June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:32:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)  (Read 8936 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: May 23, 2020, 03:47:21 AM »
« edited: July 14, 2020, 02:52:19 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

JUNE 2020 FEDERALIST PARTY CONVENTION
Welcome to Sandy Hook, KY

Our Mission: Is the empowering individuals instead of government and the empowering of regions instead of the centralized state. We are committed to liberty and equality for all, and the checks and balances that protect both. We are committed to the preservation of markets and market choice. We welcome all players, both new and old and value their contributions to the game.

Current Bylaws
Current Platform

Schedule
Delegate Sign-in: March 23 -

Nominated Candidates

Federal:
President:

Vice President:

House:

Regional:

Southern Senate:
Fremont Senate:
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:47:49 AM »

PLEASE SIGN IN

Delegates
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 03:48:05 AM »

X Senator North Carolina Yankee - Party Chair.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »

Looking to start endorsement nominations/Declarations Tuesday morning, which would be 72 hours after I started the sign in period.

If people want to pre-declare, go ahead. Rather that then screaming at people to do it in the last hour. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 01:15:28 PM »

Okay going to officially start the declaration/nomination request period for the upcoming elections. This will run for 72 hours. If there are not enough candidates declared for races, I will extend that declaration period. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 10:53:39 PM »

Don't forget to declare, like I said, I will extend if I have to.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:45 PM »

Well that is one thing I won't have to worry about whipping and chaining out at the last minute. Tongue

hmm tasty whips and chains. Evil
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »

Alright current plan is to start voting Tuesday. Please make sure to have all declarations finalized by then.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 09:11:42 PM »

Last 2 hrs to finalize declarations.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2020, 12:00:02 AM »

I am not able to hold July primary until end of June for July elections because of 30 day bylaw.

Is this everyone?
Official Ballot
President/Vice President
[ ]Pericles/Sestak
[ ]Siren/Muaddib

House
[ ] ReaganClinton
[ ] Encke
[ ] Joseph Cao
[ ] Lechasseur

Lincoln Senate
[ ] ReaganClinton

Southern Senate
[ ] LouisvilleThunder
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2020, 12:32:04 AM »

Wow, completely ignoring my VERY SINCERE CAMPAIGN for the Federalist endorsement for Vice President! This convention is a disaster! Withdrawing my request for an endorsement -- Mr. HCP and I can lose plenty fine without your help!

Don't have to be ashamed of the car I drive. I am just happy to be here, happy to be alive. And it don't matter if your by my side, I'm satisfied.

Tickets are nominated together and are elected together. What am I suppose to do when one rejects and the other requests? Vice Presidents are not separately elected (not for lack of trying on my part) and the Presidential candidate thus is the one I decided to roll with.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2020, 02:27:02 AM »

Wow, completely ignoring my VERY SINCERE CAMPAIGN for the Federalist endorsement for Vice President! This convention is a disaster! Withdrawing my request for an endorsement -- Mr. HCP and I can lose plenty fine without your help!

Don't have to be ashamed of the car I drive. I am just happy to be here, happy to be alive. And it don't matter if your by my side, I'm satisfied.

Tickets are nominated together and are elected together. What am I suppose to do when one rejects and the other requests? Vice Presidents are not separately elected (not for lack of trying on my part) and the Presidential candidate thus is the one I decided to roll with.

What's that? Sorry, can't hear you over the cries of the DELEGATES who want their leaders chosen by PEOPLE, not POLITICIANS. The system is "RIGGED!"

Well it's alright, even if they say you're wrong! Well it's alright, even when you're old and gray! Well its all right, you still got something to say!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2020, 11:43:37 AM »

I am not able to hold July primary until end of June for July elections because of 30 day bylaw.

Is this everyone?
Official Ballot
President/Vice President
[ ]Pericles/Sestak
[ ]Siren/Muaddib

House
[ ] ReaganClinton
[ ] Encke
[ ] Joseph Cao
[ ] Lechasseur

Lincoln Senate
[ ] ReaganClinton

Southern Senate
[ ] LouisvilleThunder

you forget me

Did you declare in both threads? I only saw a post signing in. Per the fhtagn bylaws from early last year, you have to declare in both the Convention thread and the Candidate Declaration Thread.

Please correct this by the time I get home for work. I would like to proceed with the vote then if possible.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2020, 12:28:24 AM »

Okay, voting begins now and will conclude in 72 hours. Only currently registered Federalist may vote. Please use numerical preference for House.

Official Ballot
President/Vice President
[ ]Pericles/Sestak
[ ]Siren/Muaddib

House
[ ] ReaganClinton
[ ] Encke
[ ] Joseph Cao
[ ] Lechasseur
[ ] Old School Republican

Lincoln Senate
[ ] ReaganClinton

Southern Senate
[ ] LouisvilleThunder
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »

mumble mumble all of the candidates are fine and deserving of the nomination mumble

mumble mumble its five candidates for five slate slots so all are going to get the nomination mumble Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 12:04:07 PM »

The 72 hour voting period is now over and the candidates have been officially nominated with Siren beating out Pericles for the Presidential nomination.

I will make the formal post when I get home tonight.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »

Official Results

President/Vice President: Siren/Muaddib

House:
Encke
Joseph Cao
Lechasseur
Old School Republican
ReaganClinton

Lincoln Senate:
ReaganClinton

Southern Senate:
LouisvilleThunder
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2020, 11:57:00 PM »

I think it is close enough now that we can do the July endorsements. Please make sure to post your declarations in both the candidate declaration and in this convention thread.

I am not going to set an official timetable for a vote yet because some candidacies might need some breathing room post election to get off the ground. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2020, 09:51:17 PM »

So I'm aware that Yankee is on reduced activity today, but I'd like to get his thoughts on what I posted.  No rush, though, Yankee....if you can't get to it tonight, get to it tomorrow.  Take care of yourself...RL always comes first. 

I am not sure what you are talking about. We don't have closed primaries, I literally put Pericles on the ballot for endorsement, and he was defeated. It is hard to have a more open of a process than having the other guys ticket on your ballot.

The only people who were not considered, were candidates for JULY offices, because we have a provision that prohibits consideration of nominees more than a month prior to the election itself. We are just starting the process for nominations for those offices now, but I want to give time for people to process the results and make declarations accordingly to the various July offices up.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2020, 02:02:37 AM »

I mean, irl when a party loses several landslides in a row, the party leader is the one blamed and the one who takes the fall Tongue

If Fed turnout was 40% or 30%, I might feel a little inclined to blame myself. Instead Fed turnout was mid to high 60%, which is I would point just a couple points below labor (71% was it?). We have a working recruitment operation and we successfully had slates up and nominated and such forth. Perhaps this is hard to believe, but conservative love to say no a lot more than the left and furthermore it takes great efforts to keep several conservatives from leaving because of how hopeless the numbers are. And these aren't fringe people, these are long standing respected members of this site who feel the urge to leave.

Am I suppose to take the fall for 100 lefties joining this site and finding their way into the game because Trump is an a@%hole?

You are not winning because you have a better organization, you do objectively speaking but not enough to explain anywhere near this level of victory. You are winning because you don't have to fight gravity like we do. You are winning because of the disengagement and arms length nature of participation allowing for the decline in value of speeches/debates and activity/competence in favor of party line votes and discord/PMing. Finally, you are winning because the rl right is largely unified behind Trump, Trump is deeply unpopular and despised throughout the land among the dominant demographics on the site, college educated white males from secular backgrounds. Thus you have endless supply of potential recruits with a far higher percentages of positive responses then those on the right.

So please spare us these self righteous quips, they only come across as condescending and arrogant. Anyone who can do math, read a map and understand trends (Which is a hell of a lot of people on this site) can see the above plainly.

We are going to do what we must and make the best of a horrendous situation until the demographics improve. If the left is ansy about the situation then do something on your side to improve it, but I can tell you, we are not going to be the left's yo-yo and we aren't going to take the hit because you guys get bored.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2020, 08:25:19 PM »

Just asking here, but did we ever hold an election for Party Leader last month? Bylaws say June for one of those....I know, I know, the month isn't over yet. 

Yankee is going to be our leader until he dies. He's the only one keeping us from dying. Without him, you will see the moderates/center-right wingers move to labor and the rest of us create some neo-confederate ACP for shts and giggles

I believe that we should have the leadership election anyway.  Re-elect Yankee by acclamation/unopposed if you want...but again, we should adhere to our own bylaws.

No one said we aren't holding a leadership election. I plan to hold it congruent with the primary for the July elections.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:14 PM »

I am going to start a 48 hour period for declarations/nominations for Chair, Vice Chair, Convention City and of course final declarations/nominations for any July Elections.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the party, I come before you today to speak on our primary purpose, what we must do and how we must navigate a path forward towards eventually leading this nation once again.

The Federalist Party was founded primarily for two major reasons. It was founded as a big tent conservative party to bring back competition and ensure a competing right of center voice to then dominant Liberal Party and its erstwhile allies the Labor Party. At the time elections were not competitive and in the last election, the right of center ticket placed third against the Liberals and Labor.

It was also founded to preserve the victories of the Regional Rights movement that began in 2008, and manifested mostly via the Regional Protection Party through the time of its dissolution in February 2012, and as such committed to the preservation of the Regions and the balanced Federal Republic that it thus ensured would continue to exist.

The continuance of the Federalist Party, and thus the regional rights movement that it thus inherited, is not a subject for debate. It will continue and we will continue to protect our balanced Federal Republican from both the extremes of centralized power in a unitary state and we will also equally and just as strenuously opposed the weakness and chaos inherent any weak confederacy or confederation.

We don't support these things for the sake of balance or for the sake of federalism, we support the balance provided by federalism because they are necessary to preserve and protect our natural God given rights enshrined in Article I of the Constitution and that any system that is either powerful enough to deprive us of these rights or too weak to protect these rights from threats foreign or domestic is a system that is not worthy of being instituted. The government does not give you your rights, nor does the government give you your freedom you are born free with natural and inalienable rights.

When it comes to reforms, we must pursue reforms that strengthen and improve the institutions and structures that exist so that they perform their role within that balanced dynamic better, but we shall never support any reform that moves us more towards the centralism of a unitary state or more towards the separatism and anarchic chaos of confederation and secessionism.

The individual must be therefore empowered in both political and economic considerations. They must be able to choose between a variety of competing options on a free and open market, without the monopoly of an oppressive government or the government in all but name that a private sector monopoly almost inevitably entails.

We must strengthen and facilitate the development of strong families in our economic and tax policies and ensure that we incentivize hard work, betterment, empowerment and economic self-dependence. While our policies should never revel in the intoxicating chaos of radical upheaval to achieve desired objectives regardless of short term consequences, we should strive to reduce dependence and replace the benefit cliff with the gradual reduction of the sliding scale.

We need to strengthen communities with economic policies that promote all regions of the country, and with regional level policies that work to improve education, development and infrastructure with the Federal Government standing in the role of the supportive partner rather than the dictatorial overlord. Our polices on crime must reflect our principles and while doing all practical to protect the people and their safety, must work to protect people's freedom and individual rights as much as they are protecting their safety.

We must recognize that we can do all to material guard our safety and independence while surrendering it at the same time if we don't approach matters of government finance responsibly, therefore responsible finance must be a critical priority, lest we become the pawns of foreign powers, despots and oil Sheiks using their treasury notes to force our hands in geopolitical disputes and questions human rights. As Edmund Burke said, "the government can claim no estate, that which is not drawn on the public estate". All of the government's money is either taxed directly from the people, borrowed at interest against the people or printed away at inflation against the people. As such the government should pay for all new long term spending with dedicated revenues streams, and work to minimize the deficit as much as possible.

When it comes to our national security, we should be restrained yet operate from a position of strength. We should not operate from a position of weakness, but strength comes not only on the first line of defense and were we to buy the best military in the world financed by China like some new truck with a massive loan to the bank, is really our defense anymore? Our objective should be the maintenance of peace unless all other avenues for peace have been thoroughly exhausted. No nation on earth has found itself wealthier, stronger or better off for having engaged in a war. War by nature expends resources, it consumes its people and it leaves the world worse off, it leaves communities disrupted and families torn apart. So while it is indeed true that peace comes from strength, strength is inevitably derived from the maintenance of peace.

We find ourselves fighting for causes and principles that the party has generally always fought for, often times with varying ideological tilts towards either populism or libertarianism but generally speaking the broader issues of federalism, regions taking the lead, individual liberty, market competition, responsible finance and a restrained foreign policy have not and will not be changed and we welcome anyone who supports most of these causes to join us.

We as a party must reject the the clarion call for radicalization in opposition to perceived radicalism on the other side. Years back, when this game faced down the Radical movement, it was the Federalist Party, that first stood up and resisted the selective exclusion that was manifest in that movement. Today, we must likewise resist the urge to stoop to anyone's level and instead stand up for the values and principles that will guide us through this storm just like it has any other. We are not radicals, we are not extremists, we are federalists, and we should not let the desire to respond in kind cause us to waver in those values, alienate our natural allies, and render us weaker and further divided when our cause is just, noble and right.

As a game, we have got to restore civic engagement and participation, we must bring renewal to the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and since we don't have much influence in government, we should thus make our home in AFE. We have to treat discord responsibly, using it as a tool for organization, but for organization that should thus occur in public and on display. If we are to get back anywhere near power, we must defined Atlasian Conservatism along the lines described above, break free of the fear, weakness and rank stupidity of the RL conservative movement and work to a build something special and fun in Atlasia once again.

I know I have said it so many times before, but the legwork matters, the engagement matters, the speeches matters. Even if 75% of this game is now a zombie army, even if it won't change a single vote, this game is only going to change when someone steps up and takes the lead on making that shift a reality. To this end, I applaud the work so far of the ModFed Caucus, but we must do more, more civic activism and engagement in advancement of our principles and causes, if we want to gain and hold more membership. We need to work in unorthodox places, break down barriers of perception and work to rebuild interest, trust and a desire to remain and participate as opposed to leaving and retreating into the darkest cliques of Discord. We need a revolution in actions and mindset that cannot be legislated or amended into being, a fundamental shift that has to begin with one, two, three people and then spreads like wildfire across the land.

I know I have said all of these things before and people have said they agree with all or most of them, yet it doesn't happen. If you want to see the game improved, and the right start clawing its way back to power, then it is time to truly heed my words and time to truly start taking action to bring about the kind of game that we want. No one else is going to do it for us, we have to make the decision individually to come as a group and do these things. We must be bold yet reasonable, impassioned yet restrained.

I want people to think of the Federalist Party as a responsible right, committed to the Federal Republic, strong and vibrant regions, against monopoly (gov't and private), in favor of responsible finance and a restrained foreign policy. I also want people to view the Federalist Party as the party that led the way in revitalizing civic participation and citizen engagement in government. There can and must be more to this game then discord dming/PMing your way to victory on the mass leftist hoard, and I call on all Federalists to bring that to reality.

Thanks for your time and with that I declare for the position of Federalist Party Chair and humbly request your support.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 10:42:14 PM »

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future.

That is not what I said at all. I said it is beyond my power to change the underlying demographics. We are recruiting where it is possible, but a lot of people say no. That means there are two options, give up and leave the game (something I have had to fight back against every single cycle from one form or another) or two make the best of the bad situation until the demographics improve.

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch".

Do you have some secret magic trick to create 40 conservative posters out of thin air. Its easy to mouth platitudes about fighting back, but it is rather annoying considering I just laid out far more concrete steps including AFE Board activism to actually achieve that objective.

And yes these are not new proposals, the simple fact remains that most members on both sides prefer discord memery to active participation in this game. Do you have some means to force that to change?

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

There is a path for this party, and liberty, going forward in Atlasia.  There is a fight that is worthy of having.  Whatever happens, let's make the left remember that FEDERALISTS DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.  We all know what we need to do; now, let's do it.   

If you agree with my vision, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Party Chairman. 

"There are those who talk about it, and there are those who BE ABOUT IT" -- WWE personality John Cena

Actions do speak louder than words. Why should the party trust its leadership to someone who has to be dragged back via facebook every cycle and is perpetually on the list of invalids or near invalid voters?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future.

Quote from: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
That is not what I said at all.

I didn't say that was what you said.  I said that's the attitude that you seem to have recently developed.  BIG difference.

How does one divine one's attitude in a forum except via what someone has posted? You cannot see my facial expression nor read my body language. There is only the words I have written on this board and on discord and none of which have ever conveyed a desire to give up or turn tail and run and I resent the implication that such is being alleged.

That means there are two options, give up and leave the game (something I have had to fight back against every single cycle from one form or another) or two make the best of the bad situation until the demographics improve.

Or a third option; recruit like crazy, stay active, and try to make "the bad situation" better.

How is that different from making the best of a bad situation? Do you think we are not recruiting? We have four or five people working on recruitment on discord, and I just recruited Rover.

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch".

Do you have some secret magic trick to create 40 conservative posters out of thin air. Its easy to mouth platitudes about fighting back, but it is rather annoying considering I just laid out far more concrete steps including AFE Board activism to actually achieve that objective.

I don't have an immediate answer for this, other than not giving up.  Look, I have no personal issue with you.  The only thing I'm a bit upset about is this defeatist attitude you seem to have developed.

What's that? You say you don't have a defeatist attitude? Did you or did you not recently post this:

No matter how much you curb factionalism and ego on the right, there is no natural majority that comes together to deliver victory.
?

I can read and map and do math? Am I suppose to be indenial about the current numbers? You cannot fix a problem unless you understand it and accept it first and that is what I was doing there.

And have you or have you not recently engaged in frequent public criticism of other Federalists? Here's an example.  

LfromNJ is also incredibly naive and inexperienced. He let a single defeat wreck him and has spent the months since refusing to cooperate because he is not satisfied with other people's efforts.

There is a certain phrase that comes to mind; that being Reagan's Commandment.  "Never speak ill of a fellow Republican".  Now, seeing as we're not Republicans, but Federalists, that phrase may or may not apply here.  Nevertheless, I think this is common sense.

LfromNJ hasn't been a Federalist since April and he recently deregistered from the game Fairbol. Where have you been the past four months?

I like LfromNJ, I wish he would come back but the last thing he did was threaten to vote straight ticket labor and in fact did so for House in the last election, as part of an openly admiitted desire to "accelerate the demise of the right".

Seriously Fairbol, how can you lead this party when you aren't even aware of such events?

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

The evidence presented seems to disagree with you.

Not it doesn't.

There is a path for this party, and liberty, going forward in Atlasia.  There is a fight that is worthy of having.  Whatever happens, let's make the left remember that FEDERALISTS DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.  We all know what we need to do; now, let's do it.    

If you agree with my vision, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Party Chairman.  

"There are those who talk about it, and there are those who BE ABOUT IT" -- WWE personality John Cena

Why should the party trust its leadership to someone who has to be dragged back via facebook every cycle and is perpetually on the list of invalids or near invalid voters?

Sure beats trusting in someone that would rather go after other members, and surrender to the left, than stand and fight.  

There's a time to admit defeat, and a time to "give 'em hell".  The latter time is now.  

Again read what I said, your points are flawed or otherwise misunderstand the situation.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies