Favorite Superhero: Batman versus Spider-Man?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:19:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Favorite Superhero: Batman versus Spider-Man?
Batman

Spider-Man

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Favorite Superhero: Batman versus Spider-Man?  (Read 816 times)
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 24, 2020, 11:00:12 AM »

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 12:41:18 PM »

Both are fine. But i'm going with Batman.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 01:04:15 PM »

Batman. I'm not a whiny angsty teenager, nor would I want to be one (again).
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 01:07:57 PM »

You'd prefer to be a whiny, angsty billionaire playboy instead....I see your point.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 02:28:45 PM »

OK, nerd-out time. You've picked 2 very similar characters with very similar backgrounds: both lost parents, both are outcasts, both creep around the top of the city at night, both have something to prove &/or atone for. It's not as simple as, "which is more bad ass?" Spidey technically has super powers, but they're not particularly impressive. Then again, Batman has none, but he's got all of the resources in the world.

I think Batman is more driven. Looking at the original Dark Knight, he was a scary dude: all revenge-y & intense & not really giving a f**k as long as the job got done. Spidey's way more civic-minded; he's a sweet guy, but Peter Parker's shy, loner personality is real, whereas Bruce Wayne's congenial, charming persona is totally a front.

I guess it comes down to which one has a special place my heart, & that's Batman hands down. I remember seeing Batman Begins & The Dark Knight for the first time & how it perfectly captured the essence of a corrupt city, & how Batman - by fighting all of that - represented a symbol of hope in a bleak & dark city like Gotham. And boom, my love of superhero movies would soon emerge, which is why - no matter what - Batman will always be one of my favorite superheroes.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »

OK, nerd-out time. You've picked 2 very similar characters with very similar backgrounds: both lost parents, both are outcasts, both creep around the top of the city at night, both have something to prove &/or atone for. It's not as simple as, "which is more bad ass?" Spidey technically has super powers, but they're not particularly impressive. Then again, Batman has none, but he's got all of the resources in the world.

I think Batman is more driven. Looking at the original Dark Knight, he was a scary dude: all revenge-y & intense & not really giving a f**k as long as the job got done. Spidey's way more civic-minded; he's a sweet guy, but Peter Parker's shy, loner personality is real, whereas Bruce Wayne's congenial, charming persona is totally a front.

I guess it comes down to which one has a special place my heart, & that's Batman hands down. I remember seeing Batman Begins & The Dark Knight for the first time & how it perfectly captured the essence of a corrupt city, & how Batman - by fighting all of that - represented a symbol of hope in a bleak & dark city like Gotham. And boom, my love of superhero movies would soon emerge, which is why - no matter what - Batman will always be one of my favorite superheroes.

You're telling me you felt nothing when Sam Raimi released Spiderman way back when? When Uncle Ben got shot for the first time. When all those New Yorkers stood together to throw bricks at the Green Goblin? Really?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2020, 03:30:02 PM »

You're telling me you felt nothing when Sam Raimi released Spiderman way back when? When Uncle Ben got shot for the first time. When all those New Yorkers stood together to throw bricks at the Green Goblin? Really?

I was 2 at the time, so no.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2020, 04:02:07 PM »

The dark knight, but Spidey is awesome too.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »

I'm basic so they are both my two favorite superheroes. I slightly prefer Batman's more grounded and realistic setting though.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 07:24:08 PM »

I'm, at best, a very light casual fan of comic book characters...

Batman (dark,smart,cool toys) is cooler than Spiderman (brightly colored teen angst)
morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 07:43:21 PM »

Batman
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 07:48:26 PM »

I was 2 at the time, so no.

Well, I feel old now....
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 01:11:10 AM »

You'd prefer to be a whiny, angsty billionaire playboy instead....I see your point.

I'll admit, I want to be part of the 0.0001%.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2020, 02:42:40 AM »

Spider-Man as he is way cooler, the villains lineup is way cooler(Green Goblin in general>Joker) so Spider-Man
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2020, 04:10:33 AM »

Spider-Man
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2020, 09:03:27 AM »

The wall-crawler.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2020, 05:26:29 PM »

I mean I went with Batman still just because he has the better Rpgue's Gallery and superheroes are escapist anyway so....
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2020, 06:58:59 PM »

Spider man has become a fan adventure in 2000s, while Dark Knight after Christian Bale was Terrible, that's why Marvel finished Avengers,  but Justice League was cancelled
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies