bill.
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2019, 07:03:22 AM »

This is a good bill and it has my support.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2019, 07:45:19 AM »

Motion for a final vote

24 hours to object
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 07:56:36 PM »

A final vote for LC 5.8 has now opened. Councilmembers have 48 hours to vote.

Aye
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 08:34:26 PM »

AYE!!!
Pragmatist_TNAG
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 07:54:20 PM »

Aye
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 08:44:14 AM »

The vote has now closed and LC 5.8 has passed.

AYE: 3 (S019, Pragmatist_TNAG, OneJ_)
NAY: 0
Abstain: 0
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2019, 09:57:20 PM »

Lincoln Really Cares about Climate Change Act

I. SUBSIDIES TO FOSSIL FUELS

1. The government of Lincoln shall immediately terminate any subsidies that it gives to the fossil fuel industry

II. SUBSIDIES FOR SOLAR POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the solar industry
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $20 million to the solar industry

III. SUBSIDIES FOR WIND POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the wind industry
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $15 million to the wind industry

IV. SUBSIDES FOR HYDROELECTRIC POWER

1. The government of Lincoln shall create a pilot program for granting subsidies to the hydroelectric industry
3. Each year, that this program is effect, the government of Lincoln shall give a subsidy of $10 million to the hydroelectric industry

V. IMPLEMENTATION

Sections II-IV of this legislation will take effect upon the passage of the next budget, Section I will take effect immediately after being signed by the governor.

x. Governor Jimmy7812
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 02:04:19 AM »

This was another bill that Suburban asked me to cost, and I'm similarly confused about what I'm supposed to do with this. Clearly the bill costs 20+15+10 million dollars.

Regarding Section I:
As far as I know, the Lincoln government has never given any subsidies to the fossil fuel industry. If individual *states* within Lincoln do so, that would be outside of the scope of this bill, as it specifically references the 'government of Lincoln'.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies