Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:06:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread  (Read 14777 times)
roxas11
United States

« on: May 23, 2020, 03:23:10 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2020, 03:31:14 PM by roxas11 »

I've come around to the belief that we should be requiring a polygraph exam of anyone who wishes national attention over long ago allegations of sexual abuse before these things are allowed to detail our political processes.  There is no reason to believe Blasey Ford and disbelieve Reade or vice versa.  Not requiring this has brought us to the point where people only believe what is politically expedient for them to believe.

Right now, there's no reason someone can make these kinds of allegations in a way that will bring no real closure to the matter.  Kavanaugh and Biden have both had there names sullied, but to say that either accusation has been proven even to the level of probable cause.  So I want those making decades old allegations to take a polygraph by a neutral polygrapher before there allegations go center stage.  They should not simply be believed uncritically.  I can't think of a way that's more fair to the American public.  Because these allegations by  Blasey Ford and Reade are, at this point and in this context, political accusations.  Unfair?  Maybe, but it's the least worst way at this point.

Lets end this BS Blasey Ford comparison once in for all

1. The first thing Ford did before gong public was take and pass a polygraph test that showed that she was telling the truth

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/26/kavanaugh-accuser-polygraph-results-844071

by comparison Tara said that Biden should take one and not her because she is not the criminal he is. this answer stands out because up until that moment she was saying yes to everything Meagan was asking of her but when this came up.....suddenly she stated throwing out excuses about why she should should not have to take one . In the end she claims that she would only do it if Biden did one first.

2. Biden actually supported the media looking into the claims made against him

Kavanaugh refused to support a FBI investigation looking into Ford allegations

That to me is the reason why I will always believe kavanaugh is guilty
why would an innocent person refuse to support a Full FBI investigation that would have cleared their name. If there was nothing there and he had nothing to hide than why did have keep refusing to have the FBI look into it.

again Ford 100 percent supported an FBI investigation looking into her claims
this is someone who could have went to prison had she been caught lying to the FBI yet she made it clear that she wanted them to investigate her and she wanted them to interview her.

sadly that never happened since there was never full investigation done and the FBI never even  talked to ford in the end
roxas11
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 11:19:54 PM »

Polygraphs are fine for the Maury show, they should be nowhere near any kind of criminal matter.

Which is ironic since Tara herself said this

"Joe Biden should take the polygraph," Reade said. "What kind of precedent does that set for survivors of violence?"

"Does that mean we're presumed guilty, and we all have to take polygraphs," Reade asked. "So I'll take one if Joe Biden takes one. But I'm not a criminal."

roxas11
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2020, 06:36:01 PM by roxas11 »

Omar is an idiot and takes the bait.

Judging by most of the twitter comment from that post
Omar is getting trashed for saying that and many are saying they wont support her any more after this.
Look I can understand if Omar had said this when Tara first starting making the allegations
but at this point the damming facts about Tara is already out and her credibility has already been destroyed.

So why she thinks that backing her at this point is good idea is beyond me  
all she does is hurt herself going forward and if she is not careful that could lead to a primary against her.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 10:10:41 AM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 10:21:11 AM by roxas11 »

Tara Reade is open to speaking at the RNC

This would be a very foolish move on her part
she would destroy the little credibility she has left.

The second she steps foot on that stage he would undermine the credibility of her original allegation.

her allegation would now been seen as being 100 percent politically motivated from the very start and She will be getting questions about why she is speaking on behalf of man who has been accused of assaulting all of these woman........

Its 1 thing for her to say that she will not support Biden  
Its another for her to now actively support and try to reelect a man who himself has been accused of raping multiple woman.

roxas11
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 04:51:08 PM by roxas11 »

Reade being willing to speak at the RNC just proves that this was always about some vendetta against Biden.

She rightly has little credibility at this point and this will damage hers further in the eyes of the general public, but it doesn't do this. It's easily characterised as grift and probably is, but it's also quite plausible to imagine an upset survivor being willing to participate in a political campaign against their abuser.
Only if said "survivor" hadn't praised her "abuser" just a few years earlier and eagerly supported the presidential ticket upon which he featured in 2008 and 2012.

I’m not saying Tara Reade is credible. I’m saying appearing on Biden’s opponent’s platform would not, in isolation, be a slam dunk against her case (which looks very weak for other reasons).

I disagree

In this case not only would it be a slam dunk against her
it would also make her look like a massive hypocrite for tuning a blind eye to the many woman who have accused trump of rape. The fact is if she did this she would now be supporting a man who is accused of sexually assaulting other woman.

As another poster pointed out maybe if she was asking to speak for Romney or McCain things would be different but her Backing Trump would be rightfully seen as smack in the face to many of the woman who has accused trump of rape.  

As I said before her being anti Biden is one thing
her now saying she is Pro Trump and will activity help him get reelected by speaking at his convention is another........
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies