Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:21:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread  (Read 14755 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:27:19 PM »

I've come around to the belief that we should be requiring a polygraph exam of anyone who wishes national attention over long ago allegations of sexual abuse before these things are allowed to detail our political processes.  There is no reason to believe Blasey Ford and disbelieve Reade or vice versa.  Not requiring this has brought us to the point where people only believe what is politically expedient for them to believe.

Right now, there's no reason someone can make these kinds of allegations in a way that will bring no real closure to the matter.  Kavanaugh and Biden have both had there names sullied, but to say that either accusation has been proven even to the level of probable cause.  So I want those making decades old allegations to take a polygraph by a neutral polygrapher before there allegations go center stage.  They should not simply be believed uncritically.  I can't think of a way that's more fair to the American public.  Because these allegations by  Blasey Ford and Reade are, at this point and in this context, political accusations.  Unfair?  Maybe, but it's the least worst way at this point.

Polygraphs are unscientific garbage
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 02:45:05 PM »

I've come around to the belief that we should be requiring a polygraph exam of anyone who wishes national attention over long ago allegations of sexual abuse before these things are allowed to detail our political processes.  There is no reason to believe Blasey Ford and disbelieve Reade or vice versa.  Not requiring this has brought us to the point where people only believe what is politically expedient for them to believe.

Right now, there's no reason someone can make these kinds of allegations in a way that will bring no real closure to the matter.  Kavanaugh and Biden have both had there names sullied, but to say that either accusation has been proven even to the level of probable cause.  So I want those making decades old allegations to take a polygraph by a neutral polygrapher before there allegations go center stage.  They should not simply be believed uncritically.  I can't think of a way that's more fair to the American public.  Because these allegations by  Blasey Ford and Reade are, at this point and in this context, political accusations.  Unfair?  Maybe, but it's the least worst way at this point.

Polygraphs are unscientific garbage

Please elaborate.

https://www.apa.org/research/action/polygraph

The American Psychological Association says they're unreliable.

The US Supreme Court Case United States v. Scheffer ruled they are inadmissible in court martial proceedings.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 05:58:27 PM »

Omar is an idiot and takes the bait.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »

This woman has been discredited time and time again, and her allegation came out in March - the vast majority of people did not believe her. An interview in Australia a month before the election is not going to change that.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 04:12:10 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies