Do you believe that the Second Amendment is arcane? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:56:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Do you believe that the Second Amendment is arcane? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that the Second Amendment is arcane?
Yes

No

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 100

Author Topic: Do you believe that the Second Amendment is arcane?  (Read 7771 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: May 22, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

it's nice to see that even on this lean left political message board with many non-American posters that a small person's right to defend themselves against big people is still respected.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:45:47 PM »

it's nice unfortunate to see that even on this lean left political message board with many non-American posters that a small person's right to defend themselves against big people is still respected a majority of people want to do nothing about gun violence.

This is basically what you are saying

no its not
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 10:19:00 AM »

it's nice to see that even on this lean left political message board with many non-American posters that a small person's right to defend themselves against big people is still respected.
Lol dude if the government really wants you dead, owning an AR-15 ain’t gonna save you.
I didn't mention the govt, so strawman fail
The 2nd Amendment was written back when the only guns were muskets and pistols. Why tf should it apply to ALL guns? Did the founders even think of the possibility of fully automatic guns being created?
The 1st Amendment was written back when the only communication were slow mail and the printing press. Why tf should it apply to ALL forms of communication? Did the founders even think of the possibility of the internet being created?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2020, 08:19:39 AM »

The idea that the second amendment only guaranteed state militias is laughable, as is the idea that it prohibits regulation.
indeed.  You'd think someone with 20k posts here who is clearly passionate about the issue wouldn't make that mistake because he would have seen this play out at least a half dozen times, but here we are.

Many gun control nuts live in a little bubble of biases and emotion that can not be popped with inconvenient facts.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 01:18:34 PM »

How many people who claim to need a gun for protection also refuse to wear a mask?
That is the question. As for me, between having a gun or wearing a mask, I prefer the latter.
I was told the reason we wear masks is to prevent the wearer from spreading disease more than it was for personal protection*.  Were you told something else?

*I'm NOT saying masks don't offer any protection for the wearer.  I shouldn't have to add things like that, but I know you people like to assume the worst of people you disagree with politically.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 01:55:30 PM »

How many people who claim to need a gun for protection also refuse to wear a mask?
That is the question. As for me, between having a gun or wearing a mask, I prefer the latter.
I was told the reason we wear masks is to prevent the wearer from spreading disease more than it was for personal protection*.  Were you told something else?

*I'm NOT saying masks don't offer any protection for the wearer.  I shouldn't have to add things like that, but I know you people like to assume the worst of people you disagree with politically.

So are you saying that people carrying guns, they don't offer any protection to society?  Devil Devil Devil
CC holders offer a tiny benefit to local society in some cases (the vast majority of time it's a wash, as most times/places are 100% safe in the US).  Mask wearers also offer a tiny benefit, but it's likely larger on average in the age of the Covid.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies