Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:32:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]
Author Topic: Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread  (Read 14763 times)
sguberman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2021, 01:32:26 AM »

BTW Tara is still trying to push her story she wrote on OP in RT after AOC came out and said she was assaulted. I keep feeling like someday maybe after the pandemic something new comes out about her story and she gets some attention I don't know why but I feel like that's going to happen.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #201 on: February 07, 2021, 03:13:27 AM »

I don't think she'll ever get any mainstream media attention again. At least none to discuss her allegation; maybe she'll get some coverage for other actions.
sguberman
United States

« Reply #202 on: February 07, 2021, 03:43:34 AM »

Did anyone actually read her book? If anyone here did what does she say?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #203 on: February 07, 2021, 09:07:19 PM »

Did anyone actually read her book? If anyone here did what does she say?

If you haven't, I don't know who would.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #204 on: February 08, 2021, 03:30:15 AM »

Who cares?
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #205 on: February 08, 2021, 11:13:40 AM »

anyone heard from her recently or is she crying fraud. has she admitted she was paid under the table, i think she was. the whole thing will start to make sense
and also she had to go to the hospital for heart problems
Omg I’m so sorry to hear that I hope she’s better!
sguberman
United States

« Reply #206 on: February 08, 2021, 11:15:55 AM »

anyone heard from her recently or is she crying fraud. has she admitted she was paid under the table, i think she was. the whole thing will start to make sense
and also she had to go to the hospital for heart problems
Omg I’m so sorry to hear that I hope she’s better!
She was out after a few days I am sure she is fine.
Motorcity

« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2021, 08:33:03 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2021, 07:55:31 AM by YE »

BTW Tara is still trying to push her story she wrote on OP in RT after AOC came out and said she was assaulted. I keep feeling like someday maybe after the pandemic something new comes out about her story and she gets some attention I don't know why but I feel like that's going to happen.
Didn't PBS disapprove her theory and prove she was fired for lying about check fruad in the 90s?

She is a liar who tried to bring down the only man capable of saving our democracy. Imagine if she came out in Oct before she could be disproven. Than Trump wins and we no longer have free elections while he abolishes the welfare state.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2021, 01:28:19 AM »

Didn't PBS disapprove her theory and prove she was fired for lying about check fruad in the 90s?

You can't really "disprove" that something happened, but...
  • she changed the location of the alleged assault multiple times as each one was shown to be impossible (even changing the building eventually),
  • the timing doesn't ever work out with Biden's published work schedules and returning home to Delaware every night,
  • not a single person from Biden's office that she claimed to have told at the time (nor people in all the other offices who she claims knew about it, as she claims it was widely known throughout the building and responsible for her not finding another job there) have corroborated it or even remember hearing about it (not a single one, including Trump-supporting Republicans!),
  • the complaint she claims to have filed at the time does not exist,
  • her friends/family members that initially said they remember her talking about it at the time have recanted,
  • in order for her story to be true, she would have had to come to work on Capitol Hill without pantyhose or panties and not been sent home for a flagrant dress code violation
  • no other accusers have come forward to say that Biden did something similar to them, meaning it would have to be a freak one-time thing that he never did again,
  • she had a clear political motive and freely admitted that she was coming forward to try to throw the nomination to Bernie.

So, you'd have to desperately anti-Biden to think this is even slightly likely to be true. You might handwave one of those things away, but it's just too much to look past.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2021, 03:02:16 AM »

You can't really "disprove" that something happened, but...
  • she changed the location of the alleged assault multiple times as each one was shown to be impossible (even changing the building eventually),
  • the timing doesn't ever work out with Biden's published work schedules and returning home to Delaware every night,
  • not a single person from Biden's office that she claimed to have told at the time (nor people in all the other offices who she claims knew about it, as she claims it was widely known throughout the building and responsible for her not finding another job there) have corroborated it or even remember hearing about it (not a single one, including Trump-supporting Republicans!),
  • the complaint she claims to have filed at the time does not exist,
  • her friends/family members that initially said they remember her talking about it at the time have recanted,
  • in order for her story to be true, she would have had to come to work on Capitol Hill without pantyhose or panties and not been sent home for a flagrant dress code violation
  • no other accusers have come forward to say that Biden did something similar to them, meaning it would have to be a freak one-time thing that he never did again,
  • she had a clear political motive and freely admitted that she was coming forward to try to throw the nomination to Bernie.

So, you'd have to desperately anti-Biden to think this is even slightly likely to be true. You might handwave one of those things away, but it's just too much to look past.
Exactly. No objective person could look at the evidence and find her story worthy of trust.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #210 on: February 11, 2021, 04:21:15 AM »

Those reasons listed above are why no credible news outlet, including even Fox, were willing to run with this story at first. It was leftwing disinformation outlets, followed by rightwing propaganda, that picked it up and ran with it. Rather than report that there were many reasons that the allegation was not credible and then move on, almost all of mainstream news ran with it and protected themselves by prefacing all their coverage with some equivalent of "Many people are saying . . ." Once Reade was revealed to have committed perjury multiple times, often specifically regarding her experience as a Biden staffer, the mainstream media had no choice but to drop it completely and by then the disinformation outlets had moved onto the next thing. The whole thing revealed a lot of disturbing realities about the media and America's willingness to make up its mind on allegations regardless of evidence.
sguberman
United States

« Reply #211 on: March 14, 2021, 04:06:09 PM »

I figured I should show you guys this
https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1371068664221478916
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #212 on: March 14, 2021, 04:13:15 PM »

I think you would struggle to find people who would care at this point even concern trolling while at it
sguberman
United States

« Reply #213 on: March 14, 2021, 04:18:07 PM »

I think you would struggle to find people who would care at this point even concern trolling while at it
You may think this but there are definitely many people who still believe her and got into a twitter fight with one of them a few days ago for over an hour.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #214 on: March 14, 2021, 04:23:34 PM »

"A year later, a liar tries to get her story straight."
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #215 on: March 14, 2021, 09:28:26 PM »

You may think this but there are definitely many people who still believe her and got into a twitter fight with one of them a few days ago for over an hour.
Why?
sguberman
United States

« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2021, 09:56:53 PM »

Why?
The user kept handwaving anything that contradicted reade.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies