June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:53:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: June 2020 Federalist Party Convention (Adjourned)  (Read 8793 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2020, 09:24:14 PM »

I am going to start a 48 hour period for declarations/nominations for Chair, Vice Chair, Convention City and of course final declarations/nominations for any July Elections.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2020, 09:29:50 PM »

I declare for Vice Chair.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2020, 10:33:29 PM »

Ladies and Gentlemen of the party, I come before you today to speak on our primary purpose, what we must do and how we must navigate a path forward towards eventually leading this nation once again.

The Federalist Party was founded primarily for two major reasons. It was founded as a big tent conservative party to bring back competition and ensure a competing right of center voice to then dominant Liberal Party and its erstwhile allies the Labor Party. At the time elections were not competitive and in the last election, the right of center ticket placed third against the Liberals and Labor.

It was also founded to preserve the victories of the Regional Rights movement that began in 2008, and manifested mostly via the Regional Protection Party through the time of its dissolution in February 2012, and as such committed to the preservation of the Regions and the balanced Federal Republic that it thus ensured would continue to exist.

The continuance of the Federalist Party, and thus the regional rights movement that it thus inherited, is not a subject for debate. It will continue and we will continue to protect our balanced Federal Republican from both the extremes of centralized power in a unitary state and we will also equally and just as strenuously opposed the weakness and chaos inherent any weak confederacy or confederation.

We don't support these things for the sake of balance or for the sake of federalism, we support the balance provided by federalism because they are necessary to preserve and protect our natural God given rights enshrined in Article I of the Constitution and that any system that is either powerful enough to deprive us of these rights or too weak to protect these rights from threats foreign or domestic is a system that is not worthy of being instituted. The government does not give you your rights, nor does the government give you your freedom you are born free with natural and inalienable rights.

When it comes to reforms, we must pursue reforms that strengthen and improve the institutions and structures that exist so that they perform their role within that balanced dynamic better, but we shall never support any reform that moves us more towards the centralism of a unitary state or more towards the separatism and anarchic chaos of confederation and secessionism.

The individual must be therefore empowered in both political and economic considerations. They must be able to choose between a variety of competing options on a free and open market, without the monopoly of an oppressive government or the government in all but name that a private sector monopoly almost inevitably entails.

We must strengthen and facilitate the development of strong families in our economic and tax policies and ensure that we incentivize hard work, betterment, empowerment and economic self-dependence. While our policies should never revel in the intoxicating chaos of radical upheaval to achieve desired objectives regardless of short term consequences, we should strive to reduce dependence and replace the benefit cliff with the gradual reduction of the sliding scale.

We need to strengthen communities with economic policies that promote all regions of the country, and with regional level policies that work to improve education, development and infrastructure with the Federal Government standing in the role of the supportive partner rather than the dictatorial overlord. Our polices on crime must reflect our principles and while doing all practical to protect the people and their safety, must work to protect people's freedom and individual rights as much as they are protecting their safety.

We must recognize that we can do all to material guard our safety and independence while surrendering it at the same time if we don't approach matters of government finance responsibly, therefore responsible finance must be a critical priority, lest we become the pawns of foreign powers, despots and oil Sheiks using their treasury notes to force our hands in geopolitical disputes and questions human rights. As Edmund Burke said, "the government can claim no estate, that which is not drawn on the public estate". All of the government's money is either taxed directly from the people, borrowed at interest against the people or printed away at inflation against the people. As such the government should pay for all new long term spending with dedicated revenues streams, and work to minimize the deficit as much as possible.

When it comes to our national security, we should be restrained yet operate from a position of strength. We should not operate from a position of weakness, but strength comes not only on the first line of defense and were we to buy the best military in the world financed by China like some new truck with a massive loan to the bank, is really our defense anymore? Our objective should be the maintenance of peace unless all other avenues for peace have been thoroughly exhausted. No nation on earth has found itself wealthier, stronger or better off for having engaged in a war. War by nature expends resources, it consumes its people and it leaves the world worse off, it leaves communities disrupted and families torn apart. So while it is indeed true that peace comes from strength, strength is inevitably derived from the maintenance of peace.

We find ourselves fighting for causes and principles that the party has generally always fought for, often times with varying ideological tilts towards either populism or libertarianism but generally speaking the broader issues of federalism, regions taking the lead, individual liberty, market competition, responsible finance and a restrained foreign policy have not and will not be changed and we welcome anyone who supports most of these causes to join us.

We as a party must reject the the clarion call for radicalization in opposition to perceived radicalism on the other side. Years back, when this game faced down the Radical movement, it was the Federalist Party, that first stood up and resisted the selective exclusion that was manifest in that movement. Today, we must likewise resist the urge to stoop to anyone's level and instead stand up for the values and principles that will guide us through this storm just like it has any other. We are not radicals, we are not extremists, we are federalists, and we should not let the desire to respond in kind cause us to waver in those values, alienate our natural allies, and render us weaker and further divided when our cause is just, noble and right.

As a game, we have got to restore civic engagement and participation, we must bring renewal to the Atlas Fantasy Elections board and since we don't have much influence in government, we should thus make our home in AFE. We have to treat discord responsibly, using it as a tool for organization, but for organization that should thus occur in public and on display. If we are to get back anywhere near power, we must defined Atlasian Conservatism along the lines described above, break free of the fear, weakness and rank stupidity of the RL conservative movement and work to a build something special and fun in Atlasia once again.

I know I have said it so many times before, but the legwork matters, the engagement matters, the speeches matters. Even if 75% of this game is now a zombie army, even if it won't change a single vote, this game is only going to change when someone steps up and takes the lead on making that shift a reality. To this end, I applaud the work so far of the ModFed Caucus, but we must do more, more civic activism and engagement in advancement of our principles and causes, if we want to gain and hold more membership. We need to work in unorthodox places, break down barriers of perception and work to rebuild interest, trust and a desire to remain and participate as opposed to leaving and retreating into the darkest cliques of Discord. We need a revolution in actions and mindset that cannot be legislated or amended into being, a fundamental shift that has to begin with one, two, three people and then spreads like wildfire across the land.

I know I have said all of these things before and people have said they agree with all or most of them, yet it doesn't happen. If you want to see the game improved, and the right start clawing its way back to power, then it is time to truly heed my words and time to truly start taking action to bring about the kind of game that we want. No one else is going to do it for us, we have to make the decision individually to come as a group and do these things. We must be bold yet reasonable, impassioned yet restrained.

I want people to think of the Federalist Party as a responsible right, committed to the Federal Republic, strong and vibrant regions, against monopoly (gov't and private), in favor of responsible finance and a restrained foreign policy. I also want people to view the Federalist Party as the party that led the way in revitalizing civic participation and citizen engagement in government. There can and must be more to this game then discord dming/PMing your way to victory on the mass leftist hoard, and I call on all Federalists to bring that to reality.

Thanks for your time and with that I declare for the position of Federalist Party Chair and humbly request your support.

Rover
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.18, S: -4.42

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2020, 11:27:45 PM »

X Rover
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »

I hereby declare my candidacy for the position of Party Chairman.  A speech will be forthcoming. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2020, 07:31:50 PM »

My fellow Federalists,

The mission of this party has always been to protect liberty through the election of principled leaders.  In that respect, I am pained to report that we have utterly failed as of late.  Right now, the Labor-Left coalition is enjoying one of its greatest periods of growth ever.  That doesn't bode well for Federalists....or for freedom. 

I probably don't need to tell you that we can't continue in this way, at least not if we expect to be taken seriously.  If we are to remain viable, we need to make some changes, difficult though they may be to make.  Those changes start at the very top of the party. 

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future. 

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch". 

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back. 

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?"

There is a path for this party, and liberty, going forward in Atlasia.  There is a fight that is worthy of having.  Whatever happens, let's make the left remember that FEDERALISTS DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.  We all know what we need to do; now, let's do it.   

If you agree with my vision, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Party Chairman. 

"There are those who talk about it, and there are those who BE ABOUT IT" -- WWE personality John Cena
FairBol
United States

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2020, 07:33:31 PM »

So which party are we going to be...a party which simply talks about fighting the good fight, or a party that actually fights? It's time to decide. 
diptheriadan

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2020, 08:23:54 PM »

So, entirely unrelated to above poster's truly inspiring speech, is there a procedure for removing inactive Chairmans or a plan of succession if such a situation arose?
diptheriadan

« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2020, 08:51:31 PM »

x diptheriadan
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2020, 08:56:27 PM »

So, entirely unrelated to above poster's truly inspiring speech, is there a procedure for removing inactive Chairmans or a plan of succession if such a situation arose?

From the party bylaws (linked in the OP):

6. Leadership Vacancies. Vacancies may be deemed to have occurred if party leaders resign, lose the confidence of the party by majority vote, or have not posted within the Atlasia sub-boards for two (2) weeks or more. In the event of a vacancy in the office of secretary, the chair shall appoint another member to the office. In the event of a vacancy in the office of vice chair, members shall have ample time to declare their intention to run for the vacant position. After that time, the chair shall hold an IRV election for the vice chair position, to last three (3) days. In the event of a vacancy in the office of chair, the vice chair shall become chair of the Federalist Party, unless he wishes to remain in his current position. In that case, an election for chair will be held.
diptheriadan

« Reply #110 on: June 28, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »

From the party bylaws (linked in the OP):

6. Leadership Vacancies. Vacancies may be deemed to have occurred if party leaders resign, lose the confidence of the party by majority vote, or have not posted within the Atlasia sub-boards for two (2) weeks or more. In the event of a vacancy in the office of secretary, the chair shall appoint another member to the office. In the event of a vacancy in the office of vice chair, members shall have ample time to declare their intention to run for the vacant position. After that time, the chair shall hold an IRV election for the vice chair position, to last three (3) days. In the event of a vacancy in the office of chair, the vice chair shall become chair of the Federalist Party, unless he wishes to remain in his current position. In that case, an election for chair will be held.

Thank you so much! It's people like you that keep this game from going to the pigs (of which I am one; oink oink).
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2020, 09:21:50 PM »

I nominate Charlottesville, Virginia for the city
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2020, 10:42:14 PM »

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future.

That is not what I said at all. I said it is beyond my power to change the underlying demographics. We are recruiting where it is possible, but a lot of people say no. That means there are two options, give up and leave the game (something I have had to fight back against every single cycle from one form or another) or two make the best of the bad situation until the demographics improve.

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch".

Do you have some secret magic trick to create 40 conservative posters out of thin air. Its easy to mouth platitudes about fighting back, but it is rather annoying considering I just laid out far more concrete steps including AFE Board activism to actually achieve that objective.

And yes these are not new proposals, the simple fact remains that most members on both sides prefer discord memery to active participation in this game. Do you have some means to force that to change?

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

There is a path for this party, and liberty, going forward in Atlasia.  There is a fight that is worthy of having.  Whatever happens, let's make the left remember that FEDERALISTS DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.  We all know what we need to do; now, let's do it.   

If you agree with my vision, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Party Chairman. 

"There are those who talk about it, and there are those who BE ABOUT IT" -- WWE personality John Cena

Actions do speak louder than words. Why should the party trust its leadership to someone who has to be dragged back via facebook every cycle and is perpetually on the list of invalids or near invalid voters?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2020, 11:26:02 PM »

Nominating Providence, Rhode Island
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2020, 11:44:50 PM »

Nominating Kansas City, MO
FairBol
United States

« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2020, 11:48:10 PM »

Quote from: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
That is not what I said at all.

I didn't say that was what you said.  I said that's the attitude that you seem to have recently developed.  BIG difference.

That means there are two options, give up and leave the game (something I have had to fight back against every single cycle from one form or another) or two make the best of the bad situation until the demographics improve.

Or a third option; recruit like crazy, stay active, and try to make "the bad situation" better. 

Do you have some secret magic trick to create 40 conservative posters out of thin air. Its easy to mouth platitudes about fighting back, but it is rather annoying considering I just laid out far more concrete steps including AFE Board activism to actually achieve that objective.

I don't have an immediate answer for this, other than not giving up.  Look, I have no personal issue with you.  The only thing I'm a bit upset about is this defeatist attitude you seem to have developed.

What's that? You say you don't have a defeatist attitude? Did you or did you not recently post this:

No matter how much you curb factionalism and ego on the right, there is no natural majority that comes together to deliver victory.

?

And have you or have you not recently engaged in frequent public criticism of other Federalists? Here's an example. 

LfromNJ is also incredibly naive and inexperienced. He let a single defeat wreck him and has spent the months since refusing to cooperate because he is not satisfied with other people's efforts.

There is a certain phrase that comes to mind; that being Reagan's Commandment.  "Never speak ill of a fellow Republican".  Now, seeing as we're not Republicans, but Federalists, that phrase may or may not apply here.  Nevertheless, I think this is common sense. 

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

The evidence presented seems to disagree with you. 

Why should the party trust its leadership to someone who has to be dragged back via facebook every cycle and is perpetually on the list of invalids or near invalid voters?

Sure beats trusting in someone that would rather go after other members, and surrender to the left, than stand and fight. 

There's a time to admit defeat, and a time to "give 'em hell".  The latter time is now. 
FairBol
United States

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2020, 11:56:14 PM »

I nominate Indianapolis, Indiana, as the host city for the next convention. 
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #117 on: June 28, 2020, 11:56:28 PM »

Nominating Atlanta, Georgia
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2020, 12:01:38 AM »

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future.

I didn't say that was what you said.  I said that's the attitude that you seem to have recently developed.  BIG difference.

How does one divine one's attitude in a forum except via what someone has posted? You cannot see my facial expression nor read my body language. There is only the words I have written on this board and on discord and none of which have ever conveyed a desire to give up or turn tail and run and I resent the implication that such is being alleged.

That means there are two options, give up and leave the game (something I have had to fight back against every single cycle from one form or another) or two make the best of the bad situation until the demographics improve.

Or a third option; recruit like crazy, stay active, and try to make "the bad situation" better.

How is that different from making the best of a bad situation? Do you think we are not recruiting? We have four or five people working on recruitment on discord, and I just recruited Rover.

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch".

I don't have an immediate answer for this, other than not giving up.  Look, I have no personal issue with you.  The only thing I'm a bit upset about is this defeatist attitude you seem to have developed.

What's that? You say you don't have a defeatist attitude? Did you or did you not recently post this:

No matter how much you curb factionalism and ego on the right, there is no natural majority that comes together to deliver victory.
?

I can read and map and do math? Am I suppose to be indenial about the current numbers? You cannot fix a problem unless you understand it and accept it first and that is what I was doing there.

And have you or have you not recently engaged in frequent public criticism of other Federalists? Here's an example.  

LfromNJ is also incredibly naive and inexperienced. He let a single defeat wreck him and has spent the months since refusing to cooperate because he is not satisfied with other people's efforts.

There is a certain phrase that comes to mind; that being Reagan's Commandment.  "Never speak ill of a fellow Republican".  Now, seeing as we're not Republicans, but Federalists, that phrase may or may not apply here.  Nevertheless, I think this is common sense.

LfromNJ hasn't been a Federalist since April and he recently deregistered from the game Fairbol. Where have you been the past four months?

I like LfromNJ, I wish he would come back but the last thing he did was threaten to vote straight ticket labor and in fact did so for House in the last election, as part of an openly admiitted desire to "accelerate the demise of the right".

Seriously Fairbol, how can you lead this party when you aren't even aware of such events?

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

Not it doesn't.

There is a path for this party, and liberty, going forward in Atlasia.  There is a fight that is worthy of having.  Whatever happens, let's make the left remember that FEDERALISTS DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT.  We all know what we need to do; now, let's do it.    

Why should the party trust its leadership to someone who has to be dragged back via facebook every cycle and is perpetually on the list of invalids or near invalid voters?

Sure beats trusting in someone that would rather go after other members, and surrender to the left, than stand and fight.  

There's a time to admit defeat, and a time to "give 'em hell".  The latter time is now.  

Again read what I said, your points are flawed or otherwise misunderstand the situation.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2020, 12:05:22 AM »

So you want to fight back against the left, but we cannot mildly disagree and criticize the actions of an ex-Federalist who openly advocated for the destruction of the right, Fairbol? You are being inconsistent.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2020, 12:35:17 AM »

I'll nominate Minneapolis, MN.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2020, 12:38:16 AM »

In the interest of creating drama, endorsing Fairbol for Chair
FairBol
United States

« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2020, 12:56:30 AM »

I didn't say that was what you said.  I said that's the attitude that you seem to have recently developed.  BIG difference.

How does one divine one's attitude in a forum except via what someone has posted? You cannot see my facial expression nor read my body language. There is only the words I have written on this board and on discord and none of which have ever conveyed a desire to give up or turn tail and run and I resent the implication that such is being alleged.

You're saying I'm putting words in your mouth.  I get that, but I'd have to disagree.  Again, did you or did you not make the statements that I have alleged you made? You're correct that I can't see your face, or know exactly what you're thinking.  All I have to go on are your words, which I am seeking to hold you to.  When someone says they are going to do (or not do) something, it's at least advisable to take them at their word.   

How is that different from making the best of a bad situation?

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, "making the best" of it implies a general attitude of "going along to get along".  I don't claim to be a mind-reader...far from it...but that's how things seem to me.  I've never been a fan of that. 

I don't have an immediate answer for this, other than not giving up.  Look, I have no personal issue with you.  The only thing I'm a bit upset about is this defeatist attitude you seem to have developed.

?

I can read and map and do math? Am I suppose to be indenial about the current numbers? You cannot fix a problem unless you understand it and accept it first and that is what I was doing there.[/quote]

Obviously you can, and so can I.  We've been smacked around; I know we're down.  The difference between me and you is that you (apparently) think we've been knocked out, whereas I don't.  I see hope, and a light at the end of the tunnel.  You, on the other hand, want to let the left continue to run the show. 

By the way, when (for example) a baseball team underperforms, who's usually the first team member to get the heave-ho? It's the manager.  Ultimately, the performance of the team is his responsibility.  The manager does what he needs to do in order to win.  If he doesn't or can't do that....well, the next step is the unemployment line. 

In the same way, our performance (or lack thereof) as of late is your responsibility. Positive change always begins at the top.  It's time to make that change.

Again read what I said, your points are flawed or otherwise misunderstand the situation.

The point about LfromNJ notwithstanding, I don't think they are inherently "flawed".  And I don't think I'm misunderstanding things. 

The fact of the matter is, we've been getting defeated at every turn by the left.  That's the current problem.  There are two ways to deal with this issue.  We can either maintain the status quo, and continue to get OWNED by Labor and the left....or, we can make necessary changes, and begin to be competitive again.  Which way we go is up to the membership.

I have never done that.

Not it doesn't.

I see we have a difference of opinion.  Let's let our fellow Federalists decide which of us is correct.   
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2020, 01:14:31 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2020, 01:17:53 AM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Now, a word about Yankee.  His leadership and political skills have served this party well; I have no doubt that this will continue in the future.  Even so, it seems to me that lately, Yankee has developed an attitude of apathy, or "yeah, the left's winning.  What do you want me to do about it?".  I don't believe that this kind of attitude is good for our long-term future.

I didn't say that was what you said.  I said that's the attitude that you seem to have recently developed.  BIG difference.

You're saying I'm putting words in your mouth.  I get that, but I'd have to disagree.  Again, did you or did you not make the statements that I have alleged you made? You're correct that I can't see your face, or know exactly what you're thinking.  All I have to go on are your words, which I am seeking to hold you to.  When someone says they are going to do (or not do) something, it's at least advisable to take them at their word.

Again you are putting words in my mouth, you are clipping my words assessing the situation out of context the same way liberals often do to conservatives to claim that I am endorsing inaction. NO, I am laying out the facts so that people are under no illusions that action is necessary.

How is that different from making the best of a bad situation?

Maybe I'm wrong, but to me, "making the best" of it implies a general attitude of "going along to get along".  I don't claim to be a mind-reader...far from it...but that's how things seem to me.  I've never been a fan of that.

Ask Encke, this is a bad situation because that is what the numbers say, Fairbol. To actually address the situation at hand you have to accept the numbers for what they are first.

Thus, I believe that maybe it's time to look in a different direction than that of our current chairman's leadership.  All due respect to Yankee, but if he's not willing to "run with the big dogs" (so to speak), he should "stay on the porch".

I don't have an immediate answer for this, other than not giving up.  Look, I have no personal issue with you.  The only thing I'm a bit upset about is this defeatist attitude you seem to have developed.

?

I can read and map and do math? Am I suppose to be indenial about the current numbers? You cannot fix a problem unless you understand it and accept it first and that is what I was doing there.

Obviously you can, and so can I.  We've been smacked around; I know we're down.  The difference between me and you is that you (apparently) think we've been knocked out, whereas I don't.  I see hope, and a light at the end of the tunnel.  You, on the other hand, want to let the left continue to run the show.  

By the way, when (for example) a baseball team underperforms, who's usually the first team member to get the heave-ho? It's the manager.  Ultimately, the performance of the team is his responsibility.  The manager does what he needs to do in order to win.  If he doesn't or can't do that....well, the next step is the unemployment line.  

In the same way, our performance (or lack thereof) as of late is your responsibility. Positive change always begins at the top.  It's time to make that change.[/quote]

This is not baseball. This is an elections game where the left has a 50 person registration advantage and an endless pool of new members to draw from beyond that, while we face a restricted pool with more and more people leaving every day because of the site at large, not because of anything you or I did, could or will do. A good example is Fuzzy Bear left because of the forum at large, were you aware of this development?

My job is to organize and get people pushing in the right direction, but when you are fighting against gravity you aren't going to get desirable results until the landscape changes. I cannot get Trump out of office so that he stops driving lefties to join this site Fairbol, and neither can you.

The point about LfromNJ notwithstanding, I don't think they are inherently "flawed".  And I don't think I'm misunderstanding things.  

The fact of the matter is, we've been getting defeated at every turn by the left.  That's the current problem.  There are two ways to deal with this issue.  We can either maintain the status quo, and continue to get OWNED by Labor and the left....or, we can make necessary changes, and begin to be competitive again.  Which way we go is up to the membership.

You won't become competitive again with empty platitudes and complete lack of awareness to who and how people have changed, moved left, left the game or otherwise have changed. Either you move far to the left to split off a huge chunk of labor or you recruit and pray some inspired act of god changes the demographics on Atlas back to 2013-2016 numbers when we were always tied for the most part. Are you in any position to deliver either of those two?

As Federalists, we all believe in the principles of small government, liberty, and freedom.  Right now, the prevailing view is against these principles.  Nevertheless, it is inherently one of our "mission objectives" to stand and fight for these beliefs.  At the moment, we don't seem to be doing too much of that.  Therefore, perhaps it's time that we started to fight back.

The left doesn't think we have any fight in us; I know better.  As chairman, I won't throw up my hands at the situation, and say "oh well, what can I do?".

I have never done that.

Not it doesn't.

I see we have a difference of opinion.  Let's let our fellow Federalists decide which of us is correct.  

There is no opinion and there is no debate. You have twisted my words in the fashion of mainstream liberal media and used it as an excuse to attack and insult my record as leader of this party. Our turnout was just about equal in percentage terms to Labor, we recruit wherever we can, and we got our candidates nominated and running. The reason we lost is because Labor has 110 members plus third parties and we have just 78, including the ex ACP. Were you even aware of ACP's merger into the Feds? We recruited somewhere around 6 to 8 people as I recall in the lead up to this election and they recruited more than 20 to counter it.

Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2020, 01:36:24 AM »

I think it's better if members of the party comment on this so newer members aren't confused or are less willing to be involved. Fairbol, I get you are upset, but I think you should have asked members about the situation before making accusations. It's better for party unity, and more importantly, it's better for clarity. You don't have all the facts.

1. Yankee is one of the few people that has yet to give up in the past year and he's always encouraging more people to get involved, voice their opinion, and run. He's also one of the few to stress the right being sane even during times like this

2. Yankee has been pushing us to recruit. Idk if you have tried, but it's difficult. You saw me post a recruitment thread and saw the lack of responses. We tried outside options. We try pming old and new members. Some people just don't want to do this. Additionally, because of Labor's monopoly on the game, we have to be very careful how we recruit. We don't want to be labeled altright, nazis, racist, or w.e. tactics they will use to embolden people on this website. We are fighting against cultural liberalism. We don't have the upper hand here.

3. Even if right now, 99 percent of us voted, we still wouldn't change much because Labor has more people than us. Which is why turnout was good for us 2 weeks ago and we still lost

4. I get you are upset. Believe me, I am upset too. I've been upset for over half a year. A lot of sht happened in 2019 that left me angry with the game and with the feds. I just chose to not voice it in an open thread where it can come across in a negative way.

5. I think you need to take into consideration what it means to lead the party. Yankee brought up an interesting point about how his political views make him in the middle between the center right and the hard right. That makes him pretty qualified to be the leader of the right-winged party in this game. To my knowledge, no one else (besides LT who isn't running) could fit that description

6. Honestly, there is nothing you can really tell us that Yankee has not already. We recruit, we try to remain positive, we try to plan ahead of time, and more importantly, we try to make people active
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies