Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:55:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Labor blocks tax cuts for Atlasian small businesses  (Read 817 times)
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2020, 07:26:26 AM »

All I got from this thread is that it’s easy to bait S019 by saying New Jersey bad
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2020, 07:35:38 AM »

Who could have guessed Labor would vote against a bill that implemented right-wing tax cuts. And for better or worse, this is exactly the position that Labor's voters would support.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2020, 10:42:56 PM »

Who could have guessed Labor would vote against a bill that implemented right-wing tax cuts. And for better or worse, this is exactly the position that Labor's voters would support.

Obama supported making the highest corporate rate 28%

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/business/economy/obama-offers-to-cut-corporate-tax-rate-to-28.html

My bill didn’t cut taxes for corporations
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2020, 10:45:19 PM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/22/business/economy/obama-offers-to-cut-corporate-tax-rate-to-28.html

This isn't Barack Obama, this is the Atlasian Labor party and the associated online left.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2020, 10:48:35 PM »

This isn't Barack Obama, this is the Atlasian Labor party and the associated online left.

Also such policy probably isn't popular among Democrats, but Obama needed to do something to get policy through the Republican House, also a massive tax cut for big business is just a bad idea, no matter who proposes it. As I said earlier that's a political maneuver by Obama, not explicit support of a policy.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 01:25:34 PM »

Reminds me of when JCL pushed to go to the "Clinton era tax rates" as a tax cuts. The online left cares little for rl Democratic politicians, and view most of them as either disappointments or worse sell outs to Republicans, which is why that rhetorical line typically falls flat.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies