1992 and on if Bill Clinton never marries Hillary Rodham
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1992 and on if Bill Clinton never marries Hillary Rodham
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1992 and on if Bill Clinton never marries Hillary Rodham  (Read 340 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2020, 01:33:23 PM »

There's a new novel that just came out called "Rodham", that imagines Hillary Rodham's life if she never marries Bill Clinton.  Apparently, the book's version of history has Bill Clinton flopping in his 1992 presidential campaign, as the woman he marries in this timeline doesn't respond to his infidelity as well, and this sinks his campaign.

In honor of that book, I'm wondering if anyone has their own thoughts on how history unfolds differently if Bill and Hillary never marry.  Feel free to stick to the 1992 election if you like, or if you prefer, jump ahead to subsequent elections if that's more interesting.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 01:41:25 PM »

This is something I thought about a lot. I don't want to go in too deep but I think Jerry Brown would have won the 1992 election because of a Perot endorsement but lost to Pete Wilson in 1996 due to a stronger Republcian Revolution in 1994. Brown moves the party leftward and Wilson's hawkish response to the embassy bombings allows Bill Bradley or Russ Feingold to win in 2000. Jeb wins in 2008 as George never goes into politics due to losing the 1994 race because of a Perot gubernatorial campaign. After that it may be a oerfect storm for Bernie Sanders or someone like him to win in 2012.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies