What country is the manufacturer of your car from?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 11:25:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What country is the manufacturer of your car from?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: What country is the manufacturer of your car from?
USA

Japan

South Korea

Germany

Italy

United Kingdom

France

Other

I don't own a car

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 70

Author Topic: What country is the manufacturer of your car from?  (Read 1305 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2020, 11:13:08 AM »

I do not have a car, as mine officially died in March, and my girlfriend and I are just driving hers until it drops, too.  Before that, I had a German car (2009 Audi A4).  I miss it every day. Sad  (I especially miss it because I got it 4 years used, in 2013, for just $18,000 due to some wacky California trade-in law.)

It lasted barely over a decade? Isn't that kind of really bad?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2020, 11:23:56 AM »

I do not have a car, as mine officially died in March, and my girlfriend and I are just driving hers until it drops, too.  Before that, I had a German car (2009 Audi A4).  I miss it every day. Sad  (I especially miss it because I got it 4 years used, in 2013, for just $18,000 due to some wacky California trade-in law.)

Not for an Audi, I don't think.  Plus, the problem that killed it was undiagnosed by three mechanics (likely due to a lack of knowledge about German cars, I'd imagine), so it probably could have lasted longer.  I think once I finally do buy another car, it will be a more mainstream option that will last longer, OR I will just lease a car I really like rather than buy it. Smiley
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2020, 11:43:32 AM »

You're "carfree" if you live in NYC or someplace like that, and "carless" otherwise.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2020, 12:19:11 PM »

Well I don't own a car, but both of my family's cars are Japanese (2 Mazdas).

Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2020, 12:22:22 PM »

Most American car models are trash tier quality.

They've mostly improved, with the exception of Chrysler/Jeep. Even Daimler was unable to turn them around. How Fiat could be stupid enough to acquire them from Daimler still boggles me.
Our Ford Escape had total transmission failure after 70000 miles! And the Mercury before that had transmission problems too. That 2015 model Ford broke completely while our 2011 model Mazda has never had a problem. They might look good but Ford does not make high quality vehicles.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2020, 01:10:35 PM »

They've mostly improved, with the exception of Chrysler/Jeep. Even Daimler was unable to turn them around. How Fiat could be stupid enough to acquire them from Daimler still boggles me.
Our Ford Escape had total transmission failure after 70000 miles! And the Mercury before that had transmission problems too. That 2015 model Ford broke completely while our 2011 model Mazda has never had a problem. They might look good but Ford does not make high quality vehicles.

Yep. I really tried to buy something American, but I ultimately decided against it.

My Subaru Forester has worked like a charm for almost 5 years, without a single mechanical issue.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2020, 01:37:24 PM »

Not for an Audi, I don't think.  Plus, the problem that killed it was undiagnosed by three mechanics (likely due to a lack of knowledge about German cars, I'd imagine), so it probably could have lasted longer.  I think once I finally do buy another car, it will be a more mainstream option that will last longer, OR I will just lease a car I really like rather than buy it. Smiley

Yikes. Yeah, I could see how that would turn into a problem, but it's a good argument for me to stay away from Audis in the future, not that I was thinking about getting one anyways, but...
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2020, 01:38:31 PM »

Ford
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:35 PM »
« Edited: May 27, 2020, 03:15:12 PM by Nutmeg »

My BMW was manufactured in Regensburg and my Ford truck in Hazelwood, Missouri. The only other car I've owned was German as well, manufactured in Dingolfing.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2020, 03:57:26 PM »

That must be a crappy model if it died that soon. Definitely not worth five figures.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2020, 06:11:19 PM »

I live in LA, not exactly a pedestrian-friendly place.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2020, 06:43:12 PM »

South Korea (Chevy Aveo)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2020, 08:56:54 PM »

Yep. I really tried to buy something American, but I ultimately decided against it.

My Subaru Forester has worked like a charm for almost 5 years, without a single mechanical issue.

The last time I bought a car, GM had improved enough that I bothered to test drive some of their models, tho I ultimately decided not to buy one. (Ford had already announced they were going to get out of the car business to focus (no pun intended) on trucks and SUVs, and I was wanting a car.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies