June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:01:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Author Topic: June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)  (Read 8768 times)
Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2020, 01:53:30 AM »

Wait DeadPrez's thread was a recruitment thread? Lol. That was doomed from the start, people who aren't already registered (and of course for the last few years at least most people who are registered too) don't read random threads on the Fantasy Elections board. And surely someone in the Feds could have advised him of this?
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2020, 01:53:45 AM »

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

Quote from: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
I have never done that.

The evidence presented seems to disagree with you.

Not it doesn't.

I see we have a difference of opinion.  Let's let our fellow Federalists decide which of us is correct.   

There is no opinion and there is no debate. You have twisted my words in the fashion of mainstream liberal media and used it as an excuse to attack and insult my record as leader of this party.

Playing the desperation game, I see.  Spin, or try to spin, this conversation all you want.  The fact of the matter is this; by your own words, you have admitted that we are not competitive, and that you will do nothing to change that/attempt to change it.  No amount of spin will negate this fact. 

Were you even aware of ACP's merger into the Feds? We recruited somewhere around 6 to 8 people as I recall in the lead up to this election and they recruited more than 20 to counter it.

As I recall, I believe I voted in favor of the merger.  So yes, I was well aware of merger talks between our two caucuses, and the subsequent vote to approve the merger. 

I think I've said about all I wish to say on the leadership election.  It's time for the voters to decide this matter.  I'll leave you with this thought. 

The choice between the two candidates could not be more clear.  If you want the Labor coalition to continue to kick our asses, then by all means, vote for Yankee.  If you'd rather have a competitive Federalist Party, and perhaps a bit more fun in this game, then you should cast your vote for me.  Either way, the future of the Federalist Party is in your hands. 
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2020, 02:04:25 AM »

Seconding the nomination of Providence, RI.

Playing the desperation game, I see.  Spin, or try to spin, this conversation all you want.  The fact of the matter is this; by your own words, you have admitted that we are not competitive, and that you will do nothing to change that/attempt to change it.  No amount of spin will negate this fact.   

An honest question, FairBol. What would you attempt to do – what precise actions would you take – in order to change that fact?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2020, 02:07:59 AM »

Wait DeadPrez's thread was a recruitment thread? Lol. That was doomed from the start, people who aren't already registered (and of course for the last few years at least most people who are registered too) don't read random threads on the Fantasy Elections board. And surely someone in the Feds could have advised him of this?

And that is a fundamental problem with this game right now, at least as far as the sense of helplessness and despair is that you can campaign and do well in debates and run the best campaign with the most reasonable experience and best proposals but the vast majority won't read it and election results are already pre-determined or your path to victory is paved with knowing the right people and just what discord meme to send them to get their vote.

FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2020, 02:13:20 AM »

One more post, I guess. 

1. Yankee is one of the few people that has yet to give up in the past year and he's always encouraging more people to get involved, voice their opinion, and run. He's also one of the few to stress the right being sane even during times like this

Hmmm....define "giving up".  BY HIS OWN WORDS, Yankee says that "no action is necessary".  Those are his words, not mine.  So even though we have not won a presidential election since God knows when, "no action is necessary"....just go along with the status quo, because we can't beat the left.  Come on, give me a break!  Are we people here, or are we mice?

Also, I'm supposedly taking things out of context by using words that Yankee himself wrote? In case you didn't notice, that's what every politician says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oh....I didn't say that.  You must've heard me wrong".  Second verse, same as the first.   

2. Yankee has been pushing us to recruit. Idk if you have tried, but it's difficult. You saw me post a recruitment thread and saw the lack of responses. We tried outside options. We try pming old and new members. Some people just don't want to do this.

Just because we've tried and failed to pull in large numbers of recruits, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to do that.  We're not quite dead yet, so let's not act like we are. 

Yankee brought up an interesting point about how his political views make him in the middle between the center right and the hard right. That makes him pretty qualified to be the leader of the right-winged party in this game. To my knowledge, no one else (besides LT who isn't running) could fit that description.

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though.

And sometimes, you have to change things up...or fall deeper into irrelevance. 
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2020, 02:16:54 AM »

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

The evidence presented seems to disagree with you.

Not it doesn't.

I see we have a difference of opinion.  Let's let our fellow Federalists decide which of us is correct.   

There is no opinion and there is no debate. You have twisted my words in the fashion of mainstream liberal media and used it as an excuse to attack and insult my record as leader of this party.

Were you even aware of ACP's merger into the Feds? We recruited somewhere around 6 to 8 people as I recall in the lead up to this election and they recruited more than 20 to counter it.

As I recall, I believe I voted in favor of the merger.  So yes, I was well aware of merger talks between our two caucuses, and the subsequent vote to approve the merger. 

I think I've said about all I wish to say on the leadership election.  It's time for the voters to decide this matter.  I'll leave you with this thought. 

The choice between the two candidates could not be more clear.  If you want the Labor coalition to continue to kick our asses, then by all means, vote for Yankee.  If you'd rather have a competitive Federalist Party, and perhaps a bit more fun in this game, then you should cast your vote for me.  Either way, the future of the Federalist Party is in your hands. 

>Claims I am spinning things
>ends with a final paragraph full of spin.

No amount of projection will change the facts. The numbers are what they are and you cannot fix those numbers if you lie to yourself about us being competitive when we aren't, thats the whole point of the situation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2020, 02:19:28 AM »

One more post, I guess.  

1. Yankee is one of the few people that has yet to give up in the past year and he's always encouraging more people to get involved, voice their opinion, and run. He's also one of the few to stress the right being sane even during times like this

Hmmm....define "giving up".  BY HIS OWN WORDS, Yankee says that "no action is necessary".  Those are his words, not mine.  So even though we have not won a presidential election since God knows when, "no action is necessary"....just go along with the status quo, because we can't beat the left.  Come on, give me a break!  Are we people here, or are we mice?

Also, I'm supposedly taking things out of context by using words that Yankee himself wrote? In case you didn't notice, that's what every politician says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oh....I didn't say that.  You must've heard me wrong".  Second verse, same as the first.    

2. Yankee has been pushing us to recruit. Idk if you have tried, but it's difficult. You saw me post a recruitment thread and saw the lack of responses. We tried outside options. We try pming old and new members. Some people just don't want to do this.

Just because we've tried and failed to pull in large numbers of recruits, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to do that.  We're not quite dead yet, so let's not act like we are.  

Yankee brought up an interesting point about how his political views make him in the middle between the center right and the hard right. That makes him pretty qualified to be the leader of the right-winged party in this game. To my knowledge, no one else (besides LT who isn't running) could fit that description.

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though.

>Says I have called for no action
>Just wrote 18 paragraphs yesterday calling for action.

Roll Eyes
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2020, 02:56:52 AM »

I think you should just stay out of this. You aren't even talking about the right thread
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:26 AM »

One more post, I guess. 

Hmmm....define "giving up".  BY HIS OWN WORDS, Yankee says that "no action is necessary".  Those are his words, not mine.  So even though we have not won a presidential election since God knows when, "no action is necessary"....just go along with the status quo, because we can't beat the left.  Come on, give me a break!  Are we people here, or are we mice?

Also, I'm supposedly taking things out of context by using words that Yankee himself wrote? In case you didn't notice, that's what every politician says when they get caught with their hand in the cookie jar. "Oh....I didn't say that.  You must've heard me wrong".  Second verse, same as the first.   

Just because we've tried and failed to pull in large numbers of recruits, that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep trying to do that.  We're not quite dead yet, so let's not act like we are. 

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though.

No action is necessary does not imply giving up. That's a false equivalence. It just means we have to accept the reality until something changes. Giving up means we won't even try even if things change. You are telling us vaguely to do impossible things right now.

We still try to recruit all the time. Yankee does it. I do it. LT. Encke. Honestly, before I came back, those were probably the three most active Feds when it came to recruitment. No disrespect but when was the last time you tried to recruit? You don't post in recruitcord often, to my knowledge. We do this all the time. We just don't get the results. It's like telling fiscal cons in the GOP to keep proposing spending cuts, while they are proposing spending cuts all the time and blocking bills that raise spending, but then attacking them for not doing the very thing they do.

There's no doubt that Yankee is indeed qualified to be a leader of this party.  In fact, I'll pledge now to keep him on as a deputy if I'm elected.  However....his qualifications aside, Yankee represents the status quo.  If you're OK with the status quo, then vote for Yankee.  There's another choice, though

Name 5 things right now that you will do that Yankee has not done in the last 6 months

Fam don't start the status quo nonsense. Check my pm score. Im the most antiestablishment fed in the party and I'm defending Yankee
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2020, 03:04:29 AM »

Hahaha what?

This is a really weird dream. I knew I shouldn't have had that burrito.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2020, 05:18:17 AM »

Nomination for Next Convention City
Conservative (previously know a Liberal), Kansas, Southern Region, Atlasia.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2020, 09:02:43 AM »

Nominating Clinton, NC
diptheriadan

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2020, 02:29:32 PM »

Nominating St. Louis, Missouri
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2020, 02:39:01 PM »

Nominating New Haven, CT in honor of Fairbol
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »

Nominating Leesburg, VA, a visit to NOVA could do the Feds well
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2020, 10:10:47 PM »

Why am I not surprised you are recommending a place in the richest county in the country...
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2020, 10:14:51 PM »

Why am I not surprised you are recommending a place in the richest county in the country...

It's more so that Loudoun County is representative of the fiscon soclib voters that you need to win.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2020, 10:35:21 PM »

It's more so that Loudoun County is representative of the fiscon soclib voters that you need to win.

You are not a Federalist. Your out of touch advice and your nominations aren't accepted here.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #143 on: June 30, 2020, 03:22:48 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2020, 03:27:04 AM by Devout Centrist »

If I make a modest suggestion, Danville, VA would be an excellent compromise choice. I assure you that both the Fhtagn wing and the S019 caucus will find this choice acceptable.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2020, 05:19:43 AM »

Might wanna think twice before dissing a fed stronghold that you and AZ won in October!

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2020, 05:35:24 AM »

Something interesting to note is that there are extremely few AZ/Koopa/Siren states in Atlasia.

In fact, there are just 2 of them: West Virginia and Tennessee.

As for those 2, West Virginia was last carried by Labor in Oct 18 (WB vs Yankee). Tennessee has not been carried by Labor any time post-reset (unless Blair won it in Oct 16, the only election without a map). Last time the left won Tennessee was all the way back in Oct 15 (Griffin vs Cris)

Tbh I wonder which is the state with the longest consecutive Labor streak as well
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2020, 10:13:28 AM »

Please review the ballot over for errors. Voting will begin tonight.

Official Ballot
Leadership
Chair:
[ ] North Carolina Yankee
[ ] Fairbol

Vice Chair:
[ ] LouisvilleThunder

Convention Cities:
[ ] Charlottesville, VA
[ ] Providence, RI
[ ] Kansas City, MO
[ ] Indianapolis, IN
[ ] Atlanta, GA
[ ] Minneapolis, MN
[ ] Conservative (previously know a Liberal), Kansas, Southern Region, Atlasia.
[ ] Clinton, NC
[ ] St. Louis, MO

July Offices

Southern Governor:
[ ] MB
[ ] NOTA

Southern Chamber:
[ ] Spark498
[ ] NOTA

Lincoln Governor:
[ ] ReaganClinton20xx
[ ] NOTA

Lincoln Council:
[ ] Brother Jonathan
[ ] Laki
[ ] SO19
[ ] NOTA

A candidate must be preferenced by a majority of those voting to be nominated per the rules. NOTA cancels out the other preferences.
Rep Jessica
Jessica
United States

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2020, 02:58:24 PM »

I am requesting an endorsement for the Chamber of delegates. I'd be honored to represent the party for the southern region.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2020, 11:02:36 PM »

Voting is now open and will last for 72 hours, only presently registered Federalists may vote.

Official Ballot
Leadership
Chair:
[ ] North Carolina Yankee
[ ] Fairbol

Vice Chair:
[ ] LouisvilleThunder

Convention Cities:
[ ] Charlottesville, VA
[ ] Providence, RI
[ ] Kansas City, MO
[ ] Indianapolis, IN
[ ] Atlanta, GA
[ ] Minneapolis, MN
[ ] Conservative (previously know a Liberal), Kansas, Southern Region, Atlasia.
[ ] Clinton, NC
[ ] St. Louis, MO

July Offices

Southern Governor:
[ ] MB
[ ] NOTA

Southern Chamber:
[ ] Spark498
[ ] Jessica
[ ] NOTA

Lincoln Governor:
[ ] ReaganClinton20xx
[ ] NOTA

Lincoln Council:
[ ] Brother Jonathan
[ ] Laki
[ ] SO19
[ ] NOTA

A candidate must be preferenced by a majority of those voting to be nominated per the rules. NOTA cancels out the other preferences.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2020, 11:07:32 PM »

Official Ballot
Leadership
Chair:
[ X ] North Carolina Yankee
[ ] Fairbol

Vice Chair:
[ X ] LouisvilleThunder

Convention Cities:
[ 4 ] Charlottesville, VA
[ 2 ] Providence, RI
[ 3 ] Kansas City, MO
[ 8 ] Indianapolis, IN
[ 6 ] Atlanta, GA
[ 1 ] Minneapolis, MN
[ 7 ] Conservative (previously know a Liberal), Kansas, Southern Region, Atlasia.
[ 5 ] Clinton, NC
[ 9 ] St. Louis, MO

July Offices

Southern Governor:
[ ] MB
[ X ] NOTA

Southern Chamber:
[ 2 ] Spark498
[ 1 ] Jessica
[ ] NOTA
[ 3 ] Write-in: Tmthforu94

Lincoln Governor: