Siren/Muad'dib: Hope & Adventure! - (End of an Adventure)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:06:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Siren/Muad'dib: Hope & Adventure! - (End of an Adventure)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Siren/Muad'dib: Hope & Adventure! - (End of an Adventure)  (Read 4233 times)
Anna Komnene
Siren

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »
« edited: June 21, 2020, 11:23:19 PM by Siren »

Since I came back, I've been doing some thinking about what I want to do with my new time in Atlasia. At the same time, it's come to my attention that a lot of you are going through the motions, tired of the same old, same old. You're feeling sluggish and bored. Maybe I can help with that! I want to do something new and exciting too, and well, running for president is really the only thing I've never done in my Atlasian career. So let's see where it goes.

For those that don't know me, my career in Atlasia has ranged from the shores of Arecibo to the frontier of Nevada, from the Southern Chamber of Delegates to the House of Representatives and Fremont's Senator in Nyman. I've been Speaker in the South and President Pro Tempore of the Senate. Through it all, I always stayed true to my principles: compassion, pragmatic policymaking, and advocacy for those who are struggling the most, domestic violence victims, poor people, unemployed, immigrants, and many others. Times when we're down on our luck is when we need someone looking out for us the most, but it's when we're least likely to find someone actually doing that. The ultimate irony is that it can happen to any of us.

Among other things, I sponsored Atlasia's first ever comprehensive immigration reform, programs to eliminate food waste and feed the hungry, provide for family leave, and revitalize Native Atlasian languages. I pushed for the constitutional amendment abolishing the draft and promoted peaceful foreign policy based on alleviating poverty around the world. I stood up for civil liberties, regardless of race, gender, creed, or orientation and protected people's right to wear religious garb. And through it all, I worked with all parties to achieve my goals and help them with their's.

At a time of crisis like this, it's more important than ever that we hold true to these ideals and more and come together as one community in support of the type of world we'd like to live. One without famine and lack of access to clean water. One without human trafficking, slavery, and child labor. One without pointless death and destruction in an endless race to the bottom for fossil fuels and power. One where people are paid a livable wage for the dignity of their work. Because if we don't come together, we will surely fall apart.

If you like what I have to say, I'd love to have you with me on this journey. Feel free to endorse me or offer feedback. Join the Peace Party if you want free hugs. If you're interested in being my running mate, PM me!

Let's go on an adventure Atlasia!

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:48:32 PM »

It would be interesting for you to state your case even now, considering that you reappeared just recently and don’t have your accomplishments in recent memory. That and the fact that Pericles can claim to do well with handling the recent pandemic.

I’ll be watching your campaign, and I wish you the best in your exploits.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 09:48:07 PM »

Thanks for your interest and well-wishes PSOL. Don't worry! We still have about a month until the election. I'm planning several exciting new proposals coming down the pipeline, which will hopefully inject some life into Atlasia's veins, even if only to inspire mobilization against them. Smile

While I agree that Pericles has done pretty well responding to the pandemic, I see other areas where the game can be improved, such as the general apathy many are feeling about Atlasia lately and in the best way to ensure we live in a world where we are not so vulnerable to crises like this, as well as finding the best ways to ensure they it doesn't happen again. I'll leave his campaign up to him. I'm not here to be negative but to showcase my own ideas. Some of the elections I've enjoyed most in Atlasia had candidates from lots of parties with different ideas. I think that Atlasia is always healthiest and most interesting with choices. Hopefully Pericles, HCP, and I will just be the first of many. I encourage anyone who's thinking about it to jump in and enjoy the journey!

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 11:44:25 PM »

Fully endorsed! It's so exciting to have you back and for you to run. Miracles do come true. Cheesy
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 11:51:47 PM »

Always wonderful to see you running for office, Siren. The very best of luck!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »

I already endorsed Pericles, but I'm glad to see you getting back in the game (even though I wish you would run for something like House).  Endorsed for second preference and good luck!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »

To be honest I was thinking of something like this myself, though I decided October would be a better time and Pericles is too politically close to me to actually run against him Tongue

Anyways good luck with your campaign!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 02:05:18 PM »

Fully endorsed! It's so exciting to have you back and for you to run. Miracles do come true. Cheesy

Wow, thank you for the endorsement and this wonderful comment, Spiral! Very inspiring. Purple heart

Always wonderful to see you running for office, Siren. The very best of luck!

Thanks! I'll do my best.

I already endorsed Pericles, but I'm glad to see you getting back in the game (even though I wish you would run for something like House).  Endorsed for second preference and good luck!

I appreciate whatever preferences I can get. Thank you!

To be honest I was thinking of something like this myself, though I decided October would be a better time and Pericles is too politically close to me to actually run against him Tongue

Anyways good luck with your campaign!

I've been around long enough to know exactly what you mean, but if the way of the current world has taught me anything, it's that life is too short to wait around for things to happen and to enjoy every moment. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 08:51:57 PM »

I am not sure who I plan to endorse or vote for, but this is certainly long overdue (in fact, I expected to end up running against you in Feb. 2018 Tongue)

I wish you the best of luck, and it would be pretty rad to have another woman on the list of Presidents tbh
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 08:56:30 PM »

Endorsed.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 08:59:00 PM »

I will be supporting the LJP ticket this cycle, of course. Nevertheless, it's great that you're back in the arena.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 09:20:47 PM »

Eh, why not, endorsed for now.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 10:38:56 PM »

I am not sure who I plan to endorse or vote for, but this is certainly long overdue (in fact, I expected to end up running against you in Feb. 2018 Tongue)

I wish you the best of luck, and it would be pretty rad to have another woman on the list of Presidents tbh

Oh fhtagn, now you have me scouring the wiki to try to remember what was going on in my head in February 2018. I don't know tbh, but it probably would've been fun to go toe to to with you. Anyway, I have a few ideas that I think you might like, but I'm not sure how to articulate them yet. Stay tuned!

Aw yay I was hoping you would endorse me peebs. Thanks!

I will be supporting the LJP ticket this cycle, of course. Nevertheless, it's great that you're back in the arena.

Naturally. Cheesy I was glad to see you back too, and even a little bizarre how we both came back around the same time.

Eh, why not, endorsed for now.

Thank you! I appreciate your support and hope to earn it.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 04:18:41 AM »

The Inaugural Speaker of the great region of the South no less. As the current Southern Speaker, welcome back to being an active Atlasian. Even if you're in the land hungry, expansionist region of Fremont.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 01:32:31 PM »

Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »

The Inaugural Speaker of the great region of the South no less. As the current Southern Speaker, welcome back to being an active Atlasian. Even if you're in the land hungry, expansionist region of Fremont.

Thanks Muaddib! I have fond memories of my time in the South and in the Chamber of Delegates. Everything was so new and unknown and we had to figure out how to set it all up, the symbols, names, procedures... That was pretty exciting and I learned a lot from it. Glad to see you carrying on the traditions down there!

Thank you for the second preference endorsement Mr First Minister!
Elcaspar
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.13

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:00 AM »

I have already endorsed Pericles, but you will definitely be my second preference vote! Good luck with your campaign!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:07 PM »

Naturally. Cheesy I was glad to see you back too, and even a little bizarre how we both came back around the same time.

Thanks Tongue. When meeting your IRL friends is a health hazard, have to stay busy somehow, I guess.
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 07:21:52 PM »

Vice Presidential Announcement
Live Stream from Virginia City, Nevada aka Home

Having thought long and hard about the kind of campaign I'd like to run, I keep finding myself centering around the same idea. We're all going through hard times right now. Probably a lot of us are feeling down. There's no shame in that. If I can, I want my campaign to be an optimistic vision for the future, providing a ray of sunshine in a dark time. I want to focus on how we can come together and build a vibrant, thriving, and tight-knit community, not just in Atlasia the game but in the world we all live outside of it too. We will get through this, and I believe we can emerge in a better place than we were before if we all do our part. It will take hard work and courage to put ourselves out there, but we can do it. It's like in Robert Frost's famous poem: two roads diverged in a wood and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

With that in mind, I considered several fantastic people to be my running mate from a mix of backgrounds and parties. The person who I arrived on is someone who will challenge me to think deeply about policy, someone who is excited about Atlasia's future and wants to have fun, someone who has a strong track record of leadership that I can rely on to lead congress. Above all, he is someone who shares my passion for service and who exemplifies the spirit of my community centered campaign.

He has a distinguished legislative record and a strong passion for the South, my original home region. With the unfortunate and ill-timed unrest between Fremont and the South over the state of Kansas, our alliance is a symbol of friendship between our two regions. While strongly principled and a fighter for his region, he's also well respected by his colleagues across the aisle for his bipartisan negotiating style, activity, and commitment. He's shown a commitment in his campaigns to find solutions to help people who are struggling through difficult moments and to build a stronger community. He's brimming with hope and excited for adventure. He also writes a fantastic newspaper!

My friends, please give a warm welcome to my running mate and hopefully the next Vice President of Atlasia: Southern Speaker Muad'dib!
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2020, 07:32:38 PM »

Quote from: steaming from muaddib.atlasia
Muaddib announcement live stream
Creative Commons 2.0 | Nigel Farage by Gage Skidmore

Thank you Siren,

Now some of y'all might be surprised to see me on a ticket with someone from Fremont *Laughs*. Well it just goes to show what reaching out across the aisle in times of adversity can really do. It's a honer to be on the ticket of a woman with a such a passion for communities and with this whole covid-19 situation we will need all that energy to rebuild our communities. I am please to see that we have a Presidential candidate, The best presidential candidate, who is looking to do just that. This is a great opportunity to reach out to those we have differences with and work together to rebuild a stronger more united local community, region and country.

Shutdowns are hurting the financial wellbeing of everyone, which is total understandable that precautions needed to be taken to keep people safe in this pandemic. But there will be a time where we need to at an appropriate time open up the economy. Mom & Pop stores and those working in them are gonna need a helping hand to get back on their feet. I've consistently fought for small business in the south and I am happy to fight for the small businesses Atlasia wide by take that fight to the very heart of Nyman D.C.

People of Atlasia, this is Your Ticket of Hope, Your ticket to ADVENTURE!
RC (a la Frémont)
ReaganClinton20XX
Atlas Politician
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -6.96

P P P

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »

Endorsed.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2020, 08:39:58 PM »

Recanting my endorsement as this is a(n unfunny)meme ticket.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2020, 08:46:08 PM »

Two really good tickets, but ultimately, I think this is the best path forward - Siren and Muaddib are extremely competent leaders who compliment each other well. Endorsed!
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2020, 09:07:31 PM »

This is a wonderful ticket! I am proud to endorse you both for the White House! It's long overdue for our country to have a real opportunity for some hope and adventure.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2020, 09:10:39 PM »

I remember when you rewarded my service and voted for me to remain PPT after my party lost control of the Senate. You're one of the best people I have worked with in Atlasia, and I am excited to vote for your ticket. Even more so with your excellent choice of running mate. Endorsed!
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies