Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9
Author Topic: Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread  (Read 14590 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2020, 11:37:40 PM »

Polygraphs are fine for the Maury show, they should be nowhere near any kind of criminal matter.

Is the maury show into polygraph I thought it was mainly paternity?

They're best known for paternity but they also deal with infidelity.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2020, 04:47:21 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »

The newest revelation, that she was supporting Biden in october 2019, and under oath, said positive things about him and that she "helped" him with violence against women legislation is ... really telling and damning, and continues to make the case that this whole thing is over
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2020, 05:55:29 PM »

The lesson out of this pundits is to just wait things out a bit and see how they play out. John Oliver did this the best. He said several weeks ago that he just wanted some more time to form a full opinion bc the story was changing. There’s nothing wrong with saying you want time.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2020, 05:58:27 PM »

Omar is an idiot and takes the bait.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2020, 06:32:36 PM »
« Edited: May 24, 2020, 06:36:01 PM by roxas11 »

Judging by most of the twitter comment from that post
Omar is getting trashed for saying that and many are saying they wont support her any more after this.
Look I can understand if Omar had said this when Tara first starting making the allegations
but at this point the damming facts about Tara is already out and her credibility has already been destroyed.

So why she thinks that backing her at this point is good idea is beyond me  
all she does is hurt herself going forward and if she is not careful that could lead to a primary against her.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2020, 06:37:43 PM »

Wow. I owe Fuzzy & OSR an apology.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 24, 2020, 06:40:40 PM »

Omar is gutter trash, news at 11.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #58 on: May 24, 2020, 06:43:54 PM »

I won't go that far. I've always had my issues with Omar, but whenever I find myself wanting to unite in opposing something she did, her right wing opponents then end up taking it too far and making her sympathetic. This, however, is not one of those moments.

But with Fuzzy being so supportive of the Reade allegations, I wonder how he is taking this...actually I don't! I take it back!
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2020, 06:46:17 PM »

Haven't read the whole interview, but the tweets about it make it sound like quite something:

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2020, 06:54:34 PM »

Ilhan Omar is insane, a complete idiot, and an absolutely despicable person.  But we already knew that.
Fuzzy Stands With His Friend, Chairman Sanchez
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2020, 07:28:15 PM »

I won't go that far. I've always had my issues with Omar, but whenever I find myself wanting to unite in opposing something she did, her right wing opponents then end up taking it too far and making her sympathetic. This, however, is not one of those moments.

But with Fuzzy being so supportive of the Reade allegations, I wonder how he is taking this...actually I don't! I take it back!

Ilhan Omar is insane, a complete idiot, and an absolutely despicable person.  But we already knew that.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499283-why-joe-biden-can-do-no-wrong

The freedom that is Biden is nowhere more evident than in a recent column by The Nation’s Katha Pollitt, who wrote about the allegations of sexual assault made by former Biden staffer Tara Reade. Pollitt dispensed with any struggle over feminist or moral qualms, declaring, “I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them.”

As Pollitt explained, “We do not have the luxury of sitting out the election to feel morally pure or send a message about sexual assault and #BelieveWomen.” Otherwise, Pollitt would have to deal with her column during the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, in which she denounced “some of his defenders [who] seem to be saying that even if the allegations are true, it shouldn’t really matter.”

The article I cite shows other shining examples:

Others have struggled with an answer until they discovered the presidential bull. Women’s rights attorney Lisa Bloom said she believes Biden did rape a female staffer and has lied about it publicly but she still will endorse him for president. She tweeted, “I believe you, Tara Reade ... sorry.” To use Pollitt’s language, defending a rape victim is now a “luxury.” Likewise, Linda Hirshman wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times titled “I Believe Tara Reade. I’m Voting for Joe Biden Anyway.” She explained, “Democratic primary voters knew all about Mr. Biden’s membership in that boys’ club when there was still time to pick someone else. Alas ... I’ll take one for the team. I believe Ms. Reade, and I’ll vote for Mr. Biden this fall.”

The article quotes Karine Jean Pierre who stated in 2017:  "I think we're at a point in time in this country where the 'Me Too' movement has really gotten some traction. We’re finally listening to victims ... and I think if you’re running for office, you can’t have been accused of sexual harassment or assault."  She just joined Biden's staff as an adviser.

Here's how bad it is:  Ilhan Omar is a Force For Morality in today's Democratic Party (if you grade on the curve).  She hasn't gotten any better, mind you, but on this issue, she has a smidgen of integrity that the entire Feminist Left lacks.

The Feminist Left, if they wanted to, has the power to drive Biden off the ticket and compel the Democratic National Committee to name another candidate.  This would be foolishness against anyone else, but there is reason to believe that a substituted candidate could do well.  Indeed, Tara Reade is almost the perfect excuse for the Democrats to dislodge Biden.  The Democrats, however, have failed to see this as a blessing in disguise.  They're going ahead with a candidate who's rapidly becoming a joke.  Now I've never liked the Feminist Left, but it's good for America to see their Feminist Left's Machiavellian nature up close and personal.  "I believe you, Tara Reade . . . sorry."  That kind of says it all, doesn't it.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2020, 07:33:42 PM »

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/499283-why-joe-biden-can-do-no-wrong

The freedom that is Biden is nowhere more evident than in a recent column by The Nation’s Katha Pollitt, who wrote about the allegations of sexual assault made by former Biden staffer Tara Reade. Pollitt dispensed with any struggle over feminist or moral qualms, declaring, “I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them.”

As Pollitt explained, “We do not have the luxury of sitting out the election to feel morally pure or send a message about sexual assault and #BelieveWomen.” Otherwise, Pollitt would have to deal with her column during the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, in which she denounced “some of his defenders [who] seem to be saying that even if the allegations are true, it shouldn’t really matter.”

The article I cite shows other shining examples:

Others have struggled with an answer until they discovered the presidential bull. Women’s rights attorney Lisa Bloom said she believes Biden did rape a female staffer and has lied about it publicly but she still will endorse him for president. She tweeted, “I believe you, Tara Reade ... sorry.” To use Pollitt’s language, defending a rape victim is now a “luxury.” Likewise, Linda Hirshman wrote an opinion piece in The New York Times titled “I Believe Tara Reade. I’m Voting for Joe Biden Anyway.” She explained, “Democratic primary voters knew all about Mr. Biden’s membership in that boys’ club when there was still time to pick someone else. Alas ... I’ll take one for the team. I believe Ms. Reade, and I’ll vote for Mr. Biden this fall.”

The article quotes Karine Jean Pierre who stated in 2017:  "I think we're at a point in time in this country where the 'Me Too' movement has really gotten some traction. We’re finally listening to victims ... and I think if you’re running for office, you can’t have been accused of sexual harassment or assault."  She just joined Biden's staff as an adviser.

Here's how bad it is:  Ilhan Omar is a Force For Morality in today's Democratic Party (if you grade on the curve).  She hasn't gotten any better, mind you, but on this issue, she has a smidgen of integrity that the entire Feminist Left lacks.

The Feminist Left, if they wanted to, has the power to drive Biden off the ticket and compel the Democratic National Committee to name another candidate.  This would be foolishness against anyone else, but there is reason to believe that a substituted candidate could do well.  Indeed, Tara Reade is almost the perfect excuse for the Democrats to dislodge Biden.  The Democrats, however, have failed to see this as a blessing in disguise.  They're going ahead with a candidate who's rapidly becoming a joke.  Now I've never liked the Feminist Left, but it's good for America to see their Feminist Left's Machiavellian nature up close and personal.  "I believe you, Tara Reade . . . sorry."  That kind of says it all, doesn't it.
If the candidate who is "rapidly becoming a joke" leads Trump comfortably, what does that make Trump lol
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2020, 07:41:26 PM »

Omar is publishing her reasoning in a book in three days' time. I'd have been willing to believe she was genuine about her conviction if she hadn't done the following, but she's left this bombshell close to details-free and the probable reason for this is to boost sales.
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2020, 08:47:08 PM »

Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party should rescind their support.

Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2020, 02:12:14 AM »

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1264681648773357568?s=20
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2020, 02:24:06 AM »

Omar is a horrible person and a fraud.

In other news, water is wet.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2020, 02:55:43 AM »

She is horrible person. She must be primaried. DCCC must do all that they can to get her out of the Congress
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2020, 03:02:00 AM »

This was already posted in the megathread. Mods, please merge.
Libertas Vel Mors
Haley/Ryan
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -0.17

« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2020, 03:09:23 AM »

The megathread is pointless and annoying at this point. No one reads it.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2020, 03:10:48 AM »

I disagree with her but I respect her courage to voice her opinion. I kind of wish it was after the election though.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2020, 03:11:12 AM »

The megathread is pointless and annoying at this point. No one reads it.
It's also the megathread, where we post stuff like this. No point in having it if we aren't gonna use it.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2020, 03:16:12 AM »

Saying you believe Reade right now shows an especially poor judgement. Also, "“I am America’s hope and President Trump’s nightmare”? Lmao go away
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2020, 03:40:54 AM »
« Edited: May 25, 2020, 03:51:48 AM by Landslide Lyndon »

Saying you believe Reade right now shows an especially poor judgement. Also, "“I am America’s hope and President Trump’s nightmare”? Lmao go away

She and Tlaib have a chip on their shoulders that rivals Trump's.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2020, 03:48:12 AM »

Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party should rescind their support.

Is it a standard procedure for the party to endorse the incumbent or is she really that popular among party regulars?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies