A map of the Labor Convention gun vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:02:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  A map of the Labor Convention gun vote
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A map of the Labor Convention gun vote  (Read 586 times)
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2020, 07:10:43 PM »
« edited: May 24, 2020, 05:42:16 PM by Representative Encke »

Thought this would be a fun exercise, since the vote is so close. Some interesting regional divisions here! Tongue

(fully updated)

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 07:14:29 PM »

Peanut?
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:15:24 PM »

lol, took the color scheme from a copy-pasted February 2019 Executive Elections map and forgot to change that to a Nay
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 07:18:28 PM »

Lincolnites anti gun? Who would have thought it?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 07:31:47 PM »

I can’t believe a split is being risked over this issue of all things. Gun Control is not needed if people’s basic necessities are being met; security of all sorts, health, happiness, and social connections, etc.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »

I can’t believe a split is being risked over this issue of all things. Gun Control is not needed if people’s basic necessities are being met; security of all sorts, health, happiness, and social connections, etc.

You're in no place to lecture anyone else on causing needless division. Also leaving aside the merits of having it in the party platform, the number one necessity is life and safety so gun control is relevant to that.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 10:10:31 PM »

You're in no place to lecture anyone else on causing needless division. Also leaving aside the merits of having it in the party platform, the number one necessity is life and safety so gun control is relevant to that.
In that case, I'd like to see you adding support for banning abortion to the Labor platform.  Smiley Murder using guns is already a crime.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »

In some ways I don’t even know why I still do these statements. I need to just relax and enjoy the show sometimes.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 10:47:41 PM »

Jimmy changed his vote btw
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 07:58:25 AM »

I voted against the amendment mainly because my own views on guns have changed quite a bit and I mostly object to the idea of banning assault weapons out of hand. I believe stricter gun safety measures should be taken and we should explore a voluntary weapons buyback with strong incentives. That being said, the party is clearly divided on this issue and it shouldn’t be something we make a focal point—I think many of us would agree that there are rational steps to be taken to make guns safer and keep them out of the hands of dangerous people, but our disagreements should not undermine party unity.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 05:34:31 PM »

California flipped, but otherwise, other states either added votes that didn't change their overall outcomes (VA, NY, NC) or got their first votes that matched the region (MT).

President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 09:37:39 PM »

so weird to see a 1 on a map and realize that it was you who that 1 represented.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies