Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:15:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9
Author Topic: Tara Reade rape allegation aftermath megathread  (Read 14769 times)
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: August 16, 2020, 12:11:56 PM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #151 on: August 16, 2020, 12:16:45 PM »

Reade being willing to speak at the RNC just proves that this was always about some vendetta against Biden.

She rightly has little credibility at this point and this will damage hers further in the eyes of the general public, but it doesn't do this. It's easily characterised as grift and probably is, but it's also quite plausible to imagine an upset survivor being willing to participate in a political campaign against their abuser.
Only if said "survivor" hadn't praised her "abuser" just a few years earlier and eagerly supported the presidential ticket upon which he featured in 2008 and 2012.

I’m not saying Tara Reade is credible. I’m saying appearing on Biden’s opponent’s platform would not, in isolation, be a slam dunk against her case (which looks very weak for other reasons).
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #152 on: August 16, 2020, 12:20:13 PM »

Reade being willing to speak at the RNC just proves that this was always about some vendetta against Biden.

She rightly has little credibility at this point and this will damage hers further in the eyes of the general public, but it doesn't do this. It's easily characterised as grift and probably is, but it's also quite plausible to imagine an upset survivor being willing to participate in a political campaign against their abuser.
Only if said "survivor" hadn't praised her "abuser" just a few years earlier and eagerly supported the presidential ticket upon which he featured in 2008 and 2012.

I’m not saying Tara Reade is credible. I’m saying appearing on Biden’s opponent’s platform would not, in isolation, be a slam dunk against her case (which looks very weak for other reasons).

Honestly I disagree. Reade has been utterly and completely discredited. This is a desperate last act for attention. Its obvious she’s a right wing hack who tried to hurt Biden and appearing on another party’s convention shows a clear bias imo.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #153 on: August 16, 2020, 12:30:19 PM »

she's truly unhinged.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #154 on: August 16, 2020, 12:45:22 PM »

Tara Reade could go on national TV to confess that she made the whole thing up to get attention and help Trump, and Rose Twitter would still say "this election is a choice between blue rapist and red rapist."
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #155 on: August 16, 2020, 12:48:24 PM »

If Biden's opponent were Mitt Romney, or some other Republican with no well known and documented sexual misconduct history, sure, but Trump? Absolutely that's an indictment of her case.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #156 on: August 16, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

We're really still doing this Tara?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #157 on: August 16, 2020, 01:53:00 PM »

Biden should seriously file a lawsuit against her if she does actually end up accusing him of mucking it up with Epstein.

How dare she make a mockery of sexual abuse.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2020, 04:10:07 PM »

Biden should seriously file a lawsuit against her if she does actually end up accusing him of mucking it up with Epstein.

How dare she make a mockery of sexual abuse.

This is why she won’t go on stage next week.
roxas11
United States

« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2020, 04:36:23 PM »
« Edited: August 16, 2020, 04:51:08 PM by roxas11 »

I disagree

In this case not only would it be a slam dunk against her
it would also make her look like a massive hypocrite for tuning a blind eye to the many woman who have accused trump of rape. The fact is if she did this she would now be supporting a man who is accused of sexually assaulting other woman.

As another poster pointed out maybe if she was asking to speak for Romney or McCain things would be different but her Backing Trump would be rightfully seen as smack in the face to many of the woman who has accused trump of rape.  

As I said before her being anti Biden is one thing
her now saying she is Pro Trump and will activity help him get reelected by speaking at his convention is another........
riceowl
riceowl315
YaBB God

« Reply #160 on: August 20, 2020, 12:02:59 PM »

In case anyone was curious about what the front page of foxnews.com was like today....

GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #161 on: August 20, 2020, 12:06:35 PM »

"Nearly 100 celebrities outspoken against Kavanaugh are silent on Biden, study finds"

what academic journal was this study published in?  I want to read their methodology.

Tara Reade is the new Juanita Broaddrick though.  Some crazy woman who makes a wild allegation, and the right-wing media just keeps hammering it and refusing to inform their audience about all the holes in the story, or all the investigations that have already been done.  And they will continue to hammer it long after the Biden presidency ends, so that young people hearing about it for the first time think it defines his legacy.
MikeIrvine
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -5.74

« Reply #162 on: August 20, 2020, 12:30:49 PM »

"Nearly 100 celebrities outspoken against Kavanaugh are silent on Biden, study finds"

what academic journal was this study published in?  I want to read their methodology.

Tara Reade is the new Juanita Broaddrick though.  Some crazy woman who makes a wild allegation, and the right-wing media just keeps hammering it and refusing to inform their audience about all the holes in the story, or all the investigations that have already been done.  And they will continue to hammer it long after the Biden presidency ends, so that young people hearing about it for the first time think it defines his legacy.

The Newsmax Journal of Political Stuffs
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #163 on: August 20, 2020, 12:34:04 PM »

lol Reade needs to shut up and get a life. Her smear against Biden failed. Biden will be President, while she will fade into irrelevancy and continue to be a nobody.
Lord Halifax
Papua New Guinea

« Reply #164 on: August 20, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »

Nothing crazy about Broaddrick. Quit your disgusting rape apologism.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #165 on: August 20, 2020, 12:59:43 PM »

Nothing crazy about Broaddrick. Quit your disgusting rape apologism.

I was going to recount this story but then realized I mixed up my Clinton accusers and it was actually a Kathleen Willey gem.

An alleged victim of the former president’s sexual advances, Kathleen Willey, appears in the film a decade after her moment on the national stage. Willey shows extensive signs of plastic surgery and paranoia and reprises some of the material from her recent book, Target: Caught in the Crosshairs of Bill and Hillary Clinton. In a taut-lipped interview, she suggests that after her name surfaced in the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit against Bill Clinton, the Clintons arranged to have her kitty assassinated. Willey, who attended last night’s screening, says she got an anonymous phone call taunting her about her missing cat and later discovered a cat skull on her porch.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #166 on: August 20, 2020, 03:04:24 PM »

Let's stop giving Reade the attention she clearly wants and let's move on.
sguberman
United States

« Reply #167 on: October 01, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »

So I know you guys get upset when we discuss Tara Reade but.....
https://twitter.com/LexiDaish/status/1311696319107325952
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #168 on: October 01, 2020, 05:05:48 PM »

Should be noted this is 60 Minutes Australia. They clearly don't have the standards that the US version does. Also, no one disagrees that Tara Reade worked for Biden, so what is this footage supposed to prove?
sguberman
United States

« Reply #169 on: October 01, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »

Should be noted this is 60 Minutes Australia. They clearly don't have the standards that the US version does. Also, no one disagrees that Tara Reade worked for Biden, so what is this footage supposed to prove?
I know that but I am a little concerned she may start to get more attention all of sudden.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #170 on: October 01, 2020, 05:08:25 PM »

I know that but I am a little concerned she may start to get more attention all of sudden.

Nah. Not outside Fox News and their right-wing media cohorts. In other words, additional coverage between now and the election will be 99% preaching to the choir
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #171 on: October 01, 2020, 05:46:15 PM »

Nah. Not outside Fox News and their right-wing media cohorts. In other words, additional coverage between now and the election will be 99% preaching to the choir

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The media is utterly desperate for their horse race story and as we saw in 2016 are willing to do literally anything to bring the race as close as possible, even if they end up giving Trump another term.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #172 on: October 01, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »

This woman has been discredited time and time again, and her allegation came out in March - the vast majority of people did not believe her. An interview in Australia a month before the election is not going to change that.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #173 on: October 01, 2020, 06:08:41 PM »

Let's stop giving Reade the attention she clearly wants and let's move on.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #174 on: October 01, 2020, 06:15:38 PM »

Turn off the spotlight.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies