June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)  (Read 8789 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« on: June 25, 2020, 06:19:56 PM »

It's easy to make the observation that 'we can't keep going this way,' and it's also easy to blame the party for 'not doing enough.' But the fact of the matter is that Labor has a voter registration edge of 43 votes, which is actually closer to 60 votes when you factor in Peace and the LJP. Perhaps you can tell us where we're supposed to find 43 votes (or more accurately, a net 43 votes, because Labor will surely be doing their own recruiting as well)?

I understand that Labor has a large edge in initial numbers.  Those numbers are, in any election, going to be hard to overcome.  Nevertheless, we can't just roll over and play dead.  Whether or not you think we're doing enough, if we truly believe in the principles of liberty and small government, we should be willing to fight for them.  Otherwise, what's the point?

It's hard to fight when you are outnumbered + are a big tent.

Just asking here, but did we ever hold an election for Party Leader last month? Bylaws say June for one of those....I know, I know, the month isn't over yet.  

Yankee is going to be our leader until he dies. He's the only one keeping us from dying. Without him, you will see the moderates/center-right wingers move to labor and the rest of us create some neo-confederate ACP for shts and giggles

Honestly, we might as well have it in the by laws "Yankee is the leader until he dies. He cannot resign. He must pass away".
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »

I nominate Charlottesville, Virginia for the city
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 01:36:24 AM »

I think it's better if members of the party comment on this so newer members aren't confused or are less willing to be involved. Fairbol, I get you are upset, but I think you should have asked members about the situation before making accusations. It's better for party unity, and more importantly, it's better for clarity. You don't have all the facts.

1. Yankee is one of the few people that has yet to give up in the past year and he's always encouraging more people to get involved, voice their opinion, and run. He's also one of the few to stress the right being sane even during times like this

2. Yankee has been pushing us to recruit. Idk if you have tried, but it's difficult. You saw me post a recruitment thread and saw the lack of responses. We tried outside options. We try pming old and new members. Some people just don't want to do this. Additionally, because of Labor's monopoly on the game, we have to be very careful how we recruit. We don't want to be labeled altright, nazis, racist, or w.e. tactics they will use to embolden people on this website. We are fighting against cultural liberalism. We don't have the upper hand here.

3. Even if right now, 99 percent of us voted, we still wouldn't change much because Labor has more people than us. Which is why turnout was good for us 2 weeks ago and we still lost

4. I get you are upset. Believe me, I am upset too. I've been upset for over half a year. A lot of sht happened in 2019 that left me angry with the game and with the feds. I just chose to not voice it in an open thread where it can come across in a negative way.

5. I think you need to take into consideration what it means to lead the party. Yankee brought up an interesting point about how his political views make him in the middle between the center right and the hard right. That makes him pretty qualified to be the leader of the right-winged party in this game. To my knowledge, no one else (besides LT who isn't running) could fit that description

6. Honestly, there is nothing you can really tell us that Yankee has not already. We recruit, we try to remain positive, we try to plan ahead of time, and more importantly, we try to make people active
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 02:56:52 AM »

Wait DeadPrez's thread was a recruitment thread? Lol. That was doomed from the start, people who aren't already registered (and of course for the last few years at least most people who are registered too) don't read random threads on the Fantasy Elections board. And surely someone in the Feds could have advised him of this?

I think you should just stay out of this. You aren't even talking about the right thread
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:26 AM »

One more post, I guess. 

1. Yankee is one of the few people that has yet to give up in the past year and he's always encouraging more people to get involved, voice their opinion, and run. He's also one of the few to stress the right being sane even during times like this

Hmmm....define "giving up".  BY HIS OWN WORDS, Yankee says that "no action is necessary".  Those are his words, not mine.  So even though we have not won a presidential election since God knows when, "no action is necessary"....just go along with the status quo, because we can't beat the left.  Come on, give me a break!  Are we people here, or are we mice?

Also, I'm supposedly taking things out of context by using words that Yankee himself wrote? In case you didn't notice, that's what every politician says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oh....I didn't say that.  You must've heard me wrong".  Second verse, same as the first.   

2. Yankee has been pushing us to recruit. Idk if you have tried, but it's difficult. You saw me post a recruitment thread and saw the lack of responses. We tried outside options. We try pming old and new members. Some people just don't want to do this.

Just because we've tried and failed to pull in large numbers of recruits, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to do that.  We're not quite dead yet, so let's not act like we are. 

Yankee brought up an interesting point about how his political views make him in the middle between the center right and the hard right. That makes him pretty qualified to be the leader of the right-winged party in this game. To my knowledge, no one else (besides LT who isn't running) could fit that description.

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though.

And sometimes, you have to change things up...or fall deeper into irrelevance. 

Hmmm....define "giving up".  BY HIS OWN WORDS, Yankee says that "no action is necessary".  Those are his words, not mine.  So even though we have not won a presidential election since God knows when, "no action is necessary"....just go along with the status quo, because we can't beat the left.  Come on, give me a break!  Are we people here, or are we mice?

Also, I'm supposedly taking things out of context by using words that Yankee himself wrote? In case you didn't notice, that's what every politician says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oh....I didn't say that.  You must've heard me wrong".  Second verse, same as the first.

No action is necessary does not imply giving up. That's a false equivalence. It just means we have to accept the reality until something changes. Giving up means we won't even try even if things change. You are telling us vaguely to do impossible things right now.

Just because we've tried and failed to pull in large numbers of recruits, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to do that.  We're not quite dead yet, so let's not act like we are.

We still try to recruit all the time. Yankee does it. I do it. LT. Encke. Honestly, before I came back, those were probably the three most active Feds when it came to recruitment. No disrespect but when was the last time you tried to recruit? You don't post in recruitcord often, to my knowledge. We do this all the time. We just don't get the results. It's like telling fiscal cons in the GOP to keep proposing spending cuts, while they are proposing spending cuts all the time and blocking bills that raise spending, but then attacking them for not doing the very thing they do.

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though

Name 5 things right now that you will do that Yankee has not done in the last 6 months

Fam don't start the status quo nonsense. Check my pm score. Im the most antiestablishment fed in the party and I'm defending Yankee
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 09:05:10 PM »

Yankee

LT

Charlottesville

MB for governor

1. Jessica
2. Spark

1. Johnathan.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2020, 08:20:14 PM »

Bro didnt even know S019 wasn't a fed anymore. That's not a good look
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 12:07:09 AM »

S019 thinks it's the 80s where every republican is an aggressive social conservative and a believer in the neocon doctrine. Fam it's 2020 we off that nonsense
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2020, 04:11:30 AM »

How much is Labor paying S019 to troll us?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies